2013 Horror Stories

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our ninth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Kiarii
First Anime: Sailor Moon

2013 Horror Stories

Postby Kiarii » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:42 pm

Anyone have any bad/unwanted things happen at the convention this year ? This could be anything from a costume not working for you or being creeped on by someone, like in my case.

One of my only stories is some guy at the rave on Saturday night asking for my name/where I was staying and telling me his room number. I was definitely creeped out.

feuerwerke
First Anime: Tenchi Muyo

Re: 2013 Horror Stories

Postby feuerwerke » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:48 pm

When we were packing, my boyfriend completely neglected to pack my shoes for my cosplay, even though I asked him to specifically make sure they went in the car, and asked him if he'd took them out later and he assured me he did. I spent the first part of the con suffering in shoes I'd bought last minute that were killing my feet, then finally just gave up and wore the costume with completely inaccurate shoes (which embarrassed the heck out of me) until we could check into our room. It took a lot of fun out of the con for me =<.

azel
First Anime: Naruto!! :o

Postby azel » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:12 pm

I only really had one bad experience this year. I was at the rave and we had to go kinda soon, so I told my friend [who likes raves but doesn't like getting really into the heavy crowd, while if I could that's where I'd be the entire rave omg] that I was going to go in and see how close to the stage I could get in the main group before we left. I managed to get so close I could touch the stage, and it was awesoome omg<3 Well I started dancing with this guy and he was really cool at first! We danced for a bit and then I kinda started dancing solo but he apparently wasn't done and started getting touchy, running his hands down my entire body and ughh I told him I had to leave but he followed me out of the crowd, and then grabbed me in a big hug [he was like 3 times my size I'm really small ;o;] and asked if I had a facebook. I lied and said I didn't and then he tried to kiss me and i could smell the alcohol on his breath I was so scared but then I found my friend and was like "HELLO BOYFRIEND" because she was crossplaying and she was awesome enough to go along with it ;w; Other than that it was a really fun time!!
❤Host of Shutocon's Ask a Nation since 2012!❤

Shutocon 2015: [[The girl with the crutches]]
Armin - AoT ~ Casual!Nitori - Free! ~ Mako, Date!Mako - Kill La Kill

Youmacon 2015:
Toy Bonnie - FNAF ~ Haruko - FLCL ~ Mako - KLK ~ Fem!Prussia - Hetalia

KuroroCure
First Anime: Outlaw Star

Postby KuroroCure » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:11 pm

First day, after I got out of Pre-Registration (on Thursday night) we walked over to the people mover, I was Sango in her kimono version with Hiraikotsu, and someone RAN right into my boomerang. It let out a HUGE crack, and she was like, "oh" and walked off. After standing on the people mover for a while, it actually started to break.... and I was FREAKING OUT. My other friends were standing there like, "are you serious... it freakin broke?!?!" so after I got off the people mover, I saw the girl that busted it, and I went up to her, with it broken, and told her, "You did indeed break it." She started to stutter and say, "I said I was sorry." So I said, "Just don't do it to anyone else, and watch where you are going and SLOW DOWN!" So she started to yell at me, "What do you want me to do about it? I said I was sorry!!! I was going slow!" and kept yelling that over and over while I tried to calmly ask her to be careful so she doesn't ruin anyone else's weekend. I kept seeing her through the WHOLE weekend, found out her name is Lauren, and once I find a picture maybe I'll post it so people can be careful of HER next year, I don't want anyone else's prop to be broken too. It was so frustrating, if I broke someone else's prop I would have cried, since I know how much time and effort it is to make... and I would have offered to help pay for damages.

The only good thing that was possible is that my fiance knew exactly how to fix it.... but it shouldn't have happened in the first place... he worked so hard on it. :(
Youmacon 2014:
Saturday: The Nightwalker from Princess Mononoke

DietSoDuh
First Anime: Death Note

Postby DietSoDuh » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:16 pm

Was followed by someone dressed as Slenderman for - i do not kid you -a solid 20 minutes. Literally inches from my back. They didn't get the hint even when we'd stand there and blatantly talk about it.
dietsoduh.tumblr.com

underourcontrol
First Anime: Naruto

Postby underourcontrol » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:37 pm

This happened to me twice in one day and I seriously hope Youmacon raises their security because this guy was just creepy as hell.

I went outside to smoke, alone of course, because my friend doesn't like the smell of smoke so she stayed in.
As soon as I walked out the revolving doors.
This man with a white beard and clothes that made him look like he didn't bathe in years, came up to me.
I was so freaked out since I already have a fear of hobos and men.
He looked at my pack of cigarettes and asked me to bum one.
Of course my first reaction is to say I didn't have any and walk away since cigs out here are ridiculously expensive.. As I walked away he muttered an insult from behind me.

Later that day I was in the same area but inside where the tables were.
HE WAS IN THE BUILDING THIS TIME.
Asking a 16 year old boy for a cigarette. Once again, begging for a smoke which is sad...this place was filled with 60% kids under 18....

I made my way outside quickly to make sure I wasn't seen and as soon as I got out the revolving doors.
He was standing behind me and said
"Do you have a light...?"
No lie...he was so close i smelt his horrid breathe...
He was smoking a cig that looks like it was found off the floor and had been stepped on several times...
He was pulling hair off it and wiping the dirt off...
GROSS
needless to say I was going to the other side of the building to smoke where there was actually a lot more security...
I bet a lot more of you have seen him as well and I hope nothing happened to any of you.
:rd:
That kills people....

Digipup
First Anime: Kingdom Hearts

Postby Digipup » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:40 pm

DietSoDuh wrote:Was followed by someone dressed as Slenderman for - i do not kid you -a solid 20 minutes. Literally inches from my back. They didn't get the hint even when we'd stand there and blatantly talk about it.

............. And then you find out that no one was cosplaying Slenderman in that area. ;D

Anyways, not exactly a horror story because nothing awful really happened, but at the Charity Ball there was one kid -- a little overweight and not particularly good-looking -- that I danced with once or twice just to be nice. The first conversation went something like this...
Him: "So, how are you?"
Me: "I'm fine, thanks. How about you?"
"Well, I'm at a convention, I have a beautiful girl in my arms, and I have enough vodka in my back pocket to knock me flat."
"... Okay."

The hilarious part is, although he didn't recognize me, I recognized him, from last year's ball -- and he used the EXACT same line on me. x'D The second time I danced with him (... he kind of creeped on me while I danced by myself until he got the chance to ask for another, but I just ignored him) he tried to get me to feel up his backside; when I politely refused, he said something like "Oh, a goody-goody. You'll be fun to corrupt..."

So that was interesting.

Oh, and the icing on the cake was seeing him again on the people mover on the way back. I hid behind my 6'4" dad, who was cosplaying Slenderman. That did the job.
Youmacon 2011 - Suigintou (Rozen Maiden) Saturday
Youmacon 2012 - Nothing :c
Youmacon 2013 - Mizore Shirayuki (Rosario+Vampire) Friday/Saturday
Youmacon 2014 - Elsa (Frozen) Friday/Saturday

If you have any photos of me, do share!

blkmagick

Postby blkmagick » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:09 pm

Digipup wrote: "Oh, a goody-goody. You'll be fun to corrupt..."

Ugh. That creeps me out so much and I wasn't even there.

There are two instances that really irritated the eff out of me. There first one was when I was leaving the food court in the middle of a conversation with my boyfriend when a guy comes up to me and get really close. He says "Hey, what time is it?" really calm (I was dressed up was Fionna from Adventure Time), and I went to look at my phone. He then starts screaming "No! No! No!" repeatedly in my face, and then his female friend comes up to me and says that I need to just take off my costume and reaches for my hat. She doesn't touch it, but the whole situation just caught me off guard and I didn't know how to react. Sorry I didn't give you the response you wanted when I was in the middle of a conversation and kind of forgot I was in cosplay. Not everyone wants to get in character.

The second thing has to deal with the Marriott itself, because I currently have close to $1900 in pending transactions from them, and not a single amount is my room amount. Currently trying to get that worked out.

Youmacon 2013 costumes:
Thursday: Fionna- Adventure Time
Friday: B.B. Hood - Darkstalkers
Saturday: Fire - Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Rave: Rave Megurine Luka
Sunday: Fionna

BigMac9632
First Anime: Fooly Cooly aka Furi Kuri aka FLCL

Postby BigMac9632 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:25 pm

I had a small issue that really ruined my Friday... I bought my mom a ticket for her birthday because she really wanted to go to the Steam Powered Giraffe concert. When she got out of work she met us up there and came to the concert, she seemed fine when she got there but about half way through the second group (for those who don't know there were 2 acts/groups before SPG) I came back to my seat from sitting up front taking pictures to find that she was drunk, she decided to keep almost a whole row of seats clear because "they belonged to her" and insisted to angrily ask me what my peoblem was, even though I hadn't said a word. She kept pushing and pushing and finally snapped at me, which in turn made me get angry and retort calling her drunk (because she was and was ruining my night) She yelled at me and stormed out then started yelling at my little sister saying that she couldn't remember where I parked her car (she drove, I was here ALL day prior) and made me leave in the middle of the SPG portion concert to find her car and drive her home (which in turn made me, my sister, her friend, and 2 of my friends leave because we carpooled and they didn't want to be there if I left)

So yeah, that night got ruined inside of an hour...
[center]2010 - none :( [I was lame and broke D:]
2011 - Itachi Uchiha [Naruto]
2012 - Bardroy [Black Butler]
2013 - Rivet [OC]
2014 Cosplays

Steampunk OC "Rivet" Revamp {My Mind}
Progress -75%

Not sure yet about more.

Tatsu_loves_Akito

Postby Tatsu_loves_Akito » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:45 pm

My jerk of an ex BF was at the con and I kept seeing him. He made it worse because he came up and laid down next to me and it was really creepy.(He, among other things cheated on me and told me that i was annoying because I was depressed and suicidal) and it could have been worse but overall it really ruined my con because I KEPT seeing him and it brought up a lot of bad feelings I think I repressed
[b][u]Tentative Schedule[/u][/b]
[b]Thursday:[/b] Iron Man
[b]Friday:[/b] Redcoat England(hetalia)
[b]Saturday:[/b] Mom(Homestuck), Snowman(Homestuck)
[b]Sunday:[/b] Raku(NSG)

Avendasora
First Anime: Akira

Postby Avendasora » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:08 pm

Crazy thing is, I had the costume I had been working on like crazy before the con break after about half an hour of wearing it (I did not adequately account for the weight apparently, and one of the supports snapped), so I didn't get to spend much time in it...

...And I was not actually particularly upset because for that half hour Kapp'n was loved on, and even after the break made it lopsided as I tried to make my way back to my car, people STILL wanted pictures of it. And it is fixable, and I now know several things I can improve about it, and I had a great time in the rest of my costumes too - so it's not much of a horror story.

And then I almost had a horror story Sunday, when I had offered to give someone a ride to the airport and was planning to meet them at their table in artist's alley the next day because my phone wasn't working. Just outside the entrance to artist's alley, discovered my badge was gone. But in a strange twist of events I can now only call divine providence, I had been using a comp badge I'd received for some stuff that happened last year, and only got word about a week before the con that I could have. I had also pre-registered at the beginning of the year... but since I got the comp badge, I never bothered going and picking it up from registration. So rather than panicking and retracing my steps all the way back to the RenCen, I just went down to registration and asked if it was still possible for me to get that badge I'd actually paid for. And it was. :D So I got into the alley in time and was able to get my passenger to the airport on time, and all was well.

Seriously this con was just completely zen for me, I have no idea how that happened when my life has been one big ball of stress and anxiety for the last couple of years. So many near-horror-stories, and everything worked out great.

ki_chan
First Anime: Sailormoon

Postby ki_chan » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:09 pm

KuroroCure wrote:First day, after I got out of Pre-Registration (on Thursday night) we walked over to the people mover, I was Sango in her kimono version with Hiraikotsu, and someone RAN right into my boomerang. It let out a HUGE crack, and she was like, "oh" and walked off. After standing on the people mover for a while, it actually started to break.... and I was FREAKING OUT. My other friends were standing there like, "are you serious... it freakin broke?!?!" so after I got off the people mover, I saw the girl that busted it, and I went up to her, with it broken, and told her, "You did indeed break it." She started to stutter and say, "I said I was sorry." So I said, "Just don't do it to anyone else, and watch where you are going and SLOW DOWN!" So she started to yell at me, "What do you want me to do about it? I said I was sorry!!! I was going slow!" and kept yelling that over and over while I tried to calmly ask her to be careful so she doesn't ruin anyone else's weekend. I kept seeing her through the WHOLE weekend, found out her name is Lauren, and once I find a picture maybe I'll post it so people can be careful of HER next year, I don't want anyone else's prop to be broken too. It was so frustrating, if I broke someone else's prop I would have cried, since I know how much time and effort it is to make... and I would have offered to help pay for damages.

The only good thing that was possible is that my fiance knew exactly how to fix it.... but it shouldn't have happened in the first place... he worked so hard on it. :(

Aw! I saw you Thursday night and wanted to ask for a photo, but I was stuck in the middle of the registration line. I'm sorry to hear about your boomerang. Although I do not recommend posting a picture of the person. I just hope her run in with you will make her think twice from now on, even if she was stubborn about it.

I had nothing too horrible happen to me per se. But Saturday night there were some really drunk girls on the people mover. I got on and as I found my spot one of them was like (and you can read this in a ditsy bimbo girl voice because that's honest to glob what they sounded like) "Oh my **** where did you buy that? I'd been looking all over the place for that costume but I could not find it!" In most cases I'd have caught on rather quick, but it being a con I gave her a serious and honest answer. Then I scooted farther back so there was more room for people and more girls sat down.

I was standing in the absolute back of the people mover and there were 2 girls in front of me, 2 girls to the right of me and the 4 drunk girls to the left of me with some old guy recording them on his phone. I don't know what the girl was dressed up as but she had some stockings on that the girls found fascinating and they kept on going on and on about the inseam of the stockings and could not figure out how a pair of stockings could fit a 5 ft person and a 6 ft person and they kept pestering these girls about it and grabbing at her stockings. They both firmly told them to stop and to leave them alone, and they were clearly getting annoyed with them, as was everyone else in our section of the people mover. Then the drunk girls started asking the other girls if they were drunk or had been drinking. They were then informed that neither of them were of age and one was a minor, and to once again leave her alone. The girl to the right of me started coming to their defense and gave the girls an attitude. It was just your typical drunk bimbo BS. First they started whining about people yelling at them and then laughing at how irritated everyone was getting with them.

We tried to report them to the guy working at the gate of the people mover but I don't think he took our report seriously, which is really unfortunate. I also informed him that there was a clearly significantly older guy sitting there with them and recording them on his phone which I'm sure no one will appreciate and I'd hate to see a creep trying to take advantage of some drunk girls.

snipercutey
First Anime: dbz

Postby snipercutey » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:46 pm

My horror story was at the rave. I have epilepsy but not to the extreme. Now, I know there is supposed to have strobe lights and all but holy **** really? They had it strobbing for a good 2 mins. Any epileptic will begin to sez with that (I think) so I left and wouldn't you know it someone beat me to it! So they had to stop the rave and get the person out. Thank **** he was OK but man. Also, before all that there was this guy hogging these stands that people could dace on and he wouldn't allow anyone on them except these hoolahoopers and got in every ones face and yelled "get the **** off". My friend went and got head of security and i guess they made a deal with them to let these hoolahoopers keep going on them. did anyone else see that?

maryxrawr
First Anime: Inuyasha

Postby maryxrawr » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:13 am

I didn't really have a horror story in particular that was effecting me, but I was next to the guy who had the seizure at the rave, and it really freaked me out and I was really worried about him, despite the fact that I didn't know him.

I'm so glad he's okay.
Youma2013:
Thursday Evening: "Are You My Mummy?" Doctor Who villain
Thursday Night: Saria
Friday: Saria
Saturday: Saria
Sunday: Normal Clothes

underourcontrol
First Anime: Naruto

Postby underourcontrol » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:28 am

What really freaked me out was Friday night when waiting in line for the yaoi panel
A girl in front of me face planted the floor and was twitching.
WE all called for help a sort of medic volunteer showed up and we had gotten her off the floor.
I just was really scared considering most people who do what she did end up heading to hospital in an ambulance.
That kills people....

Return to “2013 Memories”