Anime Maestros '15: Composers Behind the Best Music in Anime

Questions and info related to all attendee run panels and events

Moderators: MagiusT, Public Moderators

The Goatee
First Anime: Cowboy Bebop

Anime Maestros '15: Composers Behind the Best Music in Anime

Postby The Goatee » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:27 pm

Hi guys, I'm posting to spread the word about a panel I will hopefully be leading if the application is accepted called Anime Maestros. In this panel we will take a look at several different composers in the anime scene, and watch scenes from specific anime each composer lent their talents to as we dive into what makes each musician unique and amazing, and how important music is in the anime world. The panel will be 2 hours (1 and a half if needed) and will include scenes scored by Joe Hisaishi, Yoko Kanno, Hiroyuki Sawano, Yuki Kaijira, Tenmon and several more amazing composers! I am a freelance music composer myself, writing for independent games such as the Steam released Masochisia and independent animation projects including ARMSMasters, which will be showing content at the vendors hall!
I hope you guys attend, and please feel free to leave suggestions!
Last edited by The Goatee on Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Goatee

Re: Anime Maestros Panel 2015

Postby The Goatee » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:30 pm

Good news, the panel has been accepted by Youmacon!

The Goatee

Re: Anime Maestros Panel 2015

Postby The Goatee » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:09 am

If there are any suggestions, please feel free to leave links to scenes that may be great additions!

The Goatee

Re: Anime Maestros Panel 2015 ACCEPTED

Postby The Goatee » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:48 pm

Hey guys! Just posting a list of the composers being covered! If you have any suggestions please let me know!
(list not final)
-Joe Hasaishi
-Yoko Kanno
-Yuki Kaijira
-Hiroyuki Sawano
-TENMON
-Jun Maeda
-Yuuki Hayashi
-Shirou Sagisu
-Yoshihisa Hirano
-Naoki Sato

Some may covered a little more thoroughly than others (if it helps, the first four will be covered the most, the middle 4 will get decent time, and the last two will be hit briefly). This is only to spread things out more evenly between composers who have made bigger impacts. This is in no way saying your favorite composer sucks. If I had it my way this panel would be 6 hours!!! jk:p 2 hours is a generous amount of time, but there is so much material to talk about when it comes to anime music that chipping it down is still a huge chore.

This panel hopefully gets viewers interested enough to check out their work on their own, and this panel hopefully is a great start :) And no, this is not a dry "history lesson" panel. While we will go over a BRIEF background of each, we will be watching scenes n which the composers demonstrate their skills the best, and show the importance of music in building atmosphere and emotion in anime. I will keep which anime scenes will be shown a secret so you can look forward to it, but if you have a scene in mind for any of the composers above please feel free to leave a comment :)

The Goatee

Re: Anime Maestros Panel 2015 ACCEPTED

Postby The Goatee » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:04 pm

Hey guys, since the schedule is out I thought I'd tell you that Anime Maestros is at 11 on Sunday Nov. 1! It will be 2 hours of musical anime awesomeness at will be in the LaSelle room! I hope to see you there :)

The Goatee

Re: Anime Maestros '15: Composers Behind the Best Music in A

Postby The Goatee » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:05 pm

Here's a list of the anime that scenes will be taken from and talked about! I'm only going to list anime, and not particular scenes. You have to show up to find out what they are :) (Note: There will be SPOILERS, since some of the greatest musical scenes happen at some of the most pivotal moments)

My Neighbor Totoro
Spirited Away
Tale of Princess Kaguya
Escaflowne (movie and series)
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell SAC 2 Gig (OP)
Terror in Resonance
Noir
.hack Sign
Garden of Sinners (Title)
Fate Zero (OP)
Guilty Crown
Attack on Titan
Seven Deadly Sins
Aldnoah Zero
She and her Cat (Full Short)
Voices of a Distant Star
EF Tale of Memories
Little Busters
Angel Beats
Death Parade
Haikyuu!
Durarara!
Hitorubi no Mori e
Toradora
Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Were are going to get through as much as possible, since this is the first time I am doing this panel. We have 2 hours and it should be enough, but you never know with these kinds of panels. Everything at the top will be first, and following down the list will be further in the panel. Thanks guys, and I hope to see you there!

The Goatee

Return to “Attendee Run Events\Panels”