Tabletop Gameroom 2013

Includes tabletop gaming and tournaments.

Moderators: Jenieve, Public Moderators

heavens-punisher
First Anime: either Voltron or Sailor moon

Re: Tabletop Gameroom 2013

Postby heavens-punisher » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:28 pm

but trading is allowed correct? like MTG

Ted_ursus
Tabletop Staff
First Anime: Grave of the Fireflies

Postby Ted_ursus » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:37 pm

No, card trading is still not permitted in the game room. Because of our limited space, we would like tables used for gameplay only. If you intend on trading, please use your hotel rooms or unused space such as the Winter Garden or Food Court.

cascade
First Anime: pokemon

Postby cascade » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:03 pm

Ted_ursus wrote:No, card trading is still not permitted in the game room. Because of our limited space, we would like tables used for gameplay only. If you intend on trading, please use your hotel rooms or unused space such as the Winter Garden or Food Court.
dude...wtf?! no trading in the TABLETOP GAMING room...really? trading is half the point of even getting into games like Yu-gi-oh and MTG.
06: Pokemon Trainer
08: Yugi Moto
11: Edward Elric
12: Vampire Hunter D

Jenieve
Tabletop DH

Postby Jenieve » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:54 pm

cascade wrote:
Ted_ursus wrote:No, card trading is still not permitted in the game room. Because of our limited space, we would like tables used for gameplay only. If you intend on trading, please use your hotel rooms or unused space such as the Winter Garden or Food Court.
dude...wtf?! no trading in the TABLETOP GAMING room...really? trading is half the point of even getting into games like Yu-gi-oh and MTG.

We have not had trading since we were in troy. We don't have the space. Plus we have had people in the past try to sell cards and almost get us shut down by the cops for gambling. So no trading in the tabletop room.

heavens-punisher
First Anime: either Voltron or Sailor moon

Postby heavens-punisher » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:25 pm

Jenieve wrote:
cascade wrote:

We have not had trading since we were in troy. We don't have the space. Plus we have had people in the past try to sell cards and almost get us shut down by the cops for gambling. So no trading in the tabletop room.
but we can trade like outside the room and such right? i see that happen quite a bit

Jenieve
Tabletop DH

Postby Jenieve » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:31 am

We have not had trading since we were in troy. We don't have the space. Plus we have had people in the past try to sell cards and almost get us shut down by the cops for gambling. So no trading in the tabletop room.[/quote]but we can trade like outside the room and such right? i see that happen quite a bit[/quote]
What goes on in the common areas of the hotel goes on. As long as it is not in the gameroom or blocking the doorways to the gameroom I am fine with it.

cascade

Postby cascade » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:54 pm

i see people trading in tha halls all the time so thats what im doing

AngelFyre
Tabletop Staff
First Anime: Howl's Moving Castle

Postby AngelFyre » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:43 pm

The hallways outside the tabletop gaming room are not our jurisdiction. However, if the fire marshal finds cause for concern with you blocking the hallways, it is their choice if they would like to have you incarcerated.

akimao
Volunteering Staff
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby akimao » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:05 am

I've read the posts in this thread and am really sad to see the size of the game room go down. In previous years, I've spent most of my con time taking pictures and lurking around the Artist Alley. Last year I meandered my way into the gaming room, and found it to be quite enjoyable. I spent some time playing Catan-including the Star Trek Catan-and hope to play it again this year. I've also been introduced to the game Munchkin and am glad to hear that it will be available to play!

However, I am concerned by the size of the room. Last year I was in the group of people playing werewolf almost non-stop (I was the female red scout from TF2). I know that this game takes up a lot of room and that it generally picked up players around 11-12. Will the sizing of the room mean that its unavailable to play? Or will it be played later in the evening/morning like last year. I made a couple friends playing that game and we were planning on meeting up this year to play it again.

Jenieve
Tabletop DH

Postby Jenieve » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:17 am

akimao wrote:I've read the posts in this thread and am really sad to see the size of the game room go down. In previous years, I've spent most of my con time taking pictures and lurking around the Artist Alley. Last year I meandered my way into the gaming room, and found it to be quite enjoyable. I spent some time playing Catan-including the Star Trek Catan-and hope to play it again this year. I've also been introduced to the game Munchkin and am glad to hear that it will be available to play!

However, I am concerned by the size of the room. Last year I was in the group of people playing werewolf almost non-stop (I was the female red scout from TF2). I know that this game takes up a lot of room and that it generally picked up players around 11-12. Will the sizing of the room mean that its unavailable to play? Or will it be played later in the evening/morning like last year. I made a couple friends playing that game and we were planning on meeting up this year to play it again.

Werewolf will be played. As always it is run after 10pm because it is not right for a younger audience. The only things we lost this year by being put in a smaller space are the open game tables.

AngelFyre
Tabletop Staff

Postby AngelFyre » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:55 pm

akimao, i'm the one that ran werewolf the night we played like 6 games in a row or something like that (i was Fluttershy, n will be again Saturday night)...and i'm totally looking forward to running it every night at midnight! hope to see you there :)

akimao
Volunteering Staff
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby akimao » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:56 pm

AngelFyre wrote:akimao, i'm the one that ran werewolf the night we played like 6 games in a row or something like that (i was Fluttershy, n will be again Saturday night)...and i'm totally looking forward to running it every night at midnight! hope to see you there :)

I remember you! You did such a great job running the games. As far as I know the Riddler and 'Brony' from our games last year should be joining us again this year. Depending on when/where I have to staff this year depends on what time I will get there though. I won't miss it for the world! (This year I'm dressing as the character from Journey, its the same as my avatar here.)

cascade

Postby cascade » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:26 pm

no trading and no open gaming tables?

no offense but it sounds like Table Top gaming is lacking this year

Jenieve
Tabletop DH

Postby Jenieve » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:21 pm

cascade wrote:no trading and no open gaming tables?

no offense but it sounds like Table Top gaming is lacking this year

There hasn't been trading in the gameroom since we moved to the ren cen. As for open gaming there is no space in the room for it this year. The wintergarden is not far from the room and you can game there just as you would have if we had open gaming.

AngelFyre
Tabletop Staff

Postby AngelFyre » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:00 am

akimao wrote:
AngelFyre wrote:akimao, i'm the one that ran werewolf the night we played like 6 games in a row or something like that (i was Fluttershy, n will be again Saturday night)...and i'm totally looking forward to running it every night at midnight! hope to see you there :)

I remember you! You did such a great job running the games. As far as I know the Riddler and 'Brony' from our games last year should be joining us again this year. Depending on when/where I have to staff this year depends on what time I will get there though. I won't miss it for the world! (This year I'm dressing as the character from Journey, its the same as my avatar here.)

thank you so much! it was my first time GM'ing, and i was nervous...i'm so glad you guys will be back...we will have an awesome game this year :D

Return to “Tabletop Gaming”