Regrets of Youmacon 2013?

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our ninth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

cheezcb
First Anime: dbz

Re: Regrets of Youmacon 2013?

Postby cheezcb » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:51 pm

I wish I had taken more pictures. I always had my phone on me, but never stopped people for pictures.

I wish I could've talked to some people/made some friends. I was in the game room a lot by myself, but I'm too shy to just talk to people. Still had a lot of fun though.

TheMoonGetsMe
First Anime: Dragon Ball Z

Postby TheMoonGetsMe » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:14 pm

I regret not dressing up as slutty as I used to.

I used to slut it up just enough (never too much) to get a lot of pictures taken. Every costume had either a bare midriff or some thigh showing, or I just looked pretty enough to get a lot of attention.

I took it a whole different route this year, and I have to say that I regret the result.

So far I've found ONE picture of myself.

ONE.

Back in the day, when I'd slut it up, TONS!

And let me tell you... I found all kinds of pictures of the slutty black Morrigan, and the slutty white chick dressed in a fur bikini playing WoW and the slutty rave pikachu girl, among many other slutty girls. And I'm not mad. I should have been skankin' it up next to you.

But for the first time... I feel cheated. I feel like this young skanks are getting all the glory and taking away valuable camera shots from the rest of us. Where's my skanky glory? I used to rock that glory hole. Next time... I'm gonna rock some green hot pants and put purple duct tape on my nipples. Then I'll put on a red wig and call myself Ariel.

And you're not going to believe how many sites I'm gonna pop up on. I might even grind on a fork. Call it art.

You're welcome, future con goers.

ISOS_Duke
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: Tokyo Mew Mew/Pokemon

Postby ISOS_Duke » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:21 pm

TheMoonGetsMe wrote:I regret not dressing up as slutty as I used to.

I used to slut it up just enough (never too much) to get a lot of pictures taken. Every costume had either a bare midriff or some thigh showing, or I just looked pretty enough to get a lot of attention.

I took it a whole different route this year, and I have to say that I regret the result.

So far I've found ONE picture of myself.

ONE.

Back in the day, when I'd slut it up, TONS!

And let me tell you... I found all kinds of pictures of the slutty black Morrigan, and the slutty white chick dressed in a fur bikini playing WoW and the slutty rave pikachu girl, among many other slutty girls. And I'm not mad. I should have been skankin' it up next to you.

But for the first time... I feel cheated. I feel like this young skanks are getting all the glory and taking away valuable camera shots from the rest of us. Where's my skanky glory? I used to rock that glory hole. Next time... I'm gonna rock some green hot pants and put purple duct tape on my nipples. Then I'll put on a red wig and call myself Ariel.

And you're not going to believe how many sites I'm gonna pop up on. I might even grind on a fork. Call it art.

You're welcome, future con goers.

Just kinda throwing this out there... But think about why some people may be taking those pictures >.>

To each their own though, revealing costumes done right can still be nice (RPG woman armor for the win XP)
Cosplays
2015 - Mega Rayquaza (Pokemon)
2015 - Inquisitor Levallen (Dragon Age Inquisition)
2014 -Queen Elsa (Frozen)
2013 - Ruby (RWBY)

TheMoonGetsMe

Postby TheMoonGetsMe » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:36 pm

ISOS_Duke wrote:Just kinda throwing this out there... But think about why some people may be taking those pictures >.>

I know why they're taking them.

That's what makes it so rewarding.

A typed winky face doesn't quite convey the level creep I am trying to get, but I'll give it a shot. ;)

ray287
First Anime: Zoids

Postby ray287 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:07 am

TheMoonGetsMe wrote:
ISOS_Duke wrote:Just kinda throwing this out there... But think about why some people may be taking those pictures >.>

I know why they're taking them.

That's what makes it so rewarding.

A typed winky face doesn't quite convey the level creep I am trying to get, but I'll give it a shot. ;)

I think you are looking for something like this

TheMoonGetsMe

Postby TheMoonGetsMe » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:21 am

ray287 wrote:chose perfect image

Yes; exactly.

Coronetta
First Anime: Outlaw Star

Postby Coronetta » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:54 am

Not getting many pictures once again! Granted I got a lot more than last year. It's only my 2nd year so I'm still kind of in that "taking it all in" phase I guess..

Not making it to the panels I wanted to. NOT ONE. Just...horrible timing with the people mover on my part and mis-reading times.

Not making friends. Well I made a couple but one was my roommate and the other was after I had some liquid courage. I'm just bad at talking to people.

I kind of wanted to go to the charity ball but I'd rather have a date. MY husband decided he wanted to divorce me a few weeks before con so obviously nothings finalized yet. Couldn't ask him to go (not that he would anyway), couldn't really ask someone else either. Actually that whole situation put a damper on my entire con anyway (as much as I tried to not let that happen)...

Don't get me wrong, I still had fun! Next year should be better.
2013 Cosplays:
Lucca from Chrono Tigger
Midna (imp form) from Zelda: Twilight princess
WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE?

My 2013 Album: https://www.facebook.com/crystal.mutsch ... 894&type=3

Mike12833
First Anime: D. N. Angel

Postby Mike12833 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:24 am

One and only regret... Not getting to go in the first place... ( ;-; gotta wait till next year )

That actually cuts off the "streak" i reckon i had... went the past two years and now miss this year...
-Youmacon 2015-

--Going to the Anime Convention Reviews meet-up

Black L
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby Black L » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:35 am

One and Only one Regret of Youmacon

Not making any new friends!! T.T

also not getting my picture taken with Team four star and Todd Habbercorn and Not Meeting the person who made my childhood awesome -cries and sit in corner-

(I know i can not spell)
Ah here it goes.

Cosplays for youmacon X

L (death Note)

Dudley or SF OC(Street fighter)

Pokemon Trainer

ledisko21
First Anime: Tokyo Mew Mew

Postby ledisko21 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:29 am

I regret not having read/watched Attack on Titan before the con. I was always too lazy and/or watching Doctor Who. My brother convinced me after to get into the fandom and now I love it. Felt like I could have met some other really cool people who enjoy it as well. But I guess going to the con actually pushed me to get involved in it! :D

Also regret no hotel room. I figured since i don't live far it wouldn't be bothersome, but taking the people mover to and from the car in Greektown got annoying after a bit. Also driving home at three in the morning is never fun.

Finally, WHY DIDN'T I GET THAT ARTIST'S BUSINESS CARD IN THE ALLEY SHE IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND ON THE FORUMS. T_T

Nicksphotos
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby Nicksphotos » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:14 pm

My Biggest Regret is not asking the name of the girl who glomped me at CVS. I was dressed as the dread Pirate Roberts and she was wearing a plaid skirt and a white blouse and cat ears.
Who Ya Gonna Call?

Nicks Photography That's Who!

CIAAPC
First Anime: YuGiOh/Tokyo Mew Mew

Postby CIAAPC » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:49 am

I regret not going.....

But seriously I'll be there next year.
Youma2012:
Princess Celestia [I will attempt this, because I didn't see any this year ;-;]
Hinaichigo from Rozen Maiden

Post-con depression is depressing.....

notshort1
First Anime: Naruto

Postby notshort1 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:07 pm

I regret not getting the names of a few guys I talked to because this was the first year I was flying solo.
I regret not taking more pictures
I regret not hanging out with more people.
cosplays:
GT!Dirk (75%)
Sollux (100%)
Dirk Strider(75%)
Hooded Figure (100%)
--
♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓
❑ Single
❑ Taken
✔ Mentally dating Dirk Strider
--
Loading Swag. ████████████████ 99%

MJoubes
First Anime: Ghost in the Shell/Paranoia Agent

Postby MJoubes » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:53 pm

Not taking more pictures. :skeptical:

Not having everything I needed for my panel. :ugeek:

Focusing on the rave, which I didn't enjoy because it's not my sort of thing. :dj:

Not cosplaying more. :batman:

Not getting the name/number of that cute guy cosplaying Free! Iwatobi Swim Club. :oops:
I fold my socks the Eureka 7 way!
Anime I've seen:http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MJoubes

Helpful links: Adafruit.com , Sparkfun.com , Cosplay.com , Forums.Youmacon.com

NoaQep

Postby NoaQep » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:11 am

I miss not attending the Homestuck photoshoot in Cobo. I had the chance to, but instead just stayed in the room with my fiance, relaxing before getting ready for the Ren Cen Homestuck shoot (the official one on the schedule.) So few not only showed up, but very few knew about it! Some of the people I saw only showed up because I had mentioned it to them, even. :'C I had been hoping that, since it was one of my very first photoshoots, that more people would've appeared.

I also regret not attending more panels! I attended a TON, don't get me wrong, but waiting in line for Mario Party had, admittedly, not been worth missing out on some of the panels that I wanted to see. >.< IT WAS AWESOME, don't get me wrong! But I could've just stayed at the back of the line, rather than wait hours in the front just to get a half-decent seat. xD

I also regret not being in the food court longer than I was. Now and then, I went with my small group when we were hungry, but I met so many awesome people there! It was a great social activity, especially when sharing the longer tables with others. I even met another artist outside of the artist alley! It was amazing.

Another regret is not socializing more Thursday, and also not going in cosplay. This year, I'm definitely not missing the chance to stand out in line in a nice cosplay!
I AM ARTIST
HEAR ME PROCRASTINATE

Return to “2013 Memories”