Tabletop Gameroom 2013

Includes tabletop gaming and tournaments.

Moderators: Jenieve, Public Moderators

Ace_Akita
First Anime: Yugioh

Re: Tabletop Gameroom 2013

Postby Ace_Akita » Fri May 31, 2013 10:43 pm

I play Yugioh and MTG, but recently I was introduced to Vanguard. I have been having a hard time finding card shops not only to buy new card packs, but also to participate in tournaments (I was introduced while at college in Hawaii). So I'd love to know if there will be a tournament like last year (I missed it because I didn't even know about it) and if there will be a vendor that will be selling the cards.

Thanks
'You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it." - Robin William

YoumaCos 2013:

Thursday- probably nothing
Friday:Saber from Fate Stay Night
Saturday: Tsubaki from Soul Eater
Sunday: ?

Radman
First Anime: DBZ

Postby Radman » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:51 pm

The only 'battle' card game I got is YuGiOh, but it's a deck I haven't updated in years. I do have a BIG selection of board and other card games, such as:
Betrayal at House on the Hill
Scotland Yard
Citadels

And that's only a select few. I hope to get to play a lot while there! :twi:

heavens-punisher
First Anime: either Voltron or Sailor moon

Postby heavens-punisher » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:47 am

pokemon. we need a pokemon table. last year i brought my cards and all but there was no table to play pokemon :geek:

Radman

Postby Radman » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:01 pm

Funny thing. I only have YuGiOh cards, but I keep them in a Pokemon deck book. :geek:
If they do have a pokemon table, I'd like to watch. I haven't seen a game of that in forever.

Jenieve
Tabletop DH

Postby Jenieve » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:55 pm

heavens-punisher wrote:pokemon. we need a pokemon table. last year i brought my cards and all but there was no table to play pokemon :geek:

We have had tables in the past for pokemon (5 years in a row) with no one at them. Last year was the first time we didn't have a table. You are the first to ask in a long time for a table. We will have to see what we have room for this year as we are being moved to a smaller space this year.

heavens-punisher
First Anime: either Voltron or Sailor moon

Postby heavens-punisher » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:42 pm

Jenieve wrote:
heavens-punisher wrote:pokemon. we need a pokemon table. last year i brought my cards and all but there was no table to play pokemon :geek:

We have had tables in the past for pokemon (5 years in a row) with no one at them. Last year was the first time we didn't have a table. You are the first to ask in a long time for a table. We will have to see what we have room for this year as we are being moved to a smaller space this year.
i recently got back into pokemon and why are we getting a smaller room? the size of that room was perfect

Azure
First Anime: School Rumble

Postby Azure » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:50 pm

I just started playing Cardfight Vanguard this year and it seems theres no shops around me that sell cards or host tournaments :( . Hopefully we can get a few games started this year, maybe even have some boosters for sale in the dealers room :wink:

Jenieve
Tabletop DH

Postby Jenieve » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:20 pm

Azure wrote:I just started playing Cardfight Vanguard this year and it seems theres no shops around me that sell cards or host tournaments :( . Hopefully we can get a few games started this year, maybe even have some boosters for sale in the dealers room :wink:

We had vangard last year. Working on getting the rep back this year.

Dragonmaster073

Postby Dragonmaster073 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:08 pm

I would like to see more dedicated tables for certain games. A lot of the time my group of friends and I couldn't play our game because there were not any "reservable tables" available, even though there were on average 10-20 open tables available for "library checkout" that we were not allowed to use. Yet when we went out into the out of the way floor space outside the tabletop gaming room, we were told to move our gaming to the tables inside, but we couldn't do that because the people there refused to let us use any of the empty tables....

Jenieve
Tabletop DH

Postby Jenieve » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:34 am

Dragonmaster073 wrote:I would like to see more dedicated tables for certain games. A lot of the time my group of friends and I couldn't play our game because there were not any "reservable tables" available, even though there were on average 10-20 open tables available for "library checkout" that we were not allowed to use. Yet when we went out into the out of the way floor space outside the tabletop gaming room, we were told to move our gaming to the tables inside, but we couldn't do that because the people there refused to let us use any of the empty tables....

We never have had 10-20 open tables let alone library tables to play on. Last year our room as a whole had 25 tables for game play and demos. I am sorry if there was not space when you came in to play but this year we are being moved to a room that is a third of what we had last year and there will be no open tables til maybe midnight when demos are done for the day.

Jenieve
Tabletop DH

Postby Jenieve » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:27 pm

Ok so as has been stated a few times on here the Tabletop Game room is being moved next to VAT for this year only so we are going from 8,000 sq ft to 3,000 sq ft. As such we have had to cut a few things that we had wanted to do for this year.

We will have reps from Steve Jackson Games, Atlas Games, Twilight Creations, Mayfair Games, Looney Labs, Playroom Entertainment, Glacial Fox Studios, and Wiz Kids. Besides these reps we will also have MTG, Battletech, D&D, and Cardfight Vangard. There will also be Paint and Take as well as Stitch and B**ch for you who are crafty. We will again host our favorite dealers Guild House so you can get your games and anime itches filled 24 hours a day.

We also have over 250 games in our check out library for you to borrow to try on your own.

Can't wait to see you at con.

Dragonmaster073

Postby Dragonmaster073 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:36 pm

Jenieve wrote:
Dragonmaster073 wrote:I would like to see more dedicated tables for certain games. A lot of the time my group of friends and I couldn't play our game because there were not any "reservable tables" available, even though there were on average 10-20 open tables available for "library checkout" that we were not allowed to use. Yet when we went out into the out of the way floor space outside the tabletop gaming room, we were told to move our gaming to the tables inside, but we couldn't do that because the people there refused to let us use any of the empty tables....

We never have had 10-20 open tables let alone library tables to play on. Last year our room as a whole had 25 tables for game play and demos. I am sorry if there was not space when you came in to play but this year we are being moved to a room that is a third of what we had last year and there will be no open tables til maybe midnight when demos are done for the day.

I can understand that a downsize in space will resort to fewer tables, but not having any open tables for other games until midnight because of demos? Youmacon is not Gencon.... I know a lot of people come in to the table top gaming room looking to play the games that they already play with their friends/people they meet. While I understand that having Reps means you have obligations to give them timeslots, I also think it is important to give your attendees who have no interest in the new games the space to be able to play as well. Otherwise you are preventing an large portion of attendees from being able to do the things that they want to do during the con... Either that, or find a different space for free play to be available.

Jenieve
Tabletop DH

Postby Jenieve » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:17 am

Dragonmaster073 wrote:
Jenieve wrote:

I can understand that a downsize in space will resort to fewer tables, but not having any open tables for other games until midnight because of demos? Youmacon is not Gencon.... I know a lot of people come in to the table top gaming room looking to play the games that they already play with their friends/people they meet. While I understand that having Reps means you have obligations to give them timeslots, I also think it is important to give your attendees who have no interest in the new games the space to be able to play as well. Otherwise you are preventing an large portion of attendees from being able to do the things that they want to do during the con... Either that, or find a different space for free play to be available.

Our Game room this year is on the 3rd floor next to VAT in the Ambassador Ballrooms. Vat has 1&2 we get 3. There is the Wintergarden right next to us that has tables that you can use to play the games you have brought with you. I am doing the best with the space I have this year. Next year we hope to be in COBO and have 8,000 sq ft to work with. Next year I will be able to bring back the open game tables. Cutting the tables was not an easy choice. I hated it. But I had to do it.

yippee5000
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: speedracer

Postby yippee5000 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:48 pm

Bushiroad.... :peace:
Garp the Fist
Kiato syncronicity v.
Hetalia Imperial Japan
Dieshuu Kaiki..5 versions!
Admiral Sadri Fam
Tomomi Masaoka
Alex Rowe

Okami5567

Postby Okami5567 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:26 pm

I'm up for Pokemon and Weiss Schwarz but Cardfight is a must ^.^ As long as I can secure a room and show up I'll be sure to bring at least six hand made starter decks with me so everyone can join in.

Return to “Tabletop Gaming”