Regrets of Youmacon 2013?

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our ninth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Ashura09
First Anime: Soul Eater

Regrets of Youmacon 2013?

Postby Ashura09 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:32 pm

We've all had regrets post-convention, what are yours this year?

I'd have to say my regrets would be not taking more pictures and not really making many new friends at the convention. Oh, and not being able to buy much this year due to money issues...I'm too used to spending a ton of money on anime merchandise XD

ISOS_Duke
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: Tokyo Mew Mew/Pokemon

Re: Regrets of Youmacon 2013?

Postby ISOS_Duke » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:41 pm

I FORGOT MY CAMERA CHARGER and I didn't know it was dead when I packed it T-T So I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I would have liked to as well.

I was also stressing a bit with trying to actually make things and it just seemed to drag the weekend down a little thinking back on it. I missed a lot of awesome costumes and for those people that I did talk to, I almost feel like I really did miss out because I'm not really used to talking to convention people yet (only my 2nd convention).

Hopefully next year will be more smooth seeing as I plan to not be working on my costume for this year up until we leave and in the hotel. I think that really played a part in the stress and not being able to really connect with the con.
Cosplays
2015 - Mega Rayquaza (Pokemon)
2015 - Inquisitor Levallen (Dragon Age Inquisition)
2014 -Queen Elsa (Frozen)
2013 - Ruby (RWBY)

ladysphinx07
First Anime: Tenchi Muyo

Postby ladysphinx07 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:46 pm

I regret not walking around Cobo a little bit more. I only went for the Dealer's Room once on Saturday and that's it! I guess I should have ventured out of the Ren Cen a little bit more in general...

heavens-punisher
First Anime: either Voltron or Sailor moon

Postby heavens-punisher » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:54 pm

losing my green lantern ring D: actually it got swiped when i was eating. a group of people walked past me and there was some comotion and when i turned to pick up my trash it was gone. not a real big deal since i can get another for $7 but still

Jennifer337
First Anime: Code Geass

Postby Jennifer337 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:47 pm

I regret:

- Not cosplaying on Saturday. I brought two cosplays to the con and planned to cosplay both Friday and Saturday for the first time (usually I only cosplay on one day), but I was too tired Saturday morning to bother dealing with a costume.
- Not talking to people more. I chatted here and there but as usual, I didn't make any new friends. I also spotted a lot of people I recognized from tumblr but didn't have the guts to say hello to them because I was pretty sure they wouldn't know who I was.
- Not playing Super Smash Bros. with my friend and her group when invited to. It was late at night and I had planned to just hang out in one of the video rooms before getting some sleep, but then the room I planned to go to had been changed (the Funimation video room was changed to Staff Picks?) so none of the things I planned on watching were actually showing. So I wish I had gone with them instead, because I ended up just going back to my room and not doing anything.
- Not asking anyone for their picture. I took TONS of photos (around 600), but the only cosplay photos I have are from the photoshoots I went to, meaning only Attack on Titan and Final Fantasy.
Cosplays
2010: Reno (Final Fantasy VII)
2012 + 2013: Izaya Orihara (Durarara!!)

konanAka
First Anime: Naruto

Postby konanAka » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:31 pm

I regret not going to more events, like Saturday I was only able to make it to two events...
I also regret not getting the names of some people and not getting to know more people
Also regret not buying anything in the dealers room...
I regret on missing out on all those previous years of youmacon since this was my first con ever :(

cosplayer2358

Postby cosplayer2358 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:31 pm

I regret a few things, unfortunately.

1. I regret not taking as many pictures. I was really busy with other people taking pictures of me in my cosplay that I didn't get as many pictures of other people.

2. I regret not talking to as many new people. I did get a chance to meet a few people, but I still wish I was able to explore and meet more people.

3. I regret not taking more time to just walk around and was too focused on getting to panels and stuff, even though I didn't get to many panels.

4. I also regret sticking with one group almost the entire time. I missed out on some of my old friends because I just stuck with one group.
2008-2010: L Lawliet from Death Note
2012: Allen Walker from D.Gray-man
2013: Either Crown Clown, from D.Gray-man, most of Friday and Saturday
2014: Death the Kid, L Lawliet

TaroMaster4
First Anime: Dragon Ball Z

Postby TaroMaster4 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:41 pm

That's an easy one I regret being kicked out of the convention right after the Teamfourstar 18+ panel.

Apparently they hate me for some reason and reported me to security and they not only took my badge away but neglected to tell me why.

My Dad and I had to investigate to get any actual answers and apparently they were about to have a restraining order on me and they literally have it in their contract that if I am there they don't want to be there so i have to be ejected.

You know I find this rather abusive for them to hate on me just for being a fan of them. I know i'm like 6 feet tall and about 400 pounds but that doesn't take away from the fact they made my dad and I waste time and money on this!

I pestered them a lot when i was younger and i said i was sorry as I got older for my mistakes but do they forgive me? Nope! they throw this in my face! So my real regret here besides being thrown out and almost getting the police involved, I would have to say i regret not reporting them for abusive behavior!

feuerwerke
First Anime: Tenchi Muyo

Postby feuerwerke » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:42 pm

Not double checking harder to make sure my shoes for my cosplay got packed. =<.

OathkeeperSora
First Anime: Elemental Gelade

Postby OathkeeperSora » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:57 pm

I came alone because not many people are good for this near me. lol. Only regret is not getting phone numbers, emails, or etc. for those i hung out with on occasion. if you met me (Sora with Oathkeeper Keyblade) I would love to make some new friends, penpals, and the like. XD
Oathkeeper Cosplays
2013 Sora (Kingdom Hearts II)
2014 Plans
Pirate Sora (in forms of Valor, Wisdom, Master, and Final)
Cyrus Wolfe (Protagonist of my book series)

Dark_Sage
First Anime: Desu Desu Desu

Postby Dark_Sage » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:25 pm

TaroMaster4 wrote:That's an easy one I regret being kicked out of the convention right after the Teamfourstar 18+ panel.

Apparently they hate me for some reason and reported me to security and they not only took my badge away but neglected to tell me why.

My Dad and I had to investigate to get any actual answers and apparently they were about to have a restraining order on me and they literally have it in their contract that if I am there they don't want to be there so i have to be ejected.

You know I find this rather abusive for them to hate on me just for being a fan of them. I know i'm like 6 feet tall and about 400 pounds but that doesn't take away from the fact they made my dad and I waste time and money on this!

I pestered them a lot when i was younger and i said i was sorry as I got older for my mistakes but do they forgive me? Nope! they throw this in my face! So my real regret here besides being thrown out and almost getting the police involved, I would have to say i regret not reporting them for abusive behavior!

Sounds like you need to learn when to take a hint, crazy-kun.

Goldeneyeuro
First Anime: Wolf's Rain

Postby Goldeneyeuro » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:32 pm

Regrets? I had some...

Being stressed out over a lot all the time and as a result rushing too much while trying to get pictures, so what I got most of the time I felt like wasn't my best work. Oh, and not using the bounce card more on my hotshoe flash. Stress also caused me to lose some possessions on the People Mover which thankfully were found later.
Half-regret not being able to attend the Vocaloid photoshoot- I would have had to run out in the middle of it to get to the Tiger and Bunny panel and change so...
Not asking more people for their pictures and just taking some time to relax, which segues into my next regret...
Planning out WAY too much stuff to do- I had a tight schedule which I thought I could handle. Coordinate with... hotel roommates, another small group of friends who carpooled with me, a group of con friends whom I travelled all the way to MI for just to see, new friends whom I met, and an online friend I travelled all the way to MI just to meet... along with my photoshoot and panel schedule. Yeah. The small time slots I built in were used up by traveling and I didn't anticipate having to also put out so many fires that popped up in the meanwhile.
Also regret not being able to hang out with a certain group of friends some more. I did see them and get a chance to talk, but it was still a "shoehorn time in to talk in between events we want to go to, sorry I'm running off in the middle of our conversation since I see something shiny I want to investigate" conversation at times.
http://www.flickr.com/Goldeneyeuro

Never be average- Me

When life has no purpose, you're dead already- Kiba, Wolf's Rain

2K15 cosplay:
Lavi, 2nd outfit, D. Gray Man
Light Yagami, Death Note
Munakata Reisi, K Project
Tsunashi Takuto, Star Driver

underourcontrol

Postby underourcontrol » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:19 am

I honestly regret not getting my cosplay done in time for the event, I was really sad when I saw Shizuo cosplayers and I didn't have anything.
And the cosplay I did have I forgot to bring part of the entire thing so ended up going as a back up character no one knew about unless they read 'Another Note'

I also regret not bringing my friend Mello with me.
-sigh-
So many regrets so little time.
:rd:
That kills people....

Sally
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby Sally » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:51 am

I sort of regret not making it to the Sailor Moon panel. I say sort of because that time was spent with a friend my husband and I only see at the con, I just wish that there was a way to do both things lol. I love Sailor Moon and I have never even been to a Sailor Moon panel at Youmacon. Sad. Maybe next year.

I regret not bringing any of my own food this year. Eating out during the whole con is not ideal to me.

I also regret not leaving home sooner to get to the con sooner. Which means that I regret not packing anything on Wednesday night lol.

Noah
First Anime: dbz

Postby Noah » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:26 pm

I saw the girl I liked from school i was having lunch and I didn't walk up to her when she waved to me. That sociology class has stopped meeting on campus. Remainder of classes are online. I think she dropped the class too. I don't think i'll ever cross paths with her again..

And I didn't catch up with a lot of my old friends even though I ran into a lot of them. Saw some of my best buddies from high school.

Return to “2013 Memories”