The Power of Choice : Morals in Gaming 2015 ACCEPTED

Questions and info related to all attendee run panels and events

Moderators: MagiusT, Public Moderators

Would you be interested in attending The Power of Choice:Morals in Gaming for Youmacon 2015?

Major Choice #1: Yes
100%
Major Choice #2: Maybe
No votes
Major Choice #3: No
No votes

Total votes: 7

First Anime: Pokemon

The Power of Choice : Morals in Gaming 2015 ACCEPTED

Postby avatarem » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:17 am

TIME: SUNDAY, 10AM-11AM
PLACE: COBO, Panel Room D 142 A-C
EVENT PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/events/1664853370457713/

Is there always a right answer? Join us in an educational and thought provoking adventure as we explore the morals and choices in which the player is forced to make a decision that may cause any gamer to question what exactly is “right” and what is “wrong”. Titles that may be discussed include Fallout3/New Vegas, Skyrim, Life is Strange, Tales of the Borderlands, Dragon Age Inquisition, The Wolf Among Us, the Persona/SMT series, Catherine, Danganronpa, Lost Dimension, Fire Emblem, Mass Effect, Beyond: Two Souls, Heavy Rain, Steins;Gate, and more! Does playing a game reflect real life decision making, or is it just for fun? Do morals reflect the type of world we live in? Can fictional decisions help us reflect on our own lives? We will analyze some of the most crucial decisions in gaming while making some decisions of our own through interactive audience based games, discussions, and debates!

If you are interested in attending a panel like this if accepted, please comment below, vote above, or send me a PM. Also, if you have any suggestions for games to discuss, please list them as well. We highly value and respect fan feedback and want to make this an unforgettable experience for all attendees.

Question:
>Should we focus more on JRPGS/anime style games (since this is an anime con lol)? Or is the list okay as it is?

Fate is in your hands.

Last edited by avatarem on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:40 am, edited 7 times in total.
Youmacon '16 Cosplays:
Anne Takamaki- Persona 5
Haru Okumura- Persona 5
Kiria Kuruno- Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Ana- Overwatch
Mia Fey- Ace Attorney
Asuka- Neon Genesis Evangelion
[/i]
Submitted Youma 2016 Panels: Ace Attorney, Persona

Mcquayglen
First Anime: Mcquay

Re: The Power of Choice : Morals in Gaming 2015

Postby Mcquayglen » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:13 am

What will be next?

Postby avatarem » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:47 pm

Hi there, thanks for responding. What did you mean by next?
~Em
Youmacon '16 Cosplays:
Anne Takamaki- Persona 5
Haru Okumura- Persona 5
Ana- Overwatch
Mia Fey- Ace Attorney
[/i]

blissa

Postby blissa » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:25 pm

I would love to attend this panel! If you don't have enough panelists then I would love to help you out! (I **** love steins; gate its my favorite video game/anime) email me at gledisbitraj@gmail.com
~Cosplaying: Enoshima Junko 50%~ Maizono Sayaka 0% (possibly)~ Cosplans: Komaru Naegi, Senbonzakura Miku, Tsuhiki Araragi, Faris nyan nyan

Postby avatarem » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:27 pm

blissa wrote:I would love to attend this panel! If you don't have enough panelists then I would love to help you out! (I **** love steins; gate its my favorite video game/anime) email me at gledisbitraj@gmail.com

That's awesome that you are interested :D My friends and I may/may not run it this year due to the possibility of running other panels, but we honestly want to because we love this topic and it seems to have gathered quite a bit of interest. Right now, we have enough panelists, but I will defintely let you know if we need more people for it! ^_^

(Steins;Gate is my fav anime and visual novel ever, I'm cosplaying Kurisu for Youmacon. and there might be a S;G panel run by awesome S;G cosplayers as well and I totally plan on attending if their panel doesn't collide with one of mine)
Youmacon '16 Cosplays:
Anne Takamaki- Persona 5
Haru Okumura- Persona 5
Ana- Overwatch
Mia Fey- Ace Attorney
[/i]

blissa

Postby blissa » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:32 pm

blissa wrote:I would love to attend this panel! If you don't have enough panelists then I would love to help you out! (I **** love steins; gate its my favorite video game/anime) email me at gledisbitraj@gmail.com

That's awesome that you are interested :D My friends and I may/may not run it this year due to the possibility of running other panels, but we honestly want to because we love this topic and it seems to have gathered quite a bit of interest. Right now, we have enough panelists, but I will defintely let you know if we need more people for it! ^_^

(Steins;Gate is my fav anime and visual novel ever, I'm cosplaying Kurisu for Youmacon. and there might be a S;G panel run by awesome S;G cosplayers as well and I totally plan on attending if their panel doesn't collide with one of mine)

I hope I get to see you at the con! At if there is a S;G panel i'll be the first one there! I'm Cosplaying Enoshima Junko from Dangan Ronpa! I really look forward to your panel! (if it happens!)
~Cosplaying: Enoshima Junko 50%~ Maizono Sayaka 0% (possibly)~ Cosplans: Komaru Naegi, Senbonzakura Miku, Tsuhiki Araragi, Faris nyan nyan

Postby avatarem » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:51 pm

blissa wrote:

I hope I get to see you at the con! At if there is a S;G panel i'll be the first one there! I'm Cosplaying Enoshima Junko from Dangan Ronpa! I really look forward to your panel! (if it happens!)

Aww definitely and thanks:) Junko is awesome haha DESPPPPAIR. Now that I think about it, Danganronpa REALLY fits in with Morals in Gaming, especially with the class trials. I mean there isn't flat out choices at most parts, but the fact of having your classmates turn on each is definitely morally questionable lol. I think we'll add it to the list to talk about. Now that I'm thinking about it, I really want to run this panel. The rest of our panels are very elaborate with events and this one would be a deep thought provoking and discussion-based panel, which is a different style. We just want to ensure we aren't summarizing anything too much, making sure it's interactive, lively, and not boring to sit at haha I'll keep everyone updated on the acceptance/rejection status and we are open to suggestions for what to talk about, audience games/events, etc.
Youmacon '16 Cosplays:
Anne Takamaki- Persona 5
Haru Okumura- Persona 5
Ana- Overwatch
Mia Fey- Ace Attorney
[/i]

Re: The Power of Choice : Morals in Gaming 2015 ACCEPTED

Postby avatarem » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:13 pm

THIS PANEL HAS BEEN ACCEPTED for Youmacon 2015~ Hope everyone who wants to can make it :D
Youmacon '16 Cosplays:
Anne Takamaki- Persona 5
Haru Okumura- Persona 5
Ana- Overwatch
Mia Fey- Ace Attorney
[/i]

Whoo859
First Anime: Dragonball Z

Postby Whoo859 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:13 am

I'll do my best to attend! :kirby:

Postby avatarem » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:03 am

Thanks everyone for coming to the Morals in Gaming panel! This panel was so much fun to run! I have a few questions for those who attended that would really help me out. Not all of these have to be answered, I, as well as the panelists, would greatly appreciate fan feedback.

1. Should this panel be brought back for Youmacon 2016? Why/why not?
2. Should this panel be submitted for Midwest Media, Shuto Con, or other local cons? Why/why not?
3. What games should we focus on? Should we ask the audience what games to talk about, then have them ready on a PowerPoint for discussion?
4. What do you expect out of a great panel? What did you expect from this panel?
5. Should a panel continue to run for more than 1-2 years?
6. Which is better: audience games about the show/game/etc. or educational analysis and discussion?
7. Any other thoughts about the panel/suggestions on audience games, events, discussions?
Youmacon '16 Cosplays:
Anne Takamaki- Persona 5
Haru Okumura- Persona 5
Ana- Overwatch
Mia Fey- Ace Attorney
[/i]

Return to “Attendee Run Events\Panels”