Count Down Till Down Town

Other topics not relating to Youmacon and general conversations.

Moderator: Public Moderators

DemonBlackDragon
First Anime: Tenchi Muyo

Count Down Till Down Town

Postby DemonBlackDragon » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:39 pm

With only a few weeks till Youmacon I am going out of my mind waiting for it. I know most keep busy with last minute costume repairs or finishing the last detail but for thous who have nothing left to do what are you doing to make the time go faster? So far it's been Youtube and Crunchy Roll for myself but that can only do so much...
Youmacon 2017 cosplay list:
Thursday: Male Ryoko with Female Tenchi (Tenchi Muyo)
Friday: The Joker with Harley Quinn (Batman)
Saturday:Hannyabal with Sadi (One Piece)
Sunday: Hugo with Posion (Streetfighter X Tekken)

KosaiYukito
Video Programming Staff

Re: Count Down Till Down Town

Postby KosaiYukito » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:25 am

Larping the weekend before and then trying to do a whole costume from scratch the 5 days before the con while working a 40 hour week. :D Hooray for drowning in things to do XD

Seriously though this year's gone by so fast I didn't even realize the con was so close until last week. X.x
~:~ I got to kill Sailor Man for the 7th time! ~:~

ISOS_Duke
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: Tokyo Mew Mew/Pokemon

Postby ISOS_Duke » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:29 pm

Ugh, I don't know if I should panic or not yet! Like Kosai, I work a 40 hour job (though I'm there longer than that and often work longer hours) and at the moment, I think I only have plans for this Saturday and that's to go over the masq. skit I'm doing with 2 other people. The costume for the skit is ALMOST done, just a few more things to do and it's good to go.

I'm trying to get 2 other costumes done though, so my focus has been on them.

My usually schedule tends to go: Up at 5am to work out and get ready for work, leave at 7:30, work 8 to 5, work on cosplays from about 5:30 to 10. I get a bit more freedom during the weekend thankfully.

At this point, I'm calm, which is impressive for the work I still need to do. Hard to tell if that's because I know my Dragon Age costumes will also be completed or because I'm ok with the fact they may not get done in time >.>
Cosplays
2015 - Mega Rayquaza (Pokemon)
2015 - Inquisitor Levallen (Dragon Age Inquisition)
2014 -Queen Elsa (Frozen)
2013 - Ruby (RWBY)

Ferrie
First Anime: Cowboy Bebop

Postby Ferrie » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:46 pm

Excited and can't wait for Youmacon to start! In the meantime, I've gotten started on watching Attack on Titan because it seems like it's getting to be a bigger and bigger deal. (My second time attempting, because the first time I stopped after the first three minutes because I didn't care for the art style.)
Last edited by Ferrie on Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

melociraptors
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby melociraptors » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:26 am

I'm so excited I can't sleep, and when it gets down to the crunch time like this, usually I don't have costumes finished like I should have by now.... And I usually keep myself busy by working (since I work downtown, I just get more anxious) or playing D&D on the weekends. Basically rushing to finish up adhesive and strappings on my Hilde Von Krone armor, getting drunk, and then weeping silently about all the thing that could go wrong.
Youmacon Cosplays
2015 - Suika Ibuki & Hildegard Von Krone
2014 - Vriska Serket & Satsuki Kiryuin
2013 - Kanaya Maryam & Naegi Makoto

Minicar
First Anime: sadadsa

Postby Minicar » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:33 am

It is very good to have it.

Return to “Can't Sleep, Con Will Eat Me...”