youma crushes

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our ninth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Mutant_Ing55
First Anime: Naruto

Re: youma crushes

Postby Mutant_Ing55 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:09 pm

There was this beautiful Haruhi cosplayer my friend and I ran into Saturday night. It was in Cobo, we were walking by a huge line and my friend stop to ask her for a picture and told her she looked lovely. She said it made her day, it was very sweet. I was too shy to do anything though so I kinda laid low. ^_^; If you're out there, though, you are awesome!

Also, had a major crush on one of the artists in Artist's Alley. She had black hair with purple tips and some awesome, surreal artwork~
2014 plans:
Kotomine Kirei (Fate/zero ver.)
Team Flare Grunt

Machi-chan
First Anime: Fruits Basket

Postby Machi-chan » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:01 pm

Mutant_Ing55 wrote:There was this beautiful Haruhi cosplayer my friend and I ran into Saturday night. It was in Cobo, we were walking by a huge line and my friend stop to ask her for a picture and told her she looked lovely. She said it made her day, it was very sweet. I was too shy to do anything though so I kinda laid low. ^_^; If you're out there, though, you are awesome!

Also, had a major crush on one of the artists in Artist's Alley. She had black hair with purple tips and some awesome, surreal artwork~

That was me ;-; <3 (The Haruhi) The comment really did make my day. I was just complaining minutes before about how I was waiting in line for an 18+ event but no one ever thought I looked 18, and if I ever got a compliment on my looks, it was always "cute". Which, of course, is nice, but after a while you start to feel like you look too childish for any other compliments ^^;
Minutes later, being asked for a picture and called "lovely" just made my whole night, honestly <3
Being mentioned here is really great, too, actually >////< Thanks so much!!
Check out "idol BEATS Radio", the best place to listen to the Jpop idols of today!
http://idolbeatsradio.blogspot.com
There is a chance to win a free idol CD of your choice (29 choices!) so enter the giveaway by November 10th!

Yukinari
Media Staff
First Anime: Macross

Postby Yukinari » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:36 pm

Savageman89 wrote:I'm actually staff, and my crush is in a different department. I only see her during youma each year, but I spend all the time with her, and she's the reason I stay up playing werewolf until nobody wants to play or run it anymore. I want to tell her, but with me in Troy and her in Flint, I'm afraid she's going to say that it's too far for us, even though I deeply care about her...
You too? man, 1st its it was me mentioning another one of us, now it's you? Were on a roll here huh?
Few of my best Youmacon 2011 photos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/messier_code_bk-201/

Mutant_Ing55

Postby Mutant_Ing55 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:15 pm

Machi-chan wrote:
Mutant_Ing55 wrote:There was this beautiful Haruhi cosplayer my friend and I ran into Saturday night. It was in Cobo, we were walking by a huge line and my friend stop to ask her for a picture and told her she looked lovely. She said it made her day, it was very sweet. I was too shy to do anything though so I kinda laid low. ^_^; If you're out there, though, you are awesome!

That was me ;-; <3 (The Haruhi) The comment really did make my day. I was just complaining minutes before about how I was waiting in line for an 18+ event but no one ever thought I looked 18, and if I ever got a compliment on my looks, it was always "cute". Which, of course, is nice, but after a while you start to feel like you look too childish for any other compliments ^^;
Minutes later, being asked for a picture and called "lovely" just made my whole night, honestly <3

Oh awesome! I'm so glad I got to reach you! :D Haha, I told my friend and he said he's super glad he made your night and that you're fantastic.

Aaand just wanted to say it now 'cause I wasn't able to before, but not gonna lie out of all the Haruhis I've seen, you make the most perfect one. ^_^ Super awesome job! lol sorry I couldn't say it then, least we could make a connection now xD
2014 plans:
Kotomine Kirei (Fate/zero ver.)
Team Flare Grunt

sessel
First Anime: Tokyo Mew Mew

Postby sessel » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:00 pm

Haha, I crushed pretty hard on that Derpy fursuiter I kept bumping into (but never uttered a word to). Even if I don't know what she's really like, that cosplay was pretty darn cute.

I also got crushes on all of the MLP cosplayers. You guys rocked.
Pinkie Pie kind of reminds me from Felicia from Darkstalkers. Am I the only one?

cosplayer2358

Postby cosplayer2358 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:39 pm

AngelBaby723 wrote:
cosplayer2358 wrote:I actually did have a crush on this girl that I danced with at the rave. I don't know her name or anything other than the fact that she was wearing like a bumblebee kind of outfit, with the yellow and black and the wings, and then she left after about 10 minutes of dancing to go find her friends, and I didn't see her after that. Kinda wished that I would've seen her again.

*raises hand* That was me! :hi:

*blushes* I didn't think you would be on here!
2008-2010: L Lawliet from Death Note
2012: Allen Walker from D.Gray-man
2013: Either Crown Clown, from D.Gray-man, most of Friday and Saturday
2014: Death the Kid, L Lawliet

NeptuneFanatic
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby NeptuneFanatic » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:55 pm

sessel wrote:Haha, I crushed pretty hard on that Derpy fursuiter I kept bumping into (but never uttered a word to). Even if I don't know what she's really like, that cosplay was pretty darn cute.

I also got crushes on all of the MLP cosplayers. You guys rocked.

The Derpy fursuiter is a member of the Youmacon Facebook group! Her name is Ninna Riv and she's super nice!
Youmacon 2014 Cosplays:

Friday: Barnaby Brooks Jr. - Tiger & Bunny
Saturday: Lucina - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Sunday: Temari - Naruto Shippuden

Upcoming cons:
Youmacon '14
Almacon '15
Shuto Con '15
Anime Expo '15

ki_chan
First Anime: Sailormoon

Postby ki_chan » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:37 am

Savageman89 wrote:I'm actually staff, and my crush is in a different department. I only see her during youma each year, but I spend all the time with her, and she's the reason I stay up playing werewolf until nobody wants to play or run it anymore. I want to tell her, but with me in Troy and her in Flint, I'm afraid she's going to say that it's too far for us, even though I deeply care about her...

I think I might know who you're talking about...

Jentle
First Anime: Code Geass

Postby Jentle » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:15 am

Spookitsu wrote:@////@ I think I might know you/have met you. I was that Camelia Gumi cosplayer that invited you to the Rave but then I was never sure if you showed up.

Ah! Yes, I remember you. We talked for quite a bit at the elevators.
I was planning on going but ended up hanging at the Steins;Gate after panel party till midnight and was too tired to do much beside walk and mumble my way back to my room. I'm sorry I didn't make it. :(
Youmacon 2015:
Kent - Amnesia Later Outfit
Kent - Amnesia Regular Outfit
Hououin Kyouma - Steins;Gate

"I think about why I want to hold your hand. However, no matter how much I think about it I cannot find the necessity of it"

Icestars
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: Slayers

Postby Icestars » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:56 am

During the Loverin Tamburin concert, a girl came and sat to my right about two rows back. She was having a great time during the concert and had the best smile. I developed a crush on her but didnt get to say anything to her. She ran out of the concert to another panel pretty quick.

MikaMuffin
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby MikaMuffin » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:46 pm

Jentle wrote:- All the Steins;Gate cosplayers
- Heroine (Amnesia). I wish I had seen you when I was Kent *sadness*
- A former Steins;Gate cosplayer who's energy level was OVER 9000!!!
- A certain Junko Enoshima who I hung around with for a few hours
- A girl I met in Artists Alley and accidentally lost while walking around (oops!)
- All my fellow Amnesia fans.
You guys/gals are all amazing/awesome people. Can't wait to see you guys at another con ^_^

Edit: OH! And an awesome Ulquiorra I met at the Cobo Center. I enjoyed talking about computers and such with you. Hope you survived all the trials that befell you.

Hey there! Thought I'd say hi! I was the Heroine cosplayer!
:( I really wish I could've have seen you in your Amnesia cosplay too! Kent's one of my favorites!

Cooley
First Anime: Bleach

Postby Cooley » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:07 pm

The harley quinn with the GIANT hammer for sure!

lemongels
First Anime: Sailor moon

Postby lemongels » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:19 pm

Hmmm there was a very sweet Marco at the unofficial attack on titan gathering on saturday. :love: He found me on tumblr afterwards but I'm too shy to say hi! ^.^'

Machi-chan
First Anime: Fruits Basket

Postby Machi-chan » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:40 pm

Mutant_Ing55 wrote:
Machi-chan wrote:

Oh awesome! I'm so glad I got to reach you! :D Haha, I told my friend and he said he's super glad he made your night and that you're fantastic.

Aaand just wanted to say it now 'cause I wasn't able to before, but not gonna lie out of all the Haruhis I've seen, you make the most perfect one. ^_^ Super awesome job! lol sorry I couldn't say it then, least we could make a connection now xD

Gosh, thank yo so much :love: Haruhi has always been my favorite cosplay. I have worn it ever since my first convention. I always make sure to bring it back out for a bit every year. So it's really great to hear that it's liked xD Thank you <3
Check out "idol BEATS Radio", the best place to listen to the Jpop idols of today!
http://idolbeatsradio.blogspot.com
There is a chance to win a free idol CD of your choice (29 choices!) so enter the giveaway by November 10th!

llany1

Postby llany1 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:02 am

To the captain of team hentai at LAMP after dark, youre super cute too bad you got knocked out at musical chairs but at least you made it to top 3 in musical chairs and you got second place overall.
Costume Plans
---------------------------------------
Youmacon 09
Thurs: Stitch 30%
Fri: Goku DBZ Finished
Sun Sora KH1 0%
Sat :Link Ocarina of Time 60%
Fri: Ash Ketchum Pokemon Finished

Return to “2013 Memories”