Missed Connections

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our ninth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Machi-chan
First Anime: Fruits Basket

Re: Missed Connections

Postby Machi-chan » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:44 pm

On I think Saturday, a guy came up to me and asked to take pictures with me dressed as Haruhi Suzumiya. We took one normal one, and then one with me acting more like Haruhi, with him on the floor and me point like im ordering him around haha. Was fun and he seemed cool, so would be cool to talk to him~

to be honest i'd love to talk with everyone i met. I met too many cool people.
Last edited by Machi-chan on Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out "idol BEATS Radio", the best place to listen to the Jpop idols of today!
http://idolbeatsradio.blogspot.com
There is a chance to win a free idol CD of your choice (29 choices!) so enter the giveaway by November 10th!

divinelychaotic

Postby divinelychaotic » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:32 am

The girl I walked with from Cobo to the RenCen on Saturday that's allergic to chocolate. We had a nice chat along the way, it'd be nice to talk some more.

Yukinari
Media Staff
First Anime: Macross

Postby Yukinari » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:51 am

chrislwallace15 wrote:To the girl that I met playing the game with the controllers by the food court ( i believe it is called ninja).
game controller? sounds like Joust.
Few of my best Youmacon 2011 photos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/messier_code_bk-201/

herenity86
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby herenity86 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:34 am

I would love to get a hold of Ben the guy dressed as the assassin from skyrim who gave me the contract to kill my boyfriend. I'd also love to get a hold of the girl with the awesome pentacle triple goddess tat with what looked like a puma above it. And to the awesome Cheza cosplayer my boyfriend said he saw I would really love to meet ya. Lastly to the girl we were in line with to get Hiei's autograph. And to the awesome discord I met at the mlp photoshoot, and the Arrietty if any of you are out there reading this please pm me or add me to fb.
For anyone else here is my fb, you all can feel free to add me. https://www.facebook.com/helena.lebelle1Just please make sure to tell me your from youma and not some random stalker unless your hot then you can stalk all you want ;) lol.
Last edited by herenity86 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZeroSins
First Anime: Dragon Ball Z

Postby ZeroSins » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:51 am

On Saturday, a few friends and I were getting pictures done of our Uta no Prince-Sama cosplays and this adorable Mikuo Hatsune [male!Miku] started taking pictures with a few other people. He was really nice and I'd love to get in contact with him. Here's a reference of what his cosplay looked like: http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6034/6295 ... 2075_z.jpg He'd be the one on the left. This also happened in the RenCen's main floor of the Winter Garden. Hope someone can help! ;c
Youmacon 2015:
Trip [DRAMAtical Murder]: 90%
Rin Matsuoka [Free!]: 60%
Kagami Taiga [Kuroko no Basket]: 70%
White!Haired Kaneki Ken [Tokyo Ghoul]: 30%

BreezyBFly
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby BreezyBFly » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:54 am

The female Link holding a blue bomb (that I thought was a boy when I first approached her)- I need to find her, because she's my true love lol. I was the Skyward Sword Zelda. HERE'S A PICTURE! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Caffeine
First Anime: Evangelion

Postby Caffeine » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:30 am

Saturday night before the Touhou Panel and shoot, chatted with a pair dressed as Yukari and Yuyuko while I was in costume as Ran, really should have asked for contact info after the shoot.

Managed to dig up a few pics from the shoots if anyone recognizes them

chrislwallace15
First Anime: ruroni kenshin

Postby chrislwallace15 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:16 pm

Yukinari wrote:
chrislwallace15 wrote:To the girl that I met playing the game with the controllers by the food court ( i believe it is called ninja).
game controller? sounds like Joust.

Yeah Joust that was it

underourcontrol
First Anime: Naruto

Postby underourcontrol » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:24 pm

I wish I would of gotten the number of the boiy in the Fem!Ciel dress.
I waited in line with him at the yaoi panel on both nights and he was really nice.
Kinda sad that I was too scattered brain to catch contact info with him.

:rd:
That kills people....

LaRave
First Anime: Evangelion

Postby LaRave » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:04 pm

There was a girl with light brown and aqua hair in rave attire that I crossed paths with twice on Saturday evening who was super pumped that I was cosplaying Sebastian. Our first encounter, she was in line for the Marriott elevators and stopped me for a hug, regretful that she didn't currently have a camera to take a picture. I later saw her near the escalators leading down to the RenCen food court. This time, she was able to take a picture with me, and asked me for my name so she could add me on Facebook since I was so awesome, lol. At the time, my Facebook was deactivated [I have since returned], and I regrettably only informed her of this before parting with her. I'm aware that "rave girl in a bikini top with blue in her hair" isn't exactly the most specific of descriptions, but I have nothing else to go off of.

It's not much, but I really appreciated her excitement. Here's hoping either she or someone that knows her sees this...
Last edited by LaRave on Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Youmacon '13
Friday | Ellie [The Last of Us]
Saturday | Sebastian Michaelis [Black Butler]
Sunday | Lelouch Lamperouge [Code Geass]

syrup
First Anime: lmao

Postby syrup » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:06 pm

That dude in the afro who I walked back with from the courtyard to the rencen on friday night, I asked him if he was lost and when he said yeah I said 'me too'. We were near the elevators going up. What were you cosplaying? I was drunk af

Envisioner

Postby Envisioner » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:57 pm

im trying to find the girl i played bubblepop with in the game room and she wound up being late to a panel she wanted to go to because we were getting into the game. i was the guy with the nekomini ears
facebook
http://www.facebook.com/Foxcross

the real death note
First Anime: Sailor moon

Postby the real death note » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:28 pm

I am looking for a Kankri Vantas that I meet on Sunday. I meet her on the people mover Sunday, she had a sign that said if you stopped her she would draw a charter. She also had a lil Cal in her bag, anyone?
I was Roxy from the Bubblestuck panel.
youmacon 2014
sailor mercury swag- 99% thur.
Dead!Dave- 100% sun.?
spritzee- 100% fir.,sat

OffBrandPickles
First Anime: Samurai Champloo

Postby OffBrandPickles » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:04 pm

For the days I actually met people I was in an East German Staff Sergeants uniform with green trim and black boots, all in grey in an overseas cap which was also grey with a wool coat with a green stripe on the left wrist.

So, anyhow, to describe the missed connection; it was out in front of the bathrooms near the RenCen food courts, I was on the floor whistling "Twisted Nerve", the whistled tune from Kill Bill. I asked some drunk or high dude to name it, and he didn't seem to know what the hell I was talking about, but you chimed in and named it, and from then on we just had some banter about Tarantino flicks and whatnot. After my pal came out of the bathroom I had to leave, I asked for your name; "Jenna" I believe was what you mentioned. You were cosplaying Hyatt from Excel Saga with your friend. I saw you as I was leaving and we waved. Honestly, I regret not talking to you further but I was pressed for time and I had some personal stuff going on (Not to mention I didn't wanna come off as some awkward con creep. xD)

But Jenna (if I'm remembering the name correctly), I would love to get to know you more and continue talking about movies and pop culture with you some more. If you find this or someone you know spots this, DO NOT hesitate to send me a message on here!

Also, I want everyone else to know that I'm not a man with a one-track mind, if you recall my uniform/costume and we had a good talk, or if you wanted to ask but couldn't for whatever reason, again, you're more than welcome to drop a message to me on here!

See you in 2014 everyone, hope this year was a good one for everyone and those missed connections become made connections!
:fingerscrossed: :D :fingerscrossed:

IantoHarkness
First Anime: Yu-Gi-Oh!

Postby IantoHarkness » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:38 am

Looking for the Pepper Potts in the sports bra/Extremis version from the marvel photoshoot on saturday. I was Tony Stark from IM3! I never got any pictures of us together but she did, and would like to see how hers look. And I would love to stay in touch! :)
"I`m not the téa-boy, I´m the Coffee-boy."

Return to “2013 Memories”