Youmacon cosplay shout outs 2014

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our tenth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Supreveio
First Anime: Steins;Gate

Re: Youmacon cosplay shout outs 2014

Postby Supreveio » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:21 pm

Shout outs to the Taunting Pyro from the TF2 panel.

Your costume was amazing, and I wish I could've gotten a photo of you, but you conga'd away before the panel ended.

MonaLisaSmiled
First Anime: Rockman

Postby MonaLisaSmiled » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:55 pm

dio_brando wrote:
MonaLisaSmiled wrote:Shoutout To:
- The adorable Kakyoin at the Jojo shoot, you're such cutie!!

!! Ahh!! That was me!! Thank you so much!! :,)

I hope you'll be Kakyoin again next year! I plan on being the egg baby. Lol
No matter where you are, you can always see the stars~Image

Emiko87

Postby Emiko87 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:25 pm

The people who were playing the pianos when I walked by them, I was a bit disappointed that I never found one free for me to play but you were all really good musicians! Go you guys!
q. how many kids with add does it take to change a lightbulb?
a. let's all go ride bikes!

...in America

Juvia Lockser 2014

ISOS_Duke
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: Tokyo Mew Mew/Pokemon

Postby ISOS_Duke » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:26 pm

Honestly, my shout out has to go to all the lovely people in the masquerade. I was Elsa in the walk on group and you guys were simply amazing! I'm normally an extrovert, but I guess I have cosplay shy-ness? You guys were just so awesome, welcoming and warm! It was so much fun talking and hanging out with you. I hope to see you guys next year, I know I'll be taking part in the masquerade again! You guys definitely helped me get out of my cosplay introvert personality a bit!
Cosplays
2015 - Mega Rayquaza (Pokemon)
2015 - Inquisitor Levallen (Dragon Age Inquisition)
2014 -Queen Elsa (Frozen)
2013 - Ruby (RWBY)

lemonade
First Anime: Digimon

Postby lemonade » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:34 pm

-Shoutout to the awesome Travis Touchdown on Saturday! You were the only other NMH cosplayer I saw all weekend, and really wish we could have gotten a photo together!
-To the lovely girl on the People Mover who complimented my pleating! Honestly, pleating is not my strong point, so to hear someone else complimenting them really made my day! (Also, I'm so sorry again for falling on you when the cart started moving >.<)
-Shoutout to all of the idol cosplayers! Let it be known that I completely fangirled over each and every one of you.
-To all of my fantastic roomies/con buddies! You all were so fun to be around, and it wouldn't have been the same without all 10 of you. <3
Last edited by lemonade on Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Youmacon 2015
Thurs: Eli Ayase (PJs) - Love Live!
Fri [Day]: Chiyo Sakura - Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Fri [Evening]: Asuka Langley (Halloween) - Evangelion
Sat: Takane Shijou (My Dear Vampire) - The iDOLM@STER
Sun: Yukirin the 6th (Halloween) - AKB0048

ECIII
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby ECIII » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:17 pm

Shout out to those awesome Daft PUnk guys who always brought the party. There was a guy cosplaying as Asuma who was pretty cool too. To that Asuna/John Cena couple i saw in the dealers room. I also am in love with the girl dressed as the Thousand Sunny. That Sebastian I saw at rencen also. They were all really cool. :clap:
Last edited by ECIII on Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

cosplayer2358
First Anime: Naruto

Postby cosplayer2358 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:52 am

Two main shoutouts that I wanted to say from this year.
First, two everyone who commented about me being asymmetrical when I was Death the Kid. Thank you all for making me cower into a ball, saying that I should be destroyed because anything that is asymmetrical is imperfect and must be destroyed! But seriously, thank you all for recognizing me!
Second, I wanted to make a shoutout to the Sweeney Todd in the elevator. I can't seem to remember which day, or if I was in Death the Kid, L, or my blue and white furry stuff, but you looked awesome, and I really wanted to get a picture, but was a bit too shy to ask.
2008-2010: L Lawliet from Death Note
2012: Allen Walker from D.Gray-man
2013: Either Crown Clown, from D.Gray-man, most of Friday and Saturday
2014: Death the Kid, L Lawliet

Amberspike-Sama
First Anime: .

Postby Amberspike-Sama » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:50 am

My shoutouts:

-- The Dark Knight Trilogy Scarecrow I encountered in the Dealer's room on Friday. He's my favorite character and you're the only one I personally encountered cosplaying him (though I think there was another running around on Saturday) and I appreciate you putting up with me having a moment. XD
-- The people I danced with at the Charity Ball, including swing dancer chick, the dude cosplaying the internet and fedora John. You were all friendly and great and helped me have a wonderful time.
-- The Elsa at the Charity Ball--you looked like you could have walked straight out of Disney World. Beautiful cosplay.
-- The supremely talented Jon Ashley, who worked patiently with me and took such beautiful photos. Thank you so much for your time and effort.
-- GOTHAM RIDDLER. I was so pumped to see cosplay from that show and you totally pulled it off. Nicely done, sir.
-- The DC cosplayer who helped me run the 3:30 shoot and told me I did a good job with it. Thanks for your aid and encouragement.
-- The seller in the dealer's room who gave my friend Brooke a print for free because you were so excited to see her cosplaying the Masked Man from Mother 3. You really made her day and were one of the reasons why this was her favorite Youmacon ever.
-- The chick cosplaying as a Na'vi from the Avatar movie. I only saw you briefly in the Ren but you looked amazing.
2015 lineup:
Friday: Poison Ivy (DC)
Saturday: Edward Nygma (Gotham)

YukhoChan
First Anime: Steins Gate

Postby YukhoChan » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:02 pm

Shout out to everyone who helped me in making this video! if you guys recognize yourself please feel free to ask;) If you guys don't remember, I'm the little Asian who were asking everyone to be in my video! Thanks for everyone who cooperated! feel free to tag anyone you might recognize in the video! Also if all possible, spread the word out of the video as many people helped to make this video come true! :)

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiCGrM1Lvj8
part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a36QPzK ... e=youtu.be

Inked_Paws
First Anime: Sailormoon

Postby Inked_Paws » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:18 pm

-shout out to the navi I saw at cobo I believe. she was simply amazing.
-to the sly cooper who was guarding the registration room. one of the best cosplays I had saw.
-to the guy that did a human version of kyuubi from madoka magika. I literally scream from another floor for him to stay in place so I could race down and take his picture and
hug him. :)

jonashley
First Anime: Attack on Titan

Postby jonashley » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:54 pm

Shout out back to Amberspike-Sama who had a flawless catwoman cosplay and was fully into doing a great shoot, couldnt have asked for a better cosplayer..When my DC group shoot ideas got wacky...she twerked. When I saw a detroit cop car was empty...she laid on it.

Shout out to all the other folks I shot on shoots as well as people just posing for quick shots at the con. You made it easy to make art and have some fun photos to toy with as the weather gets crappy.

Shout out to the unofficial DC Shoot people that stayed after the 1st 15 minutes and listened to my incredibly odd and funny ideas for shots...you guys are great.

Shout out to all the marvel people I missed because of a conflicting schedule...mark my words...next year I will take on that group shoot and it will rock.

Digipup
First Anime: Kingdom Hearts

Postby Digipup » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:49 pm

Amberspike-Sama wrote:...
-- The Elsa at the Charity Ball--you looked like you could have walked straight out of Disney World. Beautiful cosplay.

That was me! Haha thank you c: That was probably my favorite of all the cosplays I've done so far -- I may stick with it for a few more years. Thank you again c:
Youmacon 2011 - Suigintou (Rozen Maiden) Saturday
Youmacon 2012 - Nothing :c
Youmacon 2013 - Mizore Shirayuki (Rosario+Vampire) Friday/Saturday
Youmacon 2014 - Elsa (Frozen) Friday/Saturday

If you have any photos of me, do share!

MendItMinion
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby MendItMinion » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:40 am

Thank you for mistaking me for Heavy from TF2. I think there's some motivation there to de-chunk

Thank you for mistaking me for someone from High School of the Dead. Heard this more than once, but I'm not sure who I could have been.

BIG, HONEST thanks to the people who realized what my outfit actually was, and the 54 of you that allowed me to help with your costumes. Including an OC Jedi Archivist, one of the Asuna Yuuki's, Sailor (M)ercury, TT56, Cake and Ice King, Dark Pit, Naruto in Sage Transformation, Handsome Jack, and a trio from RWBY.

Not that I hope anything to go wrong with your amazing outfits, but I hope to be able to assist many more people in the future!

vashogun
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby vashogun » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:17 pm

A lot of really great interactions, but one in particular deserves a post.

The guy cosing as Kingpin was freaking amazing. Not only did he look straight out of the spider-man cartoon he did a great job acting in character when we had a little imprmptu skit sort of thing. Anyone else get his "business card"? Its little things like that that can make a cosplay special. One of the most memorable experinces this year was this dedicated cosplayer.

Azure Emperor
First Anime: Ronin Warriors

Postby Azure Emperor » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:36 am

To the two other guys besides myself dressed as Boris Airay from Alice in the Country of Hearts, you are made of win! It's rare enough to find actual guys who cosplay him, let alone three of us on the same day of the same con!

Props to us for being awesome, lol.

Return to “2014 Memories”