New to the Artist Alley and I have some questions

Moderators: Hikaru0, Public Moderators

AbyssalOtaku
First Anime: Sailor Moon

New to the Artist Alley and I have some questions

Postby AbyssalOtaku » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:24 am

This will be my first year getting an artist table at Youmacon and for the most part I think I'm prepared. However, I had a few questions about getting set up and all.

1. I have already purchased my table and I have the ticket confirmation printed out. On the 29th on Thursday, is there a specific line I have to wait in in order for me to get the Artist badge or do I skip the lines and inform someone that I have bought a table?

2. I've heard that one Artist badge covers for two people at one table, is that true? And if not, where would I go and who should I see about converting a 3-day badge into a helper badge?

3. Are there any display restrictions I should know about? As in am I allowed to use grid gondolas and grid shelves in my area for displaying my prints?

I do apologize if the answers to these questions are already answered and are in separate forum topics, but I'm sort of struggling to get direct answers here.
Avatar made by R-no71 from deviantart~ <3

Damien_Damien
First Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist

Re: New to the Artist Alley and I have some questions

Postby Damien_Damien » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:51 pm

1. Check-in should be in the Alley. There'll probably be a line somewhere in the Ren Cen or Cobo for general check-in, but if you're not sure, just find someone in a staff shirt. They'll be able to point you in the right direction.

2. I think the two-person coverage means that two people can be behind the table at any given time. Converting 3-day badges for helpers seems to have caused some confusion over in the Facebook group this year, but general consensus is to talk to the Alley head when you check in, and she should be able to get an Artist badge for them instead of a regular one.

3. As long as everything stays on your table and isn't at risk of falling, you should be good. Lots of people use grid shelves for their display.

If you have any other questions, there's an AA Facebook group you can check out: https://www.facebook.com/groups/youma.aa/

AbyssalOtaku
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby AbyssalOtaku » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:22 pm

Damien_Damien wrote:1. Check-in should be in the Alley. There'll probably be a line somewhere in the Ren Cen or Cobo for general check-in, but if you're not sure, just find someone in a staff shirt. They'll be able to point you in the right direction.

2. I think the two-person coverage means that two people can be behind the table at any given time. Converting 3-day badges for helpers seems to have caused some confusion over in the Facebook group this year, but general consensus is to talk to the Alley head when you check in, and she should be able to get an Artist badge for them instead of a regular one.

3. As long as everything stays on your table and isn't at risk of falling, you should be good. Lots of people use grid shelves for their display.

If you have any other questions, there's an AA Facebook group you can check out: https://www.facebook.com/groups/youma.aa/

Okay, thanks so much for the info!

Also, is there any information on the dimensions of the tables this year? I saw on the Facebook page that someone had said the tables would be bigger this year, but I didn't find any exact dimensions for the tables.
Avatar made by R-no71 from deviantart~ <3

Damien_Damien
First Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist

Postby Damien_Damien » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:22 pm

I think Beth said they're 8ft long this year. They were supposed to be 8ft last year, but Cobo only supplied 6ft ones, so lots of people were pissed that their displays didn't fit right.

Return to “Artists' Alley”