Avatar State: An Interactive Legend of Korra Panel 2015 (A)

Questions and info related to all attendee run panels and events

Moderators: MagiusT, Public Moderators

Would you be interested in attending our Legend of Korra Panel for Youmacon 2015? (ACCEPTED!)

Yes! I approve of bending. (Yes)
100%
Maybe. I'm a non bender. (Maybe)
No votes
No, I'm an equalist. (No)
No votes

Total votes: 1

First Anime: Pokemon

Avatar State: An Interactive Legend of Korra Panel 2015 (A)

Postby avatarem » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:59 pm

TIME: SATURDAY, 12PM-1:30PM
PLACE: REN CEN, LASALLE ROOM
EVENT PAGE:https://www.facebook.com/events/448971685289467/

Last year, my friends and I ran Avatar State: An Interactive Korra Panel and had some of the best fun and most priceless moments of Youmacon 2014. We laughed, cried, and made fools of ourselves in front of a large audience. We want to bring the panel back, and make it even bigger and better this time! This means more audience voice acting, new clips/edits, contests, games, and giveaways. We were thinking of adding things such as an educational insights/debates that explore the political/historical themes of Korra, 5 minute fanfics, Would You Rather?: Korra Edition, Korra Against Humanity, and of course, something involving that wonderful ending ;) Our goal is also to discuss the future of Korra through the release of new comics and other projects Bryan and Mike might be participating in. Let’s keep the fandom alive! Korra’s television series may be over, but our love will continue on as we celebrate one of the most progressive cartoons in the last decade.

Hopefully, this year, we will be able to get a larger panel room since we unfortunately and regrettably had to turn people away. If you attended last year, the Korra panelists would like to thank you and hope to see you again! It will not be the same panel as last year, since we have a lot more planned!

Update (8/6/15) Projected Panel Events:
>Character Impressions
>Fan Debate
>Would You Rather: Korra Edition
>Drawing Contest
>5 Minute Fanfics
>Korra Against Humanity (All Ages)
>How to Bend 101
>Avatar the Last Airbender segment
>Korrasami, the Ending, and the Future of Avatar and Korra
>Tribute to Korra

Please comment below, vote above, or send me a PM if interested in attending this panel. Feel free to add any suggestions you may have to further improve the Korra panel. We took input into consideration from last year's attendees, and are currently working on adding those while implementing new ideas of our own.

Last edited by avatarem on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:43 am, edited 6 times in total.
Youmacon '16 Cosplays:
Anne Takamaki- Persona 5
Haru Okumura- Persona 5
Kiria Kuruno- Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Ana- Overwatch
Mia Fey- Ace Attorney
Asuka- Neon Genesis Evangelion
[/i]
Submitted Youma 2016 Panels: Ace Attorney, Persona

Re: Avatar State 2.0: An Interactive Legend of Korra Panel 2

Postby avatarem » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:43 pm

This panel has been accepted for Youmacon 2015! DAY, time, and location TBA!
Youmacon '16 Cosplays:
Anne Takamaki- Persona 5
Haru Okumura- Persona 5
Ana- Overwatch
Mia Fey- Ace Attorney
[/i]

Re: Avatar State: An Interactive Legend of Korra Panel 2015

Postby avatarem » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:57 am

Thanks everyone for coming to the Korra panel! Despite the technical difficulties, it was still a great time.A special thanks to Olivia for her How to Bend section, it was so awesome! I'm kind of on the fence about continuing this panel for another year, and I have a few questions for those who attended that would really help me out. It just seemed a bit different from last year, and I'm unsure if it's because the series ended and had closure. Not all of these have to be answered, I would just greatly appreciate fan feedback.

1. Should this panel be brought back for Youmacon 2016? Why/why not?
2. Should this panel be submitted for Midwest Media, Shuto Con, or other local cons? Why/why not?
3. Should Character Impersonations be taken out of this panel and/or shortened?
4. What do you expect out of a great panel? What did you expect from this panel?
5. Should a panel continue to run for more than 1-2 years? If a series ended, is it not as fun to go to/more irrelevant?
6. Which is better: audience games about the show/game/etc. or educational analysis and discussion?
7. Any other thoughts about the panel/suggestions on audience games and events?
Youmacon '16 Cosplays:
Anne Takamaki- Persona 5
Haru Okumura- Persona 5
Ana- Overwatch
Mia Fey- Ace Attorney
[/i]

Return to “Attendee Run Events\Panels”