Tower Climb v4.01

Questions or info needed for events and panel put on by the convention itself? Seek within.

Moderators: MagiusT, Public Moderators

yippee5000
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: speedracer

Tower Climb v4.01

Postby yippee5000 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:07 pm

Well there may not be an achievements list this year, but I figure on keeping up the tradition of the Shinra Tower Climb for 2014 anyways. Any other crazies out there :roll:
Garp the Fist
Kiato syncronicity v.
Hetalia Imperial Japan
Dieshuu Kaiki..5 versions!
Admiral Sadri Fam
Tomomi Masaoka
Alex Rowe

onestar
First Anime: Why is this a required field?
Location: I'm not sayin' that I'm the best, but uh, it's kinda obvious from the way you're hatin' on me

Re: Tower Climb v4.01

Postby onestar » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:59 pm

yippee5000 wrote:Well there may not be an achievements list this year

I'm just keeping you waiting, and the stairs are back again.

I just don't know if you want it bad enough.
The Velvet Room | Metagame 3 | How to Con: Elegant Garden Party | to be revealed | to be revealed | Youmacon Achievements 2014

yippee5000
Platinum Attendee

Postby yippee5000 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:28 pm

Heck Yes! :chii: We'll tear them up again this year...
Garp the Fist
Kiato syncronicity v.
Hetalia Imperial Japan
Admiral Sadri Fam
Tomomi Masaoka
Alex Rowe

Raiji Magiwind
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: Old School Gundam...:)

Postby Raiji Magiwind » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:02 pm

I think there's only like what about a half dozen of us whom can say that we have done the crazy of doing the 'Shinra Tower Climb" and for a few of us, more then once, and the sad part, many of those who have done it ain't no spring chickens...:P

So come and join us you youngins...I mean if a couple of 20 and 30 somethings and at least one 50+ person can climb the tower and back down at least once completely without dying, pretty sure some of ye spry under 20's can do it... I mean some of you lot carry what 60 lbs of books around school/collage all day and probably gotta take some stairs to boot here and there... :P

And trust me, we pace ourselves... make a rest point at about every 10 flights or so (where we also take a couple pics to document the climb)....then a nice hearty rest at the top (last year we ate cookies and drank up some water and juice)., before the descent back down (which is easier then going up). Some of use will usually also go hit up the food court for a meal afterwards....:)
Raiji's Scrib'd Shelf
--Go to my Scrib'd for the YoumaLingo Dictionary, Glomp Commandments and other fun stuff...

Zrana
Live Programming Staff
First Anime: SciFi's "Japanimation" block/SailorMoon

Postby Zrana » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:45 pm

I did it in heels one time. I arrived late to the meet up time, and hurried to make up lost time. I apparently took the second stairway, and when I neared the top floors of the hotel without finding people (no echos either), I went out of the stairs and around to the other on a random hotel floor. I caught up to the couple others doing the climb and finished it together. In heels, I repeat, in heels. We climbed back down as well if I remember right, at least part way. It was much easier than I thought it would be, but im more out of shape now. But im still up for it, even if I go solo.
Got Heartless?
*looks up at signature*
*cracks up*
Have I really not changed that since 2006?? XD

Raiji Magiwind
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: Old School Gundam...:)

Postby Raiji Magiwind » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:42 pm

Zrana wrote:I did it in heels one time. I arrived late to the meet up time, and hurried to make up lost time. I apparently took the second stairway, and when I neared the top floors of the hotel without finding people (no echos either), I went out of the stairs and around to the other on a random hotel floor. I caught up to the couple others doing the climb and finished it together. In heels, I repeat, in heels. We climbed back down as well if I remember right, at least part way. It was much easier than I thought it would be, but im more out of shape now. But im still up for it, even if I go solo.

Yes, heels and one huge square afro....:D
Raiji's Scrib'd Shelf
--Go to my Scrib'd for the YoumaLingo Dictionary, Glomp Commandments and other fun stuff...

yippee5000
Platinum Attendee

Postby yippee5000 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:48 pm

I created a Facebook event for it this year... https://www.facebook.com/events/8886499 ... r=upcoming
Garp the Fist
Kiato syncronicity v.
Hetalia Imperial Japan
Admiral Sadri Fam
Tomomi Masaoka
Alex Rowe

Return to “Convention Run Events\Panels”