Cosplay Gatherings 2013

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our ninth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

TidusxSeymour
First Anime: Project A-Ko

Re: Cosplay Gatherings 2013

Postby TidusxSeymour » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:49 pm

Ok. I have a bit of a problem with the schedule. There are a lot of series that you normally see cosplayed every year at Youmacon that have absolutely no photo shoot scheduled. Kingdom Hearts was actually requested, and it's not even on the schedule. I didn't ask, because I'm not planning to cosplay it, but I know people who are. Tiger and Bunny was requested no less than 3 times, and I'm just curious as to why there is no BBC shoot. There's quite a few time slots that have nothing in them. Yu-Gi-Oh and Naruto were also asked for. I just thought I'd bring this to your attention. Some really big turn out groups got very ignored in the photo shoot schedule.
Cosplays planned for Youmacn 2013

-Turkey (Hetalia)
-The Hulk
-Bobby Singer (Supernatural)

Jennifer337
First Anime: Code Geass

Postby Jennifer337 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:47 pm

TidusxSeymour wrote:Ok. I have a bit of a problem with the schedule. There are a lot of series that you normally see cosplayed every year at Youmacon that have absolutely no photo shoot scheduled. Kingdom Hearts was actually requested, and it's not even on the schedule. I didn't ask, because I'm not planning to cosplay it, but I know people who are. Tiger and Bunny was requested no less than 3 times, and I'm just curious as to why there is no BBC shoot. There's quite a few time slots that have nothing in them. Yu-Gi-Oh and Naruto were also asked for. I just thought I'd bring this to your attention. Some really big turn out groups got very ignored in the photo shoot schedule.

This, and I also noticed Bleach is nowhere on the list and while I've never attended that shoot myself, there's always seemed to be a lot of Bleach cosplayers.

There's nothing that can really be done now I'm assuming, but I'm surprised by how many of the more popular/big series aren't on the schedule this year.
Cosplays
2010: Reno (Final Fantasy VII)
2012 + 2013: Izaya Orihara (Durarara!!)

AlucardsDarkness
First Anime: Dragonball

Postby AlucardsDarkness » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:30 pm

I was pretty thrown off aswell. I always see one in the forums or the photoshoot actually happening. And here I finally get a KH based outfit ready to figure out where the photoshoot is and what-not and sure enough theres no scheduled photoshoot :/ just my kinda luck. Oh well atleast Im meeting a bunch of KH cosplayers on here to meet up with and stuff (if their willing to). I wonder if the Terra, Siax, and Vanitas cosplayers will be there again this year.

Jennifer337
First Anime: Code Geass

Postby Jennifer337 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:15 pm

Oh, and just a quick note: you have Attack on Titan written as being from 4-5 while the schedule has it down for 5-6.
Cosplays
2010: Reno (Final Fantasy VII)
2012 + 2013: Izaya Orihara (Durarara!!)

cactusmomma
Guest Relations Staff
First Anime: Speed Racer

Postby cactusmomma » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:05 am

The reason why there are less photoshoots scheduled for the book is because programming could only list 4 places this year. We were only able to put down the shoots that were most relevant to programming. This is not to say that your gatherings can't happen at all still, you'll have to get their times and places out by word of mouth though.
Guest updates and random con shenaniganry: http://beegobuzz.tumblr.com

TidusxSeymour
First Anime: Project A-Ko

Postby TidusxSeymour » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:29 pm

There are a whole lot of time slots with zero photo shoots listed. These time slots aren't late at night, or early in the morning either. Also, how is Kingdom Hearts, one of the biggest cosplay turnouts, not relevant? Same with Naruto. Major series should always have photo shoot times.
Cosplays planned for Youmacn 2013

-Turkey (Hetalia)
-The Hulk
-Bobby Singer (Supernatural)

simply_mad
Live Programming Staff
First Anime: Digimon, My Neighbor Totoro, Fullmetal Alchemist

Postby simply_mad » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:24 pm

At this point, we may as well stop complaining. Make a PSA to your fandom and set up your own shoot.

herenity86
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby herenity86 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:50 am

The rare/obscure/original photoshoot is that still going on today at 11?

Return to “2013 Memories”