Cosplay Gatherings 2013

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our ninth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Avendasora
First Anime: Akira

Re: Cosplay Gatherings 2013

Postby Avendasora » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:05 pm

If there is a Tiger & Bunny shoot, I will be there! I know some friends are running a T&B panel this year, and last time they did it, we all just moved outside after the panel for a shoot. Once we get word on when the panel is, maybe we can do the same thing again.

Goldeneyeuro
First Anime: Wolf's Rain

Postby Goldeneyeuro » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:18 pm

I'd be interested in a Tiger and Bunny shoot- I know there's a topic, but there's been no discussion as to date, time, place...

I'd like to know if D.Gray Man is going to have its own photoshoot. Again, topic's up, but no discussion as to date, time, place...
http://www.flickr.com/Goldeneyeuro

Never be average- Me

When life has no purpose, you're dead already- Kiba, Wolf's Rain

2K15 cosplay:
Lavi, 2nd outfit, D. Gray Man
Light Yagami, Death Note
Munakata Reisi, K Project
Tsunashi Takuto, Star Driver

Ace_Akita
First Anime: Yugioh

Postby Ace_Akita » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:36 am

I know it's a bit late, but I have about four or five friends interested in a Fate Stay Night/ Fate zero photo shoot
I don't know where or what time, but I was thinking some time on Friday. Anyone else interested? Maybe riverfront if it isn't too cold? Last year it was at a church looking building between the kobo and the ren cen, so maybe there again?
'You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it." - Robin William

YoumaCos 2013:

Thursday- probably nothing
Friday:Saber from Fate Stay Night
Saturday: Tsubaki from Soul Eater
Sunday: ?

Emi
First Anime: Tenchi Muyo

Postby Emi » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:50 am

Ace_Akita wrote:I know it's a bit late, but I have about four or five friends interested in a Fate Stay Night/ Fate zero photo shoot
I don't know where or what time, but I was thinking some time on Friday. Anyone else interested? Maybe riverfront if it isn't too cold? Last year it was at a church looking building between the kobo and the ren cen, so maybe there again?

Someone made a thread but no one responded :(
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=14116

I'd prefer Saturday, but can do late afternoon Friday probably (like 3-ish?)

Ace_Akita

Postby Ace_Akita » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:56 pm

Emi wrote:
Ace_Akita wrote:I know it's a bit late, but I have about four or five friends interested in a Fate Stay Night/ Fate zero photo shoot

oh! I didn't even see that post, I only checked the ones in this section. What time on Saturday? I'd have to change costumes, but that isn't a big deal, its just my group doing the fsn is also doing soul eater Saturday.
'You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it." - Robin William

YoumaCos 2013:

DeltaSierra4
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: lol

Postby DeltaSierra4 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:08 am

Can we also move the Sun 1:30am Touhou photoshoot to either Sat 3pm or Sat 9pm Riverfront area? (preferrably 3pm, if not available we can take 9pm)

Many thanks in advance!
Behind each smile... is ten thousand sorrows

GlowDeer
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby GlowDeer » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:50 am

DeltaSierra4 wrote:Can we also move the Sun 1:30am Touhou photoshoot to either Sat 3pm or Sat 9pm Riverfront area? (preferrably 3pm, if not available we can take 9pm)

Many thanks in advance!

The League of Legends photoshoot is happening at the 3 pm day/location

lethalSelphie
First Anime: Card Captor Sakura/Sailor Moon

Postby lethalSelphie » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:45 pm

GlowDeer wrote:
DeltaSierra4 wrote:Can we also move the Sun 1:30am Touhou photoshoot to either Sat 3pm or Sat 9pm Riverfront area? (preferrably 3pm, if not available we can take 9pm)

Many thanks in advance!

The League of Legends photoshoot is happening at the 3 pm day/location

I'm pretty sure both groups can meet up in the same location and then split the venue. The Riverwalk is a large area to work with.
I'll be in Elegant Gothic and Lolita when I'm not cosplaying! ^-^
2014 Lineup
~ Gala Fluttershy ~ Selphie and Irvine ~ Halloween Aerith ~ Cardcaptor Sakura ~ Level 4 Tama ~

Raiji Magiwind
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: Old School Gundam...:)

Postby Raiji Magiwind » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:55 pm

Yeah, the River walk is big enough to host a few gatherings at once as long as the groups cooperate... I mean the Riverwalk, goes beyond just whats in front of the Ren Center. I have seen easily 3-4 medium sized groups utilize the Riverwalk at one time.
Raiji's Scrib'd Shelf
--Go to my Scrib'd for the YoumaLingo Dictionary, Glomp Commandments and other fun stuff...

Emi

Postby Emi » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:26 pm

The Madoka Magica meetup is going to be at 5 P.M. Friday at the Winter Garden. :)

Edit: Thread: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=14151
Last edited by Emi on Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Emi

Postby Emi » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:28 pm

Ace_Akita wrote:
Emi wrote:

oh! I didn't even see that post, I only checked the ones in this section. What time on Saturday? I'd have to change costumes, but that isn't a big deal, its just my group doing the fsn is also doing soul eater Saturday.

Honestly I can work around you too. XD Friday late night or Friday morning/early afternoon would work best for me. Otherwise Saturday morning/evening/night work. :) My group is just me and 2 other girls and we're flexible.

Sayuri-chan
First Anime: Digimon

Postby Sayuri-chan » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:58 am

Sayuri-chan wrote:Hiya,
Just want to throw my hat into the ring for a shoot time and place. Looking for the Wintergardens (lower deck is probably better considering the size of our shoots for the past couple of years and we like to use the props for our shoot sessions). Early afternoon (2-4/5 ish?) is preferred. Thanks in advance!

Thread can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=14257

Sorry for the random bump, but I see that this shoot wasn't added to the list, and I wanted to make sure we were seen. x_x
Anime Central Staff 2005-2008
C-Kon Staff 2003
Indiana University South Bend Japanese Pop-Culture Club /// President
Youmacon 2013 Cosplay: Kurapika (HunterxHunter - 2011 Ver.)|||100% Complete /// Genkai (Yu Yu Hakusho - Young Ver.)|||100% Complete

cactusmomma
Guest Relations Staff
First Anime: Speed Racer

Postby cactusmomma » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:34 pm

Since the number of locations we were given to work with was cut down this year, this is the final list going in the programming book. Not to say you guys can't make a meetup time, but this is what's being worked with. :?
Guest updates and random con shenaniganry: http://beegobuzz.tumblr.com

Sayuri-chan
First Anime: Digimon

Postby Sayuri-chan » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:20 pm

Was this decided before I posted in this thread? Cause, I'm confused. I posted a bit ago - I just quoted myself to prove that I'd posted before the latest edit of the list of shoots...:(
Anime Central Staff 2005-2008
C-Kon Staff 2003
Indiana University South Bend Japanese Pop-Culture Club /// President
Youmacon 2013 Cosplay: Kurapika (HunterxHunter - 2011 Ver.)|||100% Complete /// Genkai (Yu Yu Hakusho - Young Ver.)|||100% Complete

Ace_Akita

Postby Ace_Akita » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:26 pm

I'd prefer Saturday, but can do late afternoon Friday probably (like 3-ish?)[/quote]

oh! I didn't even see that post, I only checked the ones in this section. What time on Saturday? I'd have to change costumes, but that isn't a big deal, its just my group doing the fsn is also doing soul eater Saturday.[/quote]

Honestly I can work around you too. XD Friday late night or Friday morning/early afternoon would work best for me. Otherwise Saturday morning/evening/night work. :) My group is just me and 2 other girls and we're flexible.[/quote]

Friday sounds great, you said late evening or early morning? I would say early morning than, that way we don't miss any panels we like, I haven't seen the released schedule .

YoumaCos 2013:

Return to “2013 Memories”