Charity Ball

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our ninth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Digipup
First Anime: Kingdom Hearts

Charity Ball

Postby Digipup » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:01 pm

Why is it always me that's posting a Charity-Ball version of 'Missed Connections'?

Anyway, all ye formal (or not-so-formal) dancers, make yourselves known. I was the purple-haired, stripe-stocking'ed Mizore Shirayuki in black heels that spent most of her time pseudo-tapdancing by herself. I was hoping to see one or two of the dance partners I met last year and had an awesome time with (and also completely forgot to get the surnames/numbers of), but neither showed, sadly. Ian and Robert, you were missed! Anyway, do you have any interesting experiences or people to tell about from Friday's grand evening?
Youmacon 2011 - Suigintou (Rozen Maiden) Saturday
Youmacon 2012 - Nothing :c
Youmacon 2013 - Mizore Shirayuki (Rosario+Vampire) Friday/Saturday
Youmacon 2014 - Elsa (Frozen) Friday/Saturday

If you have any photos of me, do share!

Nelly
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Re: Charity Ball

Postby Nelly » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:48 am

I was the Formal Stocking with my friend as Formal Panty. My other two friends were just in dresses but the one had a fedora. We danced with a few awesome people that just made our night!

Lupin the 3rd cosplayer (said his name was Josh): He was such a flirt but nice!
Sebastian (think his name was Asher): Gosh he was the cutest thing ever! So nice!
Mad Hatter (female one who chilled with us after the ball): you were such an awesome person! Gahh! Loved the cosplay!

I really wanted to add them on facebook... :(

kambay

Postby kambay » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:36 am

as always i have had the best of times at the ball sucks it had to be cut short

i have to say dancing with you guys get more fun every year

JuJuBeeyutiful
First Anime: Death Note

Postby JuJuBeeyutiful » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:53 am

My boyfriend and I were the two shadow like creatures in formal/lolita attire =) It was our first time at the Charity Ball and it was pretty fun! We knew the DJ too and wanted to ask him if in a few years he would want to dj at our wedding, cause he's going to be retiring soon (sadface). But other than that we had meant to go last year and registration took so long we missed the whole thing! Glad we were able to go this year =)

Gryffin1090
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist

Postby Gryffin1090 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:58 am

I had an absolute (pardon the pun) ball. I want to thank the girls who asked me if I wanted to dance and even though I was hesistant (I am kind of shy) pulled me on anyway.

I was the guy with the holstered gun (toy gun BTW) on the whole night. Just wish it would have lasted a bit longer.

Nicksphotos
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby Nicksphotos » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:10 pm

I had fun dancing with the ladies and taking pictures if anyone wants feel free to tag yourself in them. heres the link to my album on fb https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.332224416917596.1073741857.100003901210585&type=1&l=ea5833b32a
Who Ya Gonna Call?

Nicks Photography That's Who!

Yukinari
Media Staff
First Anime: Macross

Postby Yukinari » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:20 pm

I only danced with one girl i didn't know and my friend Cleste. I was one of the photographers taking photos. The one light skinned one with vest, long hair and white mask with bloody slash marks.
Few of my best Youmacon 2011 photos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/messier_code_bk-201/

kambay

Postby kambay » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:38 pm

yo larry when you post your pics let me know i need one of them

Digipup

Postby Digipup » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:30 pm

JuJuBeeyutiful wrote:My boyfriend and I were the two shadow like creatures in formal/lolita attire =) It was our first time at the Charity Ball and it was pretty fun! We knew the DJ too and wanted to ask him if in a few years he would want to dj at our wedding, cause he's going to be retiring soon (sadface). But other than that we had meant to go last year and registration took so long we missed the whole thing! Glad we were able to go this year =)

I'm pretty sure he's around this forum if you still want to ask (or haven't already).

Also looking forward to seeing more photos from the dance; I saw quite a few photographers there c:

Amberspike-Sama
First Anime: .

Postby Amberspike-Sama » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:12 pm

I was the chick in the splicer mask (and a nicer black dress for this event than the one in that picture, lol.) I had fun hanging out with those of you in the "lame dancing circle!" XD I love this event so much. :)
2015 lineup:
Friday: Poison Ivy (DC)
Saturday: Edward Nygma (Gotham)

kambay

Postby kambay » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:28 pm

No way I had the Luigi hat on doing the robot lol

Digipup

Postby Digipup » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:57 pm

Amberspike-Sama wrote:I was the chick in the splicer mask (and a nicer black dress for this event than the one in that picture, lol.) I had fun hanging out with those of you in the "lame dancing circle!" XD I love this event so much. :)

I saw you there. I liked that mask quite a bit.

DrToon
First Anime: Cowboy bebop

Postby DrToon » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:46 am

JuJuBeeyutiful wrote:My boyfriend and I were the two shadow like creatures in formal/lolita attire =) It was our first time at the Charity Ball and it was pretty fun! We knew the DJ too and wanted to ask him if in a few years he would want to dj at our wedding, cause he's going to be retiring soon (sadface). But other than that we had meant to go last year and registration took so long we missed the whole thing! Glad we were able to go this year =)

Hey JuJu...would LOVE to DJ your wedding. I'm on facebook as Dr. Toon so let me know when the time is right.
I am going to be retiring from weddings full-time soon...but that doesn't mean I'm stopping completely! Just need some more time with my 2 young children.
Sadly I will not be performing at this year's Youmacon. I've had a blast the last few years with this ball...hope you have too.

Cheers!
Dr Toon

Return to “2013 Memories”