Missed Connections 2014

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our tenth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Taiju
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: Inuyasha

Re: Missed Connections 2014

Postby Taiju » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:04 pm

To the female Ash I was chilling with in the Autograph line for Steve Blum on Saturday night, thanks. It definitely made the wait go by quicker, and if you wanna talk some more or something, message me.
Last edited by Taiju on Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kuroneko
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby Kuroneko » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:53 pm

I cosplayed Meruru from Atelier Meruru and I was talking to an Aurora from Sleeping Beauty who entered the masquerade. I would have liked to have gotten her Facebook or something!

Kaskuta
First Anime: DBZ

Postby Kaskuta » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:48 pm

I'm look for a girl named cali i danced with in the rave she was wearing a orange sports bra and a skirt i danced with her till the rave ended..
i wish i wasn't drunk so i could of talk to her more. :( i hope i find her.
Last edited by Kaskuta on Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

stand alone
First Anime: Cowboy Bebop

Postby stand alone » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:31 pm

the girl that cosplayed elizabeth from persona;
hi.

cosplayer2358
First Anime: Naruto

Postby cosplayer2358 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:31 am

Time for the long list/explanation of what I was each day for people to maybe find me XD
Thursday: Death the Kid most of the time I was there.
Friday: L Lawliet during the day, and then later that night, I changed into white and black trip pants, a black shirt with a battery that lit up to the surrounding noise, with blue and white tail, ears, and paw warmers, wearing a "Free hugs from a lonely husky furry" sign.
Saturday: Death the Kid for most of the day, until I changed into my rave stuff, which consisted of the white and black trip pants again, white fishnet shirt, and all of my white and blue furry stuff (tail, ears, paw warmers), plus a blue light up biohazard circuit collar and blue light up visor.
Sunday: Death the Kid the entire time. This time, I had a Liz with me, so I only had one gun the entire time, along with a lightsaber.
Message me on here if you were looking for me :3
2008-2010: L Lawliet from Death Note
2012: Allen Walker from D.Gray-man
2013: Either Crown Clown, from D.Gray-man, most of Friday and Saturday
2014: Death the Kid, L Lawliet

datzrandum
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby datzrandum » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:24 am

This was my second time ever going to a convention and I have to say, it was a blast! Not sure if anybody noticed me but I was the silly dude who was dancing around with a stereo for a head!

Time Lady Katie
First Anime: Sailor Moon <3

Postby Time Lady Katie » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:54 am

A truly bizarre thing happened to me: I have the business card of a video editor named Jeff. I remember him telling me the website on it is defunct but the email address still worked. For the life of me I can't remember what I was supposed to email him, though!

Before you ask, yes I am going to send him an email to ask, I just thought the story was amusing.
Youma 2014 Cosplays:
Raine, Tales of Symphonia
Chitose, YuruYuri
And Others

Host of: Lily Girls, Talk Yuri to Me, Atelier Juu and Katie

BigMac9632
First Anime: Fooly Cooly aka Furi Kuri aka FLCL

Postby BigMac9632 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:17 pm

Me and my friend were trying to get to the game room Saturday night, the escalators were broken so we had to make our way to the elevators, we ran with this girl, I talked to her for a little bit as we walked and she seemed like a really cool person. She had a beautiful accent, and said she lived in Greenland and Great Britain. I know her first name started with an A. I even warned her that I'd forget it, which is funny. xD I'd like to just chat more, keep a new friend :p
[center]2010 - none :( [I was lame and broke D:]
2011 - Itachi Uchiha [Naruto]
2012 - Bardroy [Black Butler]
2013 - Rivet [OC]
2014 Cosplays

Steampunk OC "Rivet" Revamp {My Mind}
Progress -75%

Not sure yet about more.

drew.spillers
First Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist, Soul Eater

Postby drew.spillers » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:12 pm

Heyo! I wasn't in cosplay at all and this was my first con and I had a lot of fun, I was alone Thursday and early Friday, but after that I was with an Edward Elric (who drank his milk) and had a spear until he broke it Saturday, and on Saturday was with a female character from Naruto (don't know which one because I don't watch Naruto) and she gave me Pikachu ears and a Pikachu tail to wear xD But I played Ninja with a bunch of people on Friday outside of the arcade, and then on Saturday and Sunday my crew started a few more Ninja games outside the arcade, I was that one player who would jump all over the playing area and would routinely make it to the final two and/or win xD If any of you met me, I would love to keep in contact!

Chuck?
First Anime: Gurren Lagann

Postby Chuck? » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:04 pm

Hello, girl-at-rave-wearing-yellow-fishnet-top-who-was-taller-than-me, I hope you see this. This is dude-with-grey-hoodie-and-long-hair-you-danced-with, and I was wondering, we both seemed to enjoy ourselves, would you possibly want to meet up sometime? I fully understand if you don't, but I would appreciate receiving a messaging saying no, if only to know that you saw this.

nerdomanytrades
First Anime: Fruits Basket

Postby nerdomanytrades » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:00 pm

I was the girl in the purple crop-top, green skirt, and utility belt at the rave on Saturday. You were the guy from (I think?) Ashland, Ohio who was amused by my over sized glowstick. What's up?

Allison Hightopp
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby Allison Hightopp » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:17 am

Greetings! I'm looking for some people that I met at the Saturday night rave. We danced for quite awhile and then we all went to tabletop, where we proceeded played games for the entire night till around 8 a.m. I believe some of their names were Michael, Carl, and Jack (John). Also if there is anyone looking for me I was Suiseiseki from Rozen Maiden on Friday and Saturday.

kyuryu
First Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist

Postby kyuryu » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:23 pm

I'm looking for two people ^_^

One was Saturday Morning (I think, may have been afternoon) waiting to get our cosplay judged. I was dressed as either Stocking(morning) or Anna (afternoon) and we had a conversation about the props you made for your costume (layered plexiglass I believe?)

The other was on Sunday, we met at the Hetalia photoshoot. I'm looking for one of the Ivan/Russia cosplayers. I was in a bit of a rush the last time we met and didn't get to stop to exchange info. I was the only Anya/Fem!russia that was at the photoshoot. If you are the Ivan I'm looking for you would know, you requested a dancing pic of Ivan/Anya. I figured I would toss this out there in case you or someone you know sees is so we can get in contact XD. If not I'll just drag out my Anya again next year on Sunday and find you.

Digipup
First Anime: Kingdom Hearts

Postby Digipup » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:31 pm

Allison Hightopp wrote:Greetings! I'm looking for some people that I met at the Saturday night rave. We danced for quite awhile and then we all went to tabletop, where we proceeded played games for the entire night till around 8 a.m. I believe some of their names were Michael, Carl, and Jack (John). Also if there is anyone looking for me I was Suiseiseki from Rozen Maiden on Friday and Saturday.

Weren't you at the Charity Ball? I remember seeing a Suiseiseki at one point, but I forget where. Anyway, that was a really good cosplay <3 I cosplayed Suigintou at the first convention I ever went to (which, incidentally, was Youmacon 2011) and it always makes me really happy when I see Rozen Maiden characters. It's such an obscure series but I really liked it c: Anyway, hi! You looked good.
Youmacon 2011 - Suigintou (Rozen Maiden) Saturday
Youmacon 2012 - Nothing :c
Youmacon 2013 - Mizore Shirayuki (Rosario+Vampire) Friday/Saturday
Youmacon 2014 - Elsa (Frozen) Friday/Saturday

If you have any photos of me, do share!

touchmyostrich
First Anime: Naruto

Postby touchmyostrich » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:55 pm

There was a guy at the saturday night rave that asked for my name but I forgot to ask for his >_< Regretting it pretty hardcore, tbh

Return to “2014 Memories”