Youmacon cosplay shout outs 2014

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our tenth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

DemonBlackDragon
First Anime: Tenchi Muyo

Youmacon cosplay shout outs 2014

Postby DemonBlackDragon » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:09 am

Hey everyone, just wanted to put up a forum to give some people I met at Youma some love. If you have any shout outs aswell please let them out.

1. Everyone who was in my Discord Bean Boozled game. I recorded as much as I could before my cam died (Will be posting that on youtube as soon as I edit it) so a big shout out to them and the ones who played without being recorded.

2. My friends and roommates this year. Tara for her Fluttershy and AJ Lee, Aileen for her Derpy, Amu, Robin, Camp Crystal Lake victim, and Shampoo, Joe for his sweet Zoro and CM Punk, Blake Hammond for being Blake Hammond, and Sean (G-Fan) for being an awesome MUTO.

3. Patrick Seitz for taking pics with me in my Franky costume. Ian Sinclair for being as cool as ever, Tony Oliver for signing a ton of my Lupin stuff, and Brad Swaile for making me a drawing of Mousse.

4. The woman who let me cut in line to talk to Brad at the Autograph table, you rock.

5. All the One piece cosplaiers who I met as Franky. Loved hanging out

6. The Guy at the bar in the RenCen who was buying everyone shots. I forgot your name but hell you forgot yours after 7 shots of whiskey.

Thats all for now, Hope to see more next time.
Youmacon 2017 cosplay list:
Thursday: Male Ryoko with Female Tenchi (Tenchi Muyo)
Friday: The Joker with Harley Quinn (Batman)
Saturday:Hannyabal with Sadi (One Piece)
Sunday: Hugo with Posion (Streetfighter X Tekken)

Ichigo Ikane
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Re: Youmacon cosplay shout outs 2014

Postby Ichigo Ikane » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:27 am

-My Roomates for giving me a place to stay when I needed it most, ^^ Thank you!
-All 3 CM Punks I ran into this weekend, and the one who ran around with me!
-That John Cena who was such a good sport as I kept running into him like everywhere on Saturday
-Ty, my Neku who sat with me for three hours on Friday for the Dealer's Room as we bought each other xmas gifts!
-The Chrono Trigger group I saw running around together
-That amazing Sho from TWEWY that was in character when I greeted him. "'Sup, Pi-face?"
-That Misty walking around with her baby dressed as Togepi. Greatest Mom ever.
-The Daft Punk guys playing music everywhere
-All the Fire Emblem Awakening cosplays I saw (Viron, Chrom, Robin, Gaius, Emeryn...)
-That Kari with the plush Gatomon!
-All my amazing friends! (G-Fan with that Muto goin' on and the patience of a saint, Static Shock, Dave whom I thought I wasn't going to run into!)
-The Rocket Raccoon who was carrying a little Groot tree with him
-All the Star Lords. I was hooked on a feeling all weekend long. ^^
-The dude who was playing legit elevator music on the elevators as we went down to the main floors. XD
-The guy wearing the John Cena shirt I was heckling and was such a good sport about it.
-That adorable in-character Knives Chau!
-Johnny Yon Bosch for being so cool and letting my friend and I get a bonus picture signed for free! ^^
-There was a Mommy Blastoise walking around with her baby dressed as Squirtle. So cute!
-Every Titan I saw that was kind enough not to eat me.

I am sure there are way more. I will add more as they come!
Help my eggs out with clicks! ^^

Digipup
First Anime: Kingdom Hearts

Postby Digipup » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:59 am

- The Coronation Anna at the Charity Ball! I was the Elsa there, and it was so much fun to talk to and roleplay with her :) She was honestly the best Anna I saw; she had the face, voice, and persona down perfectly. It was fun seeing her on Saturday, too, with Hans and post-transformation Elsa -- I'll hassle my friend with the tablet to upload the photos he took of us.

- I'm not sure what character she was, but Friday night there was a girl (I think she said her name was Rebekah, but forgive me if I'm wrong) with scary orange contacts that helped me and my dad form a penguin circle around my mother while we waited, coatless, in the cold for the people mover. That was much appreciated!
Youmacon 2011 - Suigintou (Rozen Maiden) Saturday
Youmacon 2012 - Nothing :c
Youmacon 2013 - Mizore Shirayuki (Rosario+Vampire) Friday/Saturday
Youmacon 2014 - Elsa (Frozen) Friday/Saturday

If you have any photos of me, do share!

ledisko21
First Anime: Tokyo Mew Mew

Postby ledisko21 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:41 pm

Shout out to the Daft Punk that walked around with a boombox all day Saturday and "djed" the rave that night. I wanna marry both of you.

azel
First Anime: Naruto!! :o

Postby azel » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:35 pm

Shout out to my ask a nation panelists and to every single person who attended despite the early time!! I can't run this without any of you and I absolutely love you guys for it, as I said when I began crying at the end of the panel ><

Shout out to Lauren as always for doing everything she can with the schedule, I heard she got sick and was risking her health for it and it's really appreciated that she still tried to work with us.

Shout out to my friend Zach who really helped make the con for me when I was down or frustrated, and for introducing me to a lot of new friends.

Shout out to every Ryuko who dealt with me tackling them when I was in Mako and then proceeded to giggle with me or something similar, I love all of you with the passion of a thousand Makos ;w; <3
❤Host of Shutocon's Ask a Nation since 2012!❤

Shutocon 2015: [[The girl with the crutches]]
Armin - AoT ~ Casual!Nitori - Free! ~ Mako, Date!Mako - Kill La Kill

Youmacon 2015:
Toy Bonnie - FNAF ~ Haruko - FLCL ~ Mako - KLK ~ Fem!Prussia - Hetalia

Aeithia
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby Aeithia » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:54 pm

Ichigo Ikane wrote:-My Roomates for giving me a place to stay when I needed it most, ^^ Thank you!
-All 3 CM Punks I ran into this weekend, and the one who ran around with me!
-That John Cena who was such a good sport as I kept running into him like everywhere on Saturday
-Ty, my Neku who sat with me for three hours on Friday for the Dealer's Room as we bought each other xmas gifts!
-The Chrono Trigger group I saw running around together
-That amazing Sho from TWEWY that was in character when I greeted him. "'Sup, Pi-face?"
-That Misty walking around with her baby dressed as Togepi. Greatest Mom ever.
-The Daft Punk guys playing music everywhere
-All the Fire Emblem Awakening cosplays I saw (Viron, Chrom, Robin, Gaius, Emeryn...)
-That Kari with the plush Gatomon!
-All my amazing friends! (G-Fan with that Muto goin' on and the patience of a saint, Static Shock, Dave whom I thought I wasn't going to run into!)
-The Rocket Raccoon who was carrying a little Groot tree with him
-All the Star Lords. I was hooked on a feeling all weekend long. ^^
-The dude who was playing legit elevator music on the elevators as we went down to the main floors. XD
-The guy wearing the John Cena shirt I was heckling and was such a good sport about it.
-That adorable in-character Knives Chau!
-Johnny Yon Bosch for being so cool and letting my friend and I get a bonus picture signed for free! ^^
-There was a Mommy Blastoise walking around with her baby dressed as Squirtle. So cute!
-Every Titan I saw that was kind enough not to eat me.

I am sure there are way more. I will add more as they come!

The elevator music guy! I was in such a bad mood but I couldn't help but try not to smile lol.

2016 Lineup:
Daenerys Targaryen (Game of Thrones)
Babydoll (Sucker Punch)
Sailor Venus (Sailor Moon)
Harley Quinn (Suicide Squad)

chibichobit
First Anime: Inuyasha

Postby chibichobit » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:15 pm

Shoutout to the girl in the purple magical-girl-looking cosplay that danced with the Idol groups! (And shoutout to the idol groups, but that doesn't count as a cosplay shoutout lol.)

Shoutout to the Rocket cosplayer holding onto a baby Groot!

And shoutout to the King Arthur and coconut clopping guy for making my day. I've been going to this con for too many years to have never seen that before.

DanteIsAGenius
First Anime: Blue's Clues (it IS an animation)

Postby DanteIsAGenius » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:27 pm

I want to shout out to a few people who really just made my weekend:

1)To the girl who was dressed as Suzuna Taki about 2 years ago (and everyone else who recognized our cosplays): My sister and I were so happy that you recognized our Devil Bat Cheerleader outfits! There aren't many Devil Bats out there, so it was so great to get to meet the few of you who were able to pinpoint who we were. Maybe we'll have to form to as a group sometime...???

2) To the Scorpion who had that really long conversation with Trish: I want to thank you for chatting with my sister (Trish), because I think she was getting a bit bored with the con until then. She's not into Anime, and was mostly dragged to Youma because I begged her to go; I think she felt a bit out of place! With your costume being so cool and all, I think she felt pretty privileged! Thank you for brightening her up!

3) To the Misa Amane who "Killed me": This is the second year I've seen you at Youmacon, and each time you have written a little Death Note in your book for me. Thank you for at least letting me kill Dante this year before Trish kills me.... Haha! Great cosplay though!

4) To the girl dressed as Toothless with the retractable wings: Your costume was adorable! And... I think I might know you???

5) To the Vergil who let me borrow his sword: Thank you for letting me borrow your sword for that video, that was super nice of you! Let's just hope the camera man can edit out my few-too-many nods...I'm such a dummy!!!! And thanks for taking pictures with me too, I was really glad that I found you again!

6) To all of the Deadpools: What would Youmacon be without you all???

7) To all of the Dantes and other Devil May Cry Cosplayers: I only got a picture with a few of you (thanks!) but you were all great... Stay stylish :wink:

8 ) To Lady Loki: I totally loved your costume! Additionally, I saw you on Friday and Saturday, and both days you seemed so cheerful. Every time I saw you, I'm pretty sure you were smiling or laughing, or something along those lines. You looked like you were really having fun, and that's what I feel that cosplay is all about. So I just wanted to give you a Shout Out for being the happiest person I saw at Youmacon!

9) To Everybody Else: My memory sucks... So I can't remember everyone. But thank you all for cosplaying. Youmacon is the one event that I look forward too all year, and the more people who participate, the better! Thank you everyone for making it fun!! :love:
Find this Crazy "Devil May Cry-Oholic" on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAOT82X5xTxP98RQJ50r_MQ

Fem! Dante: DMC3 2012-2013
Moka: Rosario+Vampire 2013
Fem! Hiruma: Eyeshield 21 2014
"Lady Vergil": DMC3 2014-2015
Lady: DMC3 2015

AliceMclean2203
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby AliceMclean2203 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:45 pm

DanteIsAGenius wrote:4) To the girl dressed as Toothless with the retractable wings: Your costume was adorable! And... I think I might know you???

Omg thank you so much..
Do I know you? I know you liked my cosplay page. I love your Vergil one of these days I want to get a picture of you and I as Dante and Vergil I would love it.

MonaLisaSmiled
First Anime: Rockman

Postby MonaLisaSmiled » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:56 pm

Shoutout To:

-All the lovely people at the Jojo shoot, your joyful spirits and silly jokes made my day better

-My Aerith's Cloud for helping me out with my badge, you are a gentleman and a scholar

-The Catbus guy. That was seriously awesome man

- DJ RX-78, all that nostalgia in your set was magical, dude. :love:

- The adorable Kakyoin at the Jojo shoot, you're such cutie!!

-JYB for letting me get a selfie and video!

- Everyone who frequented the Rock band station

-All the people who joined in the karaoke session Thursday night (?). You guys were heavenly.

-The girl who sung the Rock Horror Picture Show songs with me. Glad to meet another fan of the series.

-Ken Pontac for being the coolest and also a ninja. Lol

-All the staff for busting their butts to put together another awesome con

- All the guest for being lovlies

- And last but not least, Morgan for making this dream of his a reality and allowing all of us the chance to hang out and have fun!
No matter where you are, you can always see the stars~Image

DanteIsAGenius
First Anime: Blue's Clues (it IS an animation)

Postby DanteIsAGenius » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:00 pm

Omg thank you so much..
Do I know you? I know you liked my cosplay page. I love your Vergil one of these days I want to get a picture of you and I as Dante and Vergil I would love it.

If you are who I think you are, I stop by your workplace quite often...usually wearing one of many wigs...Haha! Well, we'll see! But anyways, no problem! And thank you! That would be AWESOME to do a photoshoot together! Maybe someday we'll have to do just that!
Find this Crazy "Devil May Cry-Oholic" on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAOT82X5xTxP98RQJ50r_MQ

Fem! Dante: DMC3 2012-2013
Moka: Rosario+Vampire 2013
Fem! Hiruma: Eyeshield 21 2014
"Lady Vergil": DMC3 2014-2015
Lady: DMC3 2015

Ranma344
First Anime: Ranma 1/2

Postby Ranma344 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:06 pm

Howdy! So, I should start this off by saying that this was the first time at a con I had cosplayed something I felt may actually be recognizable, and was amazed at how many people came up to me. I was Crocodile, from One Piece, with the giant fur coat, and the giant hook. So I'd like to give a shout out to everyone who came up to me and complimented me on my cosplay, and/or took my photo. I'm a bit awkward with social situations, insecurities and such, so it made me feel really good to have that kind of recognition for once at a con.

For a few personalized shout outs:

Franky, dude, that costume was legit. I was sorry when I heard about your shoulder malfunction. But your in character taunts made my day lol.

The two dressed as Zoro and Nami that I encountered many times, you were very nice, and your costumes were really well done.

The Dressrosa arc Sanji and Bepo that were with me in line for the One Piece panel, as well as everyone else who was there, talking with yall made time fly before that panel, and it was like I wasn't even in a line.

Finally, whoever dressed as the Thousand Sunny... You are just amazing lol.

nikkyvelvet
First Anime: sailor moon

Postby nikkyvelvet » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:20 pm

i want to make a shout out to the tamaki who fangirled when i gave her a pack of commoners coffee , bray wyatt for having a dead on bray cosplay , the guy dressed as john cena who i wanted to get a pic with really bad , the woman who shouted hey there's madonna when i was in line for registration friday , the cool dude dressed as pit who i chatted with while waiting in the autograph line saturday evening , everyone who complimented me on my rave outfit :) , all the people that i hugged , glomped , and chatted with while waiting in line during registration you guys all rock :clap:
youmacon 2015
friday- genderbent sting/formal genderbent sting
saturday-sunday genderbent scott steiner

2016 lineup

rose quartz

himouto umaru-chan
mystery wwe themed genderbent cosplay :wink:

dio_brando
First Anime: Shugo Chara

Postby dio_brando » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:09 pm

MonaLisaSmiled wrote:Shoutout To:
- The adorable Kakyoin at the Jojo shoot, you're such cutie!!

!! Ahh!! That was me!! Thank you so much!! :,)

AliceMclean2203
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby AliceMclean2203 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:06 pm

DanteIsAGenius wrote: If you are who I think you are, I stop by your workplace quite often...usually wearing one of many wigs...Haha! Well, we'll see! But anyways, no problem! And thank you! That would be AWESOME to do a photoshoot together! Maybe someday we'll have to do just that!

No sorry I don't know you I'm self employed and work at my house at the moment. Sorry bout that.

Return to “2014 Memories”