Regrets of Youma 2012?

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our eighth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

YellowPancreas
First Anime: Unico

Regrets of Youma 2012?

Postby YellowPancreas » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:54 pm

This thread has been done in the past too, so I thought I'd start this years up after I could find one. It's a good thread to get the rants/anger/depression out ;)

Was there anything you wish you had done or not done?

For myself:
-As always I regretted not getting my cosplay done BEFORE the convention. Sunday morning I got up super early to finish working on it.
-Ended up wearing my Toph on Sunday instead of Saturday :(
-It was also not complete when I wore it, I got sewn into parts of it.
-I should have taken more pictures
2012 Cosplay & Pics
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... b28453f430
Add me as a friend on fb!

Machi-chan
First Anime: Fruits Basket

Re: Regrets of Youma 2012?

Postby Machi-chan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:59 pm

-Not looking harder for the CLAMP photoshoot.
-Not talking to random people and making con friends! My friend has people she has met at cons that she is now close to and talks to regularly. TONS. I don't really ever do this. I want confriends :c
-Not entering Youma Idol
Check out "idol BEATS Radio", the best place to listen to the Jpop idols of today!
http://idolbeatsradio.blogspot.com
There is a chance to win a free idol CD of your choice (29 choices!) so enter the giveaway by November 10th!

WynterWillow
Fan Art Theater General Staff
First Anime: Cardcaptor Sakura

Postby WynterWillow » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:58 pm

I regret not getting more peoples information. I have to search for a lot of them now. I also regret not going to the maid cafe.
2013 Cosplays
Olivia Kirkland (2p! Rule 63! England [Hetalia])
Maddie Williams (Fem! Canada [Hetalia])

The_Original_UberCuber
First Anime: Dragon Ball Z

Postby The_Original_UberCuber » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:34 pm

It's really weird. This year felt like I did a TON of stuff, yet absolutely nothing at all.
In Soviet Russia, signature reads YOU!

2012 Plans:
Deadpool (with or without Hawaiian shirt)
Naked Snake (with or without Skull facepaint)
Tommy Wiseau

Craig Bayfield
First Anime: Ah! My Goddess

Postby Craig Bayfield » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:09 pm

I regret missing the Dark Hour Photoshoot and night 2 of Mystery Science Theatre 4000.

I regret not having any of my cosplay with me as I was working.

I regret not making solid connections and friends when I was out on my own.

I regret yet another year of looking longingly at the dances and thinking "maybe? Maybe this year I'll try?" and going to bed instead.

KawaiiDesuSunshine
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby KawaiiDesuSunshine » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:17 pm

This was my first con and I regret noty dressing up. I dont know how to make nething but I'm gonna try for ny next con.

Xenes

Postby Xenes » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:53 am

-Even though I was open, it as still my first con and I could have been more open to talk to even more people. I feel like when your by yourself it's a little harder.
-Only got one persons info and wished got more
-Not going to the Mario Party Live After Dark like I planned to.

-losng my classes in downtown Detroit the first night.

Delrian
First Anime: Dragonball Z

Postby Delrian » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:11 pm

Found out there was a Sabitsuki at the con... after the con was over.

SuperSpiralSoul
First Anime: Pokemon and Digimon

Postby SuperSpiralSoul » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:37 pm

Not going to all the panels i wanted to go to. (too lazy to walk to cobo, and poor planning skills)
Not getting the two Ouran voice actors Autographs (Cherami Leigh and Caitlin Glass, for my Ouran Coat which i am having all Ouran voice actors sign, currently only has twins sigs on it)
Not talking to Todd Haberkorn after I said hi to him in the hall. (Really wanted to ask him what kind of mic he uses so i can decide on what mic i want for voice acting)
Not wearing my Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann cosplay longer (i seriously only wore it for a couple hours on friday and saturday. Should have worn it a lot longer, and many expressed their dissappointment for not seeing it over the weekend.)
Not getting more footage of great cosplays. (one, i unknowingly didnt have my batteries charged up, and then i always told myself 'ooo that is a great cosplay! but im doing this, so i will get footage later.' and then never did)
Not socializing as much as I usually do at cons (didnt really talk to anyone other than friends.)
Not staying at the Rave, and not having my Rave cosplay ready. (Usually i go to raves in a EL wire decked out Simon The Digger Cosplay, complete with glowing Star glasses. Didnt get it ready before con, so never happened)
Not doing enough Gangnam Flashmobs for footage/not asking people to play out specific scenes. (my Gangnam video suffered cause i didnt have much footage)

Overall, Con was great! But could have been better if I had stuck with all this.
[center]Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me! Believe in me, who believes in you!

Winter Breeze
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby Winter Breeze » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:40 pm

My biggest regret was NOT having my Lyra cosplay ready by Youma 2012. I found out at the "What the Buck?!" panel that there was only one BonBon, and no Lyra at all :(

Other regrets:
Not getting an autograph from Caitlyn Glass (my 4th year at Youma, and only this year was I ready to get autographs (took a lot of convincing from a friend to do it))
Not taking enough pictures and just remembering that I could take some on the DSi
Not going to enough panels/events like I really wanted to do
Missing out on the Doctor Who panel! ;_;
Not having enough money for dealer room/artist alley :(
Youma 2016
Karkat Vantas [Homestuck]
Bonnie the Bunny [FNaF]
John Egbert [Homestuck]

EveryRoadisanOption
First Anime: Sailor Moon (Isn't that every one's?)

Postby EveryRoadisanOption » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:12 am

Kind of wish I could have gone Saturday instead of Friday (cause, you know all the issues of Friday and being told constantly "well, nothing really happens until Saturday anyways", which was never the case before. Friday felt like Thursday usually does, lol). But all in all, I introduced some one to con and met some cool people (who I regret not getting the info of XP), so I cannot live in total regret!

Sub Zippo
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: Speed Racer

Postby Sub Zippo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:45 am

That despite my efforts, I was unable to locate a Sailor Venus who was willing to do some duet cosplay pictures with my Kunzite cosplay. Maybe I give off a creepy vibe.. :(

That I decided to watch the episode of The Walking Dead I had in my DVR instead of getting into line early Thursday.

That I hadn't stress-tested my video camera and discovered that it was not empty as I in fact believed from my first examination. I should have known a sony device would screw me over. I wanted to record a few more panels than I did.

That I didn't bring my 3ds charger Saturday night. At least I got tons of tags and finished Find Mii 2 standard quest for all its hats, and got all the puzzle pieces.

That I didn't learn the layout for Cobo ahead of time, and that I didn't abuse the escalators to move me forward. **** the walk from the People Mover to the panels is long and hot in a cosplay.

That I didn't bring my Wavebird to play Smash this year.

Not making any con friends, which has never been a good skill of mine..

All of these, of course, are things I regret that I might have been able to do differently, and say nothing of the failings of the con itself this year.
Con pics on facebook http://www.facebook.com/nateyork82/photos_albums
Con videos on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/subzippo

ladysphinx07
First Anime: Tenchi Muyo

Postby ladysphinx07 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:05 am

I regret not printing out the schedule before the con like I usually do! The one time I forgot....

The_Original_UberCuber

Postby The_Original_UberCuber » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:38 am

I do really regret not going to any of SPG's panels, not being able to fully appreciate Nabeshin (having not watched any of his works until after youma) and I really, really, really regret not packing my cosplays well enough or at least testing them all out before. My Snake cosplay started kinda falling apart after a while, I forgot a cup for Deadpool (and got a hole on one of the fingers too) and then forgot stuff for Tommy Wiseau & Otacon.

Ended up just being "That dude with the ivy cap & Water Types shirt" for the weekend mostly
In Soviet Russia, signature reads YOU!

2012 Plans:
Deadpool (with or without Hawaiian shirt)
Naked Snake (with or without Skull facepaint)
Tommy Wiseau

Em0XAlucard
First Anime: Inuyasha

Postby Em0XAlucard » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:59 pm

I clung onto my friends most of the con. Although it is hard to regret that because my friends are awesomesauce, I did not get a chance to meet as many people as I wanted to. Believe it or not, I was quite shy this year. I don't know why. I mostly stayed with them and when I walked around by myself, I was actually looking for one of my friends that I knew. I had the convention blahs.
~Fine night tonight isn't it?~

Return to “2012 Memories”