Lets talk about dota

Questions or info needed for events and panel put on by the convention itself? Seek within.

Moderators: MagiusT, Public Moderators

Soviet
First Anime: Highschool of the dead

Lets talk about dota

Postby Soviet » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:16 pm

I would love to have a non-profit amateur dota 2 tournament at youmacon

After doing some research I found out that getting permission isn't that difficult and is possible to negotiate something if we string the words "Just for fun" and "Non-profit" After-all having a game being broadcasted to a demoprahic of nerds would be awesome not only to youmacon but to the people as a whole.
If not a tournament, I would love to at least play dota in the game room and not get threats by your staff telling me to stop downloading it because "We can get sued if you even play it, so imma have to kick you out. Forever". Which I know is a bit of a lie. It's a game room. We're not playing tournaments Illegally in the room just playing the game.

Is this possible?

spalding1250
First Anime: Pokemon

Re: Lets talk about dota

Postby spalding1250 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:01 pm

I'm surprised Dota is not even a thing at Youmacon, I'd love to see some Dota 2

Kl0ndike
First Anime: Samurai Pizza Cats

Postby Kl0ndike » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:58 pm

I'm boosting this 1 year later. It should at least be installed and honestly with my history of E-Sports, watching amateurs play is a lot more fun than watching professionals!

Piscotinut
First Anime: DB

Postby Piscotinut » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:47 am

I think it's the funniest game. I play as long as possible. It is a very good game.

Return to “Convention Run Events\Panels”