Youmacon Website Font Can't Be Read On iPhone

Moderator: Public Moderators

littlekoishii
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Youmacon Website Font Can't Be Read On iPhone

Postby littlekoishii » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:58 pm

So, I'm currently trying to read a page on the main website. On my computer it always shows up fine, I can read everything because of the light-gray background. But whenever I try to view the website on my phone, the light-gray layer disappears and there's only the granite-looking dark gray gradient image, which faded to black, making almost all of the text on the page impossible to read. This happens every time I access the site with my phone.

I'm guessing there's nothing I can do myself to fix this, but I figured it was worth asking you all first. Is there a fix, or will I always be unable to view the site properly on my phone?
I'll be cosplaying as Eureka from Eureka Seven, and Inori Yuzuriha from Guilty Crown at Youma '12. <3 See you all there!!

Duo Monkey
First Anime: Gundam Wing

Re: Youmacon Website Font Can't Be Read On iPhone

Postby Duo Monkey » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:23 am

I can't see it on my iPad either. Who's idea was it to do black on black?

EdrickV
First Anime: Robotech

Postby EdrickV » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:56 am

Can't suggest a real fix, but I can think of a possible workaround if this issue is still happening: Try selecting all the text on the page, and it ought to show up in different colors. You could also try a different browser, if there are any other browsers for iPhones. (My Android phone doesn't seem to have this problem, but my phone is so low end that performance drops so low the OS pops up messages saying the browser has stopped responding.)
Youmacon 2012 Pictures: viewtopic.php?p=266173#p266173
Youmacon 2012 Costumes:
FF1 Red Mage, Pokemon Scientist Trainer from B/W
Pictures include Pokemon, Final Fantasy, CLAMP, photoshoots and Misc. pics

Katemein
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby Katemein » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:05 pm

I also experience this on my iPhone. If you look at your URL bar, you can select the 'Reader' option and view the pages in a text-only format in a new tab. It's not as pretty, but it's functional.

Doodleplex
Guest Relations Staff
First Anime: Gundam Wing

Postby Doodleplex » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:22 pm

EdrickV wrote:Can't suggest a real fix, but I can think of a possible workaround if this issue is still happening: Try selecting all the text on the page, and it ought to show up in different colors. You could also try a different browser, if there are any other browsers for iPhones. (My Android phone doesn't seem to have this problem, but my phone is so low end that performance drops so low the OS pops up messages saying the browser has stopped responding.)

I tried that actually on my iPad and it didn't work. Also good to know it wasn't just my iPad with the problem as I noticed it too this weekend when I was trying to get some info for another staffer and couldn't read most of the page. =x
Right idea, wrong direction.
+You can find me on DeviantART as Doodleplex+

Return to “Web Site”