NEW Guests Request thread, 2013 Edition!

Questions and info pertaining to convention invited guests of honor

Moderators: Bo, Public Moderators

heavens-punisher
First Anime: either Voltron or Sailor moon

Re: NEW Guests Request thread, 2013 Edition!

Postby heavens-punisher » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:21 am

John DiMaggio please

is known for the voice of bender, Marcus Fenix from the Gears of War video game series and joker from batman: under the red hood.

tis guy has done LOADS of voice acting. wiki link below

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_DiMaggio#Film

ai-risa
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby ai-risa » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:43 am

I'm kind of getting tired of all these musical guests tbh... I'm more interested in voice actors and now that Ellen McLain isn't coming the only guest I remotely care about is Todd Haberkorn, and he was here last year.

I'd really like to see Luci Christian, Yuri Lowenthal, J. Michael Tatum, and Brina Palencia.

Here's hoping :3

herenity86

Postby herenity86 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:30 pm

Please Liam O'Brian, he does the voice of Aki from the persona series, and Vincent Law from Ergo Proxy, and Kenzo Tenma :3. Those are my most fav lol. Pwetty pwzzzzzz.

heavens-punisher
First Anime: either Voltron or Sailor moon

Postby heavens-punisher » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:58 am

ai-risa wrote:I'm kind of getting tired of all these musical guests tbh... I'm more interested in voice actors and now that Ellen McLain isn't coming the only guest I remotely care about is Todd Haberkorn, and he was here last year.

I'd really like to see Luci Christian, Yuri Lowenthal, J. Michael Tatum, and Brina Palencia.

you had me at Luci Christian :3

ontop of that id love to see monica rial. seems she has been to every con except youma. why youma? why cant you get monica rial and Luci Christian together just once? it be the perfect time to get my abenobashi set autographed lol

drizleo

Postby drizleo » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:23 pm

ai-risa wrote:I'm kind of getting tired of all these musical guests tbh... I'm more interested in voice actors and now that Ellen McLain isn't coming the only guest I remotely care about is Todd Haberkorn, and he was here last year.

I'm totally agreeing with you It seems the only ones worth while are todd and kyle l:

For the love of pete sake Why is it seeming like "Hey Youmacon 2013 Staff has Picked this person as our next Guest"

No Current background and Some Random anime ova no one cared about that's going to youmacon

Guess I'll take advantage of that Battle Opera Entry I have
Currently nerding out on Digimon

ai-risa

Postby ai-risa » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:43 pm

heavens-punisher wrote:

you had me at Luci Christian :3

ontop of that id love to see monica rial. seems she has been to every con except youma. why youma? why cant you get monica rial and Luci Christian together just once? it be the perfect time to get my abenobashi set autographed lol

I frikkin' love Monica Rial, the only reason I didn't add her to my list was because I just saw her at Shutocon, but, honestly, I'd LOVE to see her again :D I just thought I'd list some that i've yet to meet and would really like too. (If i ever get to see Tatum I'll probably pee myself XD)

tenko-chan

Postby tenko-chan » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:37 am

i think i've asked this like 3 times this year, but i would die if uncle yo could come to youmacon!! XD :love:

he is a geek specific comedian. which means he does comedy skits from things like video games, anime, and nerdy things in general.

this is a good intro video for him(it is an old video from him, so he has a lot of new material though): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CuWfa2NJ9w
some other good videos of him:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdhwQdLl1EY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVugS5uPgwY (he used to go to high school anime clubs! thats how cool he is!)

if you like comedy and are a geeky person you will like him! believe me!!
\(^-^)/ kyaaaaaaa

Edizione Epica
First Anime: Tenchi Muyo

Postby Edizione Epica » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:43 am

Yaya Han
She is a "Ambassador of cosplay" and she has judged lots of cosplay contests. Also is a star on "Heroes of Cosplay"

Jessica Nigri
She is a rofessional cosplayer and she has made appearances at major game conferences

Chloe Dykstra
Host of the show "just cos" and has also starred in the show "Heroes of Cosplay"

XShinnXCagalliX
First Anime: Gundam Wing

Postby XShinnXCagalliX » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:12 pm

agactinggirl wrote:I want to see Brad Swaile and Scott Mcneil back this year! They are just so fantastic! Also, I would like to see others from Vancouver. Like Kirby Morrow (Miroku in Inuyasha, Trowa in Gundam Wing, etc), Sam Vincent (Athrun in Gundam SEED, Tieria in Gundam 00, etc), Richard Ian Cox (Inuyasha in Inuyasha, Alleluia in Gundam 00, etc)

So many others!

I agree with agactinggirl, Brad and Scott were very fantastic and such nice guys. And also i agree with her about wanting to see other Vancouver Voice actors, I know one I'd love to see is Kirby Morrow as well as Trevor Deval and Lisa Ann Beley. ^.^

onestar
First Anime: Why is this a required field?
Location: I'm not sayin' that I'm the best, but uh, it's kinda obvious from the way you're hatin' on me

Postby onestar » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:00 pm

As long as we're asking for things that will never ever happen:

Genki Rockets
The Velvet Room | Metagame 3 | How to Con: Elegant Garden Party | to be revealed | to be revealed | Youmacon Achievements 2014

cactusmomma
Guest Relations Staff
First Anime: Speed Racer

Postby cactusmomma » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:17 pm

We'll also be bringing out the motion capture man and voice behind Assassin's Creed 3's Connor Kenway and one of the gents behind the band, Nickels & Bones: Noah Watts!
Guest updates and random con shenaniganry: http://beegobuzz.tumblr.com

Feather

Postby Feather » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:45 pm

Crispin Freeman is the only guest I would want to see. Some of these other ones are beautiful as well, Monica Rial for example. It is odd that I never see any guests in here pop up on the main page.

cactusmomma
Guest Relations Staff

Postby cactusmomma » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:57 am

I know that I can't give out too many details on who we have not announced, but what I can say is that we have announced, booked, or are currently in serious talks with 14 of the guests that have been suggested in this thread. Hopefully, it won't be too much longer before we'll have everyone together and ready to get down in the city of funkadelic cosplay!

cascade
First Anime: pokemon

Postby cascade » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:42 am

cactusmomma wrote:I know that I can't give out too many details on who we have not announced, but what I can say is that we have announced, booked, or are currently in serious talks with 14 of the guests that have been suggested in this thread. Hopefully, it won't be too much longer before we'll have everyone together and ready to get down in the city of funkadelic cosplay!
any news on when more people will be announced?
06: Pokemon Trainer
08: Yugi Moto
11: Edward Elric
12: Vampire Hunter D

cactusmomma
Guest Relations Staff

Postby cactusmomma » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:39 am

As soon as an agreement on their details to come on out here is reached between us and them/their agents, we receive their biographies and photographs, and then our media department pulls the whole presentation package together to make them pretty for the website. (ie: Honestly? As quickly as they come in. We're working on business day schedules. We do get them out as we can, but there is a couple more coming super soon!)

In the meantime: Blame Kroze.

Return to “Guests of Honor”