Con Swag 2012

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our eighth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Craig Bayfield
First Anime: Ah! My Goddess

Con Swag 2012

Postby Craig Bayfield » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:23 pm

So. I always like asking this after every convention. What did you guys pick up this year? Walk away with anything cool or interesting?

Me? I got a Sonic embroidery patch, a Ah! My Goddess Skuld figurine and a commission of two OCs from the artist alley.

Modest little year but I've been a little money drained this month. I wanted to get Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood on Blu-Ray *le sigh*

What did you all get?

SDAnimefan
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Re: Con Swag 2012

Postby SDAnimefan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:34 pm

I got a Madoka Magica and Oreimo - Kirino Figure.

Bought a $20 Grab Bag items below
1 DVD Eureka 7 vol.6
Sugar a Little Snow Fairy Vol. 3 Manga
Micro Man 013 Robot Figure
Little Tiny Figure in a Blue Ball
Hetalia Multi Plate

Lets just say I was a little overwhelmed this year in the dealers room.This being my first year. Need to bring more money next year.

:)

Machi-chan
First Anime: Fruits Basket

Postby Machi-chan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:04 pm

I've never been so happy with something I got from the con.

Ok, background story quick. I passionately collect Japanese Idol Merchandise, most specifically Hello!Project. (Over 300 photos, tons of photobooks, dvds, cds, towels, etc.) and I especially love to collect magazines they appear in.
I never see idol stuff in the dealers room but, in a stack of old magazines for sale, I found a magazine from 2002 containing 4 pages on 2 Hello!Project soloists, and four pages on H!P's flagship group Morning Musume, and it also came with a big sticker sheet of he members and such ;-; <3

I honestly almost cried. I was so so happy. Seriously, I will treasure it forever.
Check out "idol BEATS Radio", the best place to listen to the Jpop idols of today!
http://idolbeatsradio.blogspot.com
There is a chance to win a free idol CD of your choice (29 choices!) so enter the giveaway by November 10th!

Himeno
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: Sailor Moon :D

Postby Himeno » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:28 pm

And a small badge from my friends artist table.

Lina
Video Programming Staff

Postby Lina » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:21 pm

My boyfriend got me a Kirino figma and I got a Kirino figure. There was this one I was dying to get, but I couldn't drop $100 on it. Maybe one day that Kirino figure will be mine. :'(

Youma '12 Cosplays:
Black Canary [DC] - 99%, Rarity [My Little Pony] - 90%, Fluttershy [My Little Pony] - 30%

Avendasora
First Anime: Akira

Postby Avendasora » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:31 pm

I went hoping for nothing more than an S.H.Figuarts Origami Cyclone figure, which my girlfriend tracked down for me easily. Since I also got a cash prize for the calendar contest (though not the calendar... still waiting to hear when I'm going to get that swag, because I'm really looking forward to seeing it!), I spent a little more and got a Youmacon shot glass and a couple of the Tiger & Bunny Half Age figures.

But my very favorite swag was for free - a friend I had met at Youmacon a few years ago printed off my very favorite Yoshitaka Amano artwork in poster-size for me. I got home, backed and matted it, and it's now hanging on my wall where I can gaze at it adoringly every night. =)

And then I also pre-regged for ACen at the roadshow rate, does that count? It was the dealer's room, after all. XD I would also have picked up a Shadow of the Colossus print from one of the artists in the alley, but he couldn't accept cards and I didn't have enough cash on me. :( Hoping I'll see him again at Otakon so I can buy a print or two.

DrDtroit

Postby DrDtroit » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:40 am

One of the free Lain posters (Even if they were free, they're awesome!)
Earthbound poster and a Rena Ryuugu "Got Oyashiro" badge from the AA
Riding Bean dvd (Bleep yes Kenichi Sonoda)
Game Center CX DVD (I love this show so much)
mini fig of Inami from Working!!
Working!! decorative washcloth
Scanty and Kneesocks wallscroll
and my personal gem find: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni official character guide (it looks like it's got seperate sections for the SN AND the anime as well!)

The_Original_UberCuber
First Anime: Dragon Ball Z

Postby The_Original_UberCuber » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:21 am

Mainly what I got this year was:
-A Deadpool hat from one of my friends (who owed me one)
-Those free posters from Funimation
-A really awesome Gurren Lagann shirt with the Dai-Gurren logo on the front and "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?" on the front
-A Gurren Lagann pin the dealer threw in for free
-A really cheap, but awesome Watchmen shirt
-Lots o' pockey I shared with the folks in line with me for Closing Ceremonies
-A video from Jon St John, making fun of my brother
-A doodle another guy in line drew of me
-the noisemakers from Mario Party
-Eight program guides (the gal in the tabletop room said "take as many as you want" so I did)
In Soviet Russia, signature reads YOU!

2012 Plans:
Deadpool (with or without Hawaiian shirt)
Naked Snake (with or without Skull facepaint)
Tommy Wiseau

ki_chan
First Anime: Sailormoon

Postby ki_chan » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:22 pm

Those Who Hunt Elves series boxset
Doctor Who T shirt
Pink hamster kigurumi
Deathnote Mafia

AKADave
First Anime: DBZ

Postby AKADave » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:29 pm

NS Magphone from Kamen Rider Fourze

Nothing else really caught my eye
Click on the sig...You'll be glad you did!!!

Demacrux

Postby Demacrux » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:33 am

Me a little set of Space Invader icon things..I don't even know what they really are but I like them a lot.
Youmacon 2014- Allison Reynolds (Basket Case) - Breakfast Club

EveryRoadisanOption
First Anime: Sailor Moon (Isn't that every one's?)

Postby EveryRoadisanOption » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:00 am

I got some cute pins (including a :kirby: one that I love), a green squid hat that has been the envy of all the freaks and geeks, vol. 1 & 2 of Sailor V (worth it if only because the dealer was so nice/sweet to me. Spent maybe 20 minutes just shooting the breeze with him), some presents, and some awesome Loki swag from AA (one large print, one postcard size, and one cute chibi sticker. Yeah, I'm just another Loki fan girl apparently). A pretty good hail considering I spent well under $60 total. :D

Oh! And all the free funimation posters, including a Tenchi Muyo one that was hidden on the floor behind on of the clerks that I managed to get the clerk to give me.

WynterWillow
Fan Art Theater General Staff
First Anime: Cardcaptor Sakura

Postby WynterWillow » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:30 pm

I brought 3 bags to the con and went home with 5. XD (Though part of that was just me being lazy repacking things.)

Don't feel like having the pictures stretch the forum, so just click the spoiler to see them.
2 tshirts
Hetalia Wall Scroll
Kon Pillow Pet, Prussia Messenger Bag, Prussia Wallet (to use when the one I have now finally falls apart), and canada and prussia buttons.
By the way, the theme is Prussia from Hetalia. I bought 6 things with Prussia on them. My friend thinks I have a problem but all the Prussia cosplayers said they supported my awesome obsession!
A ton of posters, prints, stickers, and other things. Plus I got The Wallflower complete series and Panty and Stocking with Garter Belt complete series.
2013 Cosplays
Olivia Kirkland (2p! Rule 63! England [Hetalia])
Maddie Williams (Fem! Canada [Hetalia])

Ichigo Ikane
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby Ichigo Ikane » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:24 pm

^^ I got lots of cute things.

First was a couple gifts my friend from out of state bought me as an early birthday/Christmas gift. She bought me a Dream Eater bat cell phone charm, a cell phone charm of a little hand painted piggie bell, and a keychain with this cute anime cat making "O_O" and "^_^" faces. She also gave me a bunch of WWE air fresheners.

For myself, I bought a Chibiterasu tee, two plushies from Tasty Peach (The green Meowchi, and the Inukii), as well as a raccoon necklace, as well as I went halfsies on a eevee evolution pin set. Scored a rare find and got a Princess Garnet(FFIX) keychain. Got a Fluttershy necklace too. That's all I can remember at the moment! ^_^
Help my eggs out with clicks! ^^

Wade(Tom Cruz)Wilson
First Anime: Bobobo.....

Postby Wade(Tom Cruz)Wilson » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:56 pm

I got a copy of Redline! (aka the most beautiful anime movie ever created. Guaranteed eyegasms).
"Concussion grenade.... ouch.... healing factor... the old pain receptors... constantly shuffling... letting me... absorb... the blast... but now...

TALKING... LIKE... SHATNER..." - Wadey

Return to “2012 Memories”