I bought obviously stolen artwork today. How and where can I help find justice for the artist?

Questions and info related to all attendee run panels and events

Moderators: MagiusT, Public Moderators

Revantine
First Anime: Inuyasha

I bought obviously stolen artwork today. How and where can I help find justice for the artist?

Postby Revantine » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:16 am

Admins please respond to this. The artwork was being sold for money and had the signature of the original artist erased. This happened on Saturday, in Hall D Cobo Center.

lunaslayer13
Operations Staff
First Anime: Ranma 1/2

Re: I bought obviously stolen artwork today. How and where can I help find justice for the artist?

Postby lunaslayer13 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:55 am

Are you still at con? if so I would recommend showing the artwork you purchase to a staff member onsite. There are artist alley and dealer room staff in the dealer room. Also there are convention operation/security rooms in both Cobo and Ren Cen.

I will past this information along but if you still on site and able to talk to a staffer member that it would be very helpful.

Thank you for bring this to our attention
"Why are you so crazy?"
Mario to Toad

Revantine
First Anime: Inuyasha

Re: I bought obviously stolen artwork today. How and where can I help find justice for the artist?

Postby Revantine » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:14 pm

I am no longer at the con, but I can tell you which vendor it was and which prints were stolen, and which print I bought as proof. I also messages the original artist that this happened.

lunaslayer13
Operations Staff
First Anime: Ranma 1/2

Postby lunaslayer13 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:25 pm

If you can PM me the information I will the pass the it on to the our con chairs and dealer room DH. Thank you and sorry you had that experience.
"Why are you so crazy?"

Mario to Toad

Return to “Attendee Run Events\Panels”