Homestuck cosplayers

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our eighth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

PiercetheHeavens
First Anime: Dragonball Z

Homestuck cosplayers

Postby PiercetheHeavens » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:01 pm

I'm sorry if this doesn't really warrant a thread but I really feel like I need to say: You guys were surprisingly AWESOME. I am more of an anime fan and I don't really know much about homestuck, but you guys represented your fandom really well.

I had heard a lot of negative things coming into the con, but I can't say that any of my interactions with any of you were unpleasant in the least. I am very impressed. You guys were numerous, yes, but really friendly and hilarious.

All of the "Bro"s that I met were really cool. That and we both wear POINTY SHADES and that's pretty manly.

To the group that put up with me as I obnoxiously got you together for a group photo for the Mario Party photo-race, thank you. You were very polite and patient with me not really informing you as to what I was doing.

It's easy to find "bad eggs" in bigger groups, but you peeps were hella mature and fun to be around even though I didn't really know many of the characters. Thanks for giving me such a good experience!
Kamina cosplayer, driller of heavens, puncher of unpunchables.

Craig Bayfield
First Anime: Ah! My Goddess

Re: Homestuck cosplayers

Postby Craig Bayfield » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:04 pm

I'd have to agree with that. I've never seen Homestuck and have no real interest in it... but all the troll cosplayers were fantastic. The curly hair, the horns and those glasses all looked spectacular.

Didn't matter which one was being cosplayed or by who, you have my respect... my admiration and in many cases my unreciprocated adoration/affection.

Zimadonna
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby Zimadonna » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:32 pm

PiercetheHeavens wrote:It's easy to find "bad eggs" in bigger groups, but you peeps were hella mature and fun to be around even though I didn't really know many of the characters. Thanks for giving me such a good experience!

This! Some people really didn't like the Hetallia and Homestuck cosplayers because they were probably the biggest fandom in the whole convention. Because there's so many people, there's always going to be assholes. I wouldn't assume all Homestuck and Hetallia cosplayers are stuck up or rude. I just noticed that some people at the con were assuming that.

Tatsu_loves_Akito

Postby Tatsu_loves_Akito » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:52 pm

thank you! We really aren't that bad a group over all so I'm glad that you guys didn't have too many bad experiences.
[b][u]Tentative Schedule[/u][/b]
[b]Thursday:[/b] Iron Man
[b]Friday:[/b] Redcoat England(hetalia)
[b]Saturday:[/b] Mom(Homestuck), Snowman(Homestuck)
[b]Sunday:[/b] Raku(NSG)

MikeyLenetia
First Anime: Dragonball

Postby MikeyLenetia » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:28 am

It was the first time I ever got to cosplay, and I had suspected a lot of people were going to be kinda meh since I was cosplaying a Homestuck troll. Seeing this makes me happy, though. Thank you, and keep being awesome. ^_^

kawaii_yuki-chan
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby kawaii_yuki-chan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:31 am

Wow. I gotta say that seeing this just made me smile!! Its really bummy as a Homestuck cosplayer when other's bash the fandom, yea there are the bad fans but generally the fandom is really fun and WE LOVE PEOPLE!! I know not everyone can get into it and some just DON'T want to read it. But if you ever have the time just give it a try! It is really wonderful, I used to not want to read it, I tried to and I just went "WTF!" But after trying to read again, I GOT HOOKED!

Again I just want to thank everyone for being so humble to us <3
Youmacon 2012
GodTier!John- Homestuck
Shiemi Moriyama- Ao no Exorcist
Mikage- 07-Ghost
Xerxes Break- Pandora Hearts

Return to “2012 Memories”