Youma Idol 2014

Questions or info needed for events and panel put on by the convention itself? Seek within.

Moderators: MagiusT, Public Moderators

kojika
First Anime: Pokemon XD

Youma Idol 2014

Postby kojika » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:30 pm

Hello~

Auditions for YoumaIdol open August 1, 2014 (so in a couple days). The info will hopefully be live on the website shortly, so in the meantime, here is the forum page for it where you can ask your questions and get answers, too. The website blurb (and rules) are as follows:

Let the battle begin! Ten contestants with powerful voices have been chosen and will battle against each other in a contest of vocals to be the Youma Idol! Come on in and watch these talented performers give it their all to claim victory. Show the contestants your support as you watch them battle through two grueling rounds to claim the title. Who will be the next YoumaCon Idol?

Contest Rules
*Songs must be in Japanese or related (ie, Chinese or Korean are allowed with limits) and less than six minutes in length. Audition songs may be in another language (including English).
*Printed lyrics may not be used during the contest. Vulgar lyrics are not permitted.
*The background music must be a karaoke version, without main vocals. You may create your own karaoke version with a vocal remover in a program like Audacity or Adobe Audition if necessary, but must be okayed by Kojika first.
*Deadline is September 15th.
*All auditions should be uploaded onto an outside server (ie, ShareFile, Dropbox, or even your own private web server) and e-mailed to Kojika (KojikaSanzaki@yahoo.com). Do NOT send your audition as an attachment! DO NOT send a Youtube link.
*With your audition, please include your name, your nickname (if preferred), the song title and artist/series, and your age. If the e-mail you send it from is not the e-mail you wish to be contacted at, please also include the desired e-mail.
*Singers may audition as duet, but will be counted as one contestant. Only up to 3 duets will be accepted into the contest, so please consider wisely.

In late September, ten entrants will be chosen to perform in the exhibition at Youmacon, as well as five runner-ups. Contestants chosen to perform at the event should have two songs prepared to sing. Audition songs may be used as an entry. Further information will be requested of contestants in the notification e-mail.

At the convention, contestants must check in half an hour prior to the contest. Failure to do so will result in disqualification. All contestants will perform in an initial round, then the judges will choose five finalists for a final round. The final round will determine the first, second, and third place contestants.

*The number of entrants and rounds are subject to changed based on the amount of entries I receive.

Like usual, if you cannot find a song you would like to use as a karaoke song, I have a pretty hefty collection so feel free to ask me and I may be able to help.

If you have any other questions, please ask!
~Sanzaki Kojika

Queen of the karaoke junkies! (Running YoumaIdol again!)

Come see me in Artist Alley!
----
YoumaCon 13:
Thurs- ?
Fri- ?
Sat- ?
Sun- ?

...I'll decide, I swear!

Midousuji
First Anime: Sailor moon

Re: Youma Idol 2014

Postby Midousuji » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:29 pm

If we have competed in the past, do we need to audition again?

kojika

Postby kojika » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:45 pm

Midousuji wrote:If we have competed in the past, do we need to audition again?

Yes, you are required to audition every year. Every year has different contestants, so you may make it in one year and not the other.
~Sanzaki Kojika

----
YoumaCon 13:
Thurs- ?
Fri- ?
Sat- ?
Sun- ?

...I'll decide, I swear!

kojika

Postby kojika » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:44 pm

Here is a video that may help you clarify the rules! Made at suggestion of a previous contestant and judge :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOCjTT88VE0&feature=youtu.be
~Sanzaki Kojika

----
YoumaCon 13:
Thurs- ?
Fri- ?
Sat- ?
Sun- ?

...I'll decide, I swear!

kojika

Postby kojika » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:49 am

Due to a shortage of entries (and the fact that the information is STILL not on the website), I'm expanding auditions until Sep 22.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I haven't even reached 10 entries yet :/
~Sanzaki Kojika

----
YoumaCon 13:
Thurs- ?
Fri- ?
Sat- ?
Sun- ?

...I'll decide, I swear!

kojika

Postby kojika » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:24 pm

Alright, all the emails have been sent out!

Due to the lack of auditions (especially with the fact that the information was never updated on the site), we are going to be changing up the way we do the contest this year!

The first hour is going to be an at con audition period. This is a PRIVATE audition, ie, anyone at the con may come and audition, however only contestants and parental guardians (with any under 18 or need help) will be allowed in the room during that time.

If you are interested in this, please bring your music with you on either a CD or a USB. I will need to get it off to play it on my labtop, so we don't have to keep cycling through different systems (we CAN play your audition song off of a MP3 player for that part, but I need to be able to get it for the actual contest). All interested contestants should have two songs with them, should they make it, they'll be ready to go.

The actual contest will resume when we have chosen the remaining to fill the contestant list (estimated an hr). It will run like normal, with two rounds, first round with 10, 2nd round with 5 and then the three winners will be announced! that part will be open to audience, like usual :D

I hope to see everyone there~
~Sanzaki Kojika

----
YoumaCon 13:
Thurs- ?
Fri- ?
Sat- ?
Sun- ?

...I'll decide, I swear!

Return to “Convention Run Events\Panels”