People Mover Pass?

Topics about the convention that don't fit into one of the other categories.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Melodux
First Anime: Yu Yu Hakusho

People Mover Pass?

Postby Melodux » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:16 pm

I haven't been able to keep up on the announcements for Youmacon this year, I've been so busy, so I apologize if this is an obvious question...

Are People Mover passes not available this year? Or is there a separate link somewhere else? I typically grab mine when I preorder my badge, but I haven't seen a link to where I can buy it on the Youmacon website...

If anyone knows about it, please pass on the info! Thanks!

I only date Keyblade Masters.

DPMTranspo
First Anime: Naruto

Re: People Mover Pass?

Postby DPMTranspo » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:34 pm

The passes are set up on the People Mover website - which has been updated. You will need to register as a new customer and reintroduce your profile to the database. :bzz:

http://passes.thepeoplemover.com/products/01015youmacon

Eleke
First Anime: Card Captor Sakura

Postby Eleke » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:48 pm

Last year they were also selling People Mover passes in the registration area, so worse comes to worst you can pick one up there.

Sub Zippo
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: Speed Racer

Postby Sub Zippo » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:05 am

DPMTranspo wrote:The passes are set up on the People Mover website - which has been updated. You will need to register as a new customer and reintroduce your profile to the database. :bzz:

http://passes.thepeoplemover.com/products/01015youmacon

Thanks a million for the heads up. Ordered mine. Well worth it.
Con pics on facebook http://www.facebook.com/nateyork82/photos_albums
Con videos on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/subzippo

Washu_Takahashi
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby Washu_Takahashi » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:33 am

Hi, I'm new to Youmacon. Can you guys tell me a bit about the people mover pass? Distances to/from places maybe if I choose to walk instead? I go to Acen every year and have no problem walking the distance from the Hyatt to the con center and back a few times in a day, but I don't know how spread out Youmacon is. I'm staying at the main hotel. (and Saturday will be spent in wedge heels, so thinking less walking might be better...) If I roughed it out on Friday to see how it goes and it goes poorly, would there still be passes on Saturday or is it the kind of thing that sells out?

Thanks ahead of time!
Youma 2015 Cosplay Plans!
Thursday: Neko [K Project]
Friday: Ikki [AMNESIA]
Saturday: Maki Nishikino ~ Dancing Stars on Me ver [Love Live!]
Sunday: Disgust [Inside Out]

Sub Zippo
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: Speed Racer

Postby Sub Zippo » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:43 pm

http://www.mapquest.com/directions#a3c0 ... 28cf378c1b

Ren Cen to Cobo is just under half a mile/10 minute walk. It doesn't sound like much, but if you are in cosplay or carrying stuff, it can be difficult. I usually take the walk once during the con and I usually regret it. The people mover will get you there faster and save you some walking, though you'll still have to walk from the north side of Cobo to the south side, but that's a lot less than half a mile. Unless you are dirt poor and love excessive walking in the elements past the homeless, the pass is worth it.
Con pics on facebook http://www.facebook.com/nateyork82/photos_albums
Con videos on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/subzippo

Ferrie
First Anime: Cowboy Bebop

Postby Ferrie » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:21 pm

Washu_Takahashi wrote:Hi, I'm new to Youmacon. Can you guys tell me a bit about the people mover pass? Distances to/from places maybe if I choose to walk instead? I go to Acen every year and have no problem walking the distance from the Hyatt to the con center and back a few times in a day, but I don't know how spread out Youmacon is. I'm staying at the main hotel. (and Saturday will be spent in wedge heels, so thinking less walking might be better...) If I roughed it out on Friday to see how it goes and it goes poorly, would there still be passes on Saturday or is it the kind of thing that sells out?

Thanks ahead of time!

Welcome to Youmacon!

I've walked the previous three years and didn't really have a problem, but as the previous person said, if you have props to carry, heavy costume, or as you mentioned wedged heels, it might be a bit of a walk. It only got bad for me when it was freezing cold (as in 25 degrees...), so be prepared for that too.

Washu_Takahashi
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby Washu_Takahashi » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:32 pm

Thanks for the replies! I'll definitely pick one up then, seeing as they're cheap anyways. I'm not a fan of cold (and someone told me about a time when they went and it rained and they walked the whole way...not my idea of a fun time) so the People Mover sounds like a good idea :)
Youma 2015 Cosplay Plans!
Thursday: Neko [K Project]
Friday: Ikki [AMNESIA]
Saturday: Maki Nishikino ~ Dancing Stars on Me ver [Love Live!]
Sunday: Disgust [Inside Out]

Ferrie
First Anime: Cowboy Bebop

Postby Ferrie » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:54 pm

Washu_Takahashi wrote:Thanks for the replies! I'll definitely pick one up then, seeing as they're cheap anyways. I'm not a fan of cold (and someone told me about a time when they went and it rained and they walked the whole way...not my idea of a fun time) so the People Mover sounds like a good idea :)

It's not a bad idea. You never know about Michigan weather. One year it was drizzling, but it wasn't too wet. I am praying to kami-sama that the temperature will remain as it is right now (65 to 70 degrees) with clear blue skies until Youmacon ends. I like taking pictures of people walking between the RenCen and Cobo. It feels like the city has been taken over. :) Though I guess you could also take pictures on the People Mover and it feel like it's taken over too. Anyway, enjoy your visit! :dj:

DPMTranspo
First Anime: Naruto

Postby DPMTranspo » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:06 pm

UPDATE on when & where to get People Mover Passes at Youmacon

People Mover Sales Hours $6.00

Thursday - 6:00-10:00 PM

Friday - 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM / 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM / 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM

Saturday - 9:00 AM - Noon

Return to “General Discussion”