Con Horror Stories

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our eighth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Moriko Suzuki

Re: Con Horror Stories

Postby Moriko Suzuki » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:14 pm

CrossedCrowns wrote:Not really too much of a horror story, but this made me a little upset.

I was cosplaying Belarus on Saturday. Now, I'm a really shy person, and Belarus really really shouldn't be a character I'm cosplaying. Because I'm too shy to run up to people and chase them and whatnot.

Anyways, I would instead politely walk up to the Russia cosplayers, make sure they saw me, and go 'Oh, big brother! Can I have a hug?"

It worked out nicely for a while. But then I met this one Russia cosplayer that just glared at me and was like 'No, I hate Belarus cosplayers. Buzz off.' ;A;

I've been a Belarus cosplayer for awhile now and I now exactly how you feel. I don't chase anyone around or even approach Russia cosplayers. It's just the fact that Belarus cosplayers have such a bad reputation. Rarely do people come up and speak with me when I am in my Belarus cosplay. They seem mortified if I even walk by them. I have had numerous rude encounters...

But I have gotten used to such behavior. Obviously the real true fans of Hetalia will not treat a fellow cosplayer like dirt. That's how I see it.
2013 Cosplays:
Asuna - Sword Art Online
Nyotalia America - Hetalia
Sasha Braus - Attack On Titan

notshort1
First Anime: Naruto

Postby notshort1 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:25 pm

charon the ferryman wrote:I encountered several rude Homestuck cosplayers who got bitchy with me either because I didn't know who their character was or confused them with another character, or they just ran off on me. The worst one though where a group of two girls who I had been casually talking to for about five minutes, and I was walking off, but then wanted to make one last comment, and they yelled at me that I was making them run late, giving me no indication of it beforehand. I asked their other friend watching to see if she was mad at me and she just responded "I don't know". I'm sorry, if you're going to be a completely uncontrollably bipolar jerk, then maybe you shouldn't attend a social convention.

Also, my shoes were completely obliterated, as was my sideplates. Nothing embarrassing from that though, just gotta remake them.

Although I have no clue who those cosplayers are, I apoligize for them. This is going to sound repeated but, Bigger the fandom the bigger chance you'll run into mean cosplayers. I don't like mean cosplayers. Especially when they are mean to people just asking questions about the fandom. I had a Homestuck cosplayer come up to me and start talking to me and i am like ok I'll talk to this person and then head to the photoshoot. So we were talking and all of a sudden she starts ridiculing my cosplay, and i was also cosplaying homestuck. So i stood up and walked away. I am so sorry for anyone who has to be introduced to a fandom by someone being a jerk.
cosplays:
GT!Dirk (75%)
Sollux (100%)
Dirk Strider(75%)
Hooded Figure (100%)
--
♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓
❑ Single
❑ Taken
✔ Mentally dating Dirk Strider
--
Loading Swag. ████████████████ 99%

artzydancer234
Guest Relations Staff
First Anime: Spirited Away

Postby artzydancer234 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:39 pm

On Friday during the day I got approached by a guy that was kinda sketchy and creepy. I didn't really think anything of it but when I was leaving to go to work he approached me and asked me out right then and there. I declined saying that I was in a relationship (even though I'm not) and went on my way, but when I came back after work he followed me everywhere but didn't approach me since I was with people. It was really creepy...

Then again on Saturday he approached me but he noticed I was with a guy friend and must have just assumed before walking away. I feel bad, and when we talked for a second he seemed like an ok guy, but he was just creeping me out...

But beside for that I had an amazing time and cannot wait until next year!
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Youmacon 2012:
Friday and Saturday: Princess Tutu from Princess Tutu
Sunday: Arrietty from The Secret World of Arrietty

chibimia05

Postby chibimia05 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:24 am

1st a person working the autograph lines yelled at a kid in front of me who was disabled for not following there instructions, it turned out ok though cause I got another staff person to give the yeller a brake.

2nd 2 guys were taking creep-shots of this girls butt because she had little bit of a revealing cosplay, I hate people who try to take creep shots.
chibimia05

amam2217
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby amam2217 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:57 pm

Like many others, I also was upset about waiting so long on for my badge, especially since I was Platinum and was there on Thursday night. I was freaking out because my best friend and I had waited for over three hours and I was worried that we wouldn't get out badges it time. It's bullcrap that the line for pre-reg went by much slower than the one for registration.
Also, last year I was dressed as Alabasta Nami from One Piece and there was this creepy guy dressed as Luffy who kept following me and talking to me. At one point he gave me a hug, and I was freaked out to discover he had a boner. O_O
This year, just as I have the past few years, I was in my pink Mudkip costume when I saw him again, but this time he was a Pokemon trainer! Luckily, he couldn't see my face from underneath my costume, but he still approached me and my best friend and started a conversation. -Shudders-
Nyehehe!

Imri_Courcel
First Anime: Cowboy Bebop

Postby Imri_Courcel » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:12 pm

Well... I ran into pretty much every one of my ex girlfriends... as well as a few past flings... and (I **** you not) EVERY SINGLE TIME they would walk up to me, and completely ignore the fact that my fiance was standing right next to me... and rehash old times :shock: ... I gotta be careful next year...
That which yields is not always weak.

Mike12833
First Anime: D. N. Angel

Postby Mike12833 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:11 pm

You poor soul ;-;
-Youmacon 2015-

--Going to the Anime Convention Reviews meet-up

ArashiThylacine
First Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist

Postby ArashiThylacine » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:41 pm

When getting my badge ($40) I paid with a $100 bill and got just 30 back, then I had to go through all the trouble of getting it back...
Oh and my Undertaker wig got all frizzy. :/
2012: Undertaker (Kuroshitsuji)
2013: hide (X Japan) [kinda failed]
possible future cosplays: Crona (Soul Eater), Nekozawa (Ouran HSHC)
---
"I prefer an interesting vice to a virtue that bores." ~Moliére
---

Return to “2012 Memories”