Con Horror Stories

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our eighth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

bowies in space
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Con Horror Stories

Postby bowies in space » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:27 pm

Anyone have something completely awful happen to them at the con? Cosplay fall apart? Ran into someone you didn't want to see? Fall on your face while going up to see your favorite celebrity?

Let's here what you got!
Friday:Arthur Dent and Daria
Saturday: Miss Spider - James and the Giant Peach
Sunday: Tina - Bob's Burgers

Wade(Tom Cruz)Wilson
First Anime: Bobobo.....

Re: Con Horror Stories

Postby Wade(Tom Cruz)Wilson » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:23 pm

Probably the worst thing I witnessed at the con was the dude that collapsed next to me at the rave. Con staff responded quickly though.
"Concussion grenade.... ouch.... healing factor... the old pain receptors... constantly shuffling... letting me... absorb... the blast... but now...

TALKING... LIKE... SHATNER..." - Wadey

The Cat
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby The Cat » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:27 pm

Here's something scary. Waiting in line for three and a half hours just to get my badge even though we preordered it a while ago. That's ridiculous, isn't it?

And I'm sure a lot of people hated the line for pre-registered badges this year.

ki_chan
First Anime: Sailormoon

Postby ki_chan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:15 pm

The Cat wrote:Here's something scary. Waiting in line for three and a half hours just to get my badge even though we preordered it a while ago. That's ridiculous, isn't it?

And I'm sure a lot of people hated the line for pre-registered badges this year.

Welcome to conventions! Many conventions have just as long lines. Some people waited in line for 6 hours at Sakuracon 2010. They're only human and can only work so fast.

Anywho, my biggest annoyance was running into incredibly rude Hetalia cosplayers twice. Was pushed by some Hetalia girls running through the dealers room. I was pushed again later because I was in the girl's path (it's not like I was in the middle of the walk way, I was off at the side on a corner looking at manga...) and apparently she could not run around me.

charon the ferryman
First Anime: not a fan of anime

Postby charon the ferryman » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:29 pm

I encountered several rude Homestuck cosplayers who got bitchy with me either because I didn't know who their character was or confused them with another character, or they just ran off on me. The worst one though where a group of two girls who I had been casually talking to for about five minutes, and I was walking off, but then wanted to make one last comment, and they yelled at me that I was making them run late, giving me no indication of it beforehand. I asked their other friend watching to see if she was mad at me and she just responded "I don't know". I'm sorry, if you're going to be a completely uncontrollably bipolar jerk, then maybe you shouldn't attend a social convention.

Also, my shoes were completely obliterated, as was my sideplates. Nothing embarrassing from that though, just gotta remake them.
2008 - Steven Stone (Pokemon)
2009 - Ivan (Golden Sun)
2010 - Marth (Fire Emblem)
2011 - RED Engineer (TF2) Emma Skye (Ace Attorney)
2012 - Andre Delambre (Look him up!), BLU Engineer (TF2), ???

Deadend
Gaming Staff

Postby Deadend » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:32 pm

Bohemian Rhapsody. I heard it being played (generally poorly) in Rock Band for at least 5 hours of my weekend.

MonaLisaSmiled
First Anime: Rockman

Postby MonaLisaSmiled » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:46 pm

Ok, first I had to deal with someone telling super false rumors about me. Then I got stalked by someone's ex girlfriend and my friend's girlfriend. Then I had to deal with very rude staff at BK, which almost ended in a fight. Woke several times in my room because I having a bad nosebleed because my roomies kept turning the heat to 85. Then had to put up with some ita skank and her girl posse talking about while they over by the rockband area. Oh, and had to nurse a headache because I got verbally assaulted by someone while I was drunk.
No matter where you are, you can always see the stars~Image

Tatsu_loves_Akito

Postby Tatsu_loves_Akito » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:51 pm

Somebody took my picture on friday and told me they were going to jerk off to it then I saw them later in the bathroom and they started to flirt with me
[b][u]Tentative Schedule[/u][/b]
[b]Thursday:[/b] Iron Man
[b]Friday:[/b] Redcoat England(hetalia)
[b]Saturday:[/b] Mom(Homestuck), Snowman(Homestuck)
[b]Sunday:[/b] Raku(NSG)

Moriko Suzuki

Postby Moriko Suzuki » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:58 pm

ki_chan wrote:
Welcome to conventions! Many conventions have just as long lines. Some people waited in line for 6 hours at Sakuracon 2010. They're only human and can only work so fast.

Anywho, my biggest annoyance was running into incredibly rude Hetalia cosplayers twice. Was pushed by some Hetalia girls running through the dealers room. I was pushed again later because I was in the girl's path (it's not like I was in the middle of the walk way, I was off at the side on a corner looking at manga...) and apparently she could not run around me.

I am so sorry to hear that, but please understand people like that don't represent all of us Hetalia folk. I know we have a bad name, but I just don't want people to dislike the fandom all-together due to some crazies. Every fandom has some crazies... But yeah, I am apologizing on their behalf, even though I do not know who they are.
2013 Cosplays:
Asuna - Sword Art Online
Nyotalia America - Hetalia
Sasha Braus - Attack On Titan

Juni
First Anime: sdh

Postby Juni » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:02 pm

The Cat wrote:Here's something scary. Waiting in line for three and a half hours just to get my badge even though we preordered it a while ago. That's ridiculous, isn't it?

YES! Seriously. I get there on Thursday thinking I'll get the badge I preregged for back in June rather quickly, but noooooooooooooooooooooooooo, 3 1/2 in line next to a screaming brony. That's one scary campfire story, for ya.

ki_chan
First Anime: Sailormoon

Postby ki_chan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:02 pm

Moriko Suzuki wrote:
ki_chan wrote:

I am so sorry to hear that, but please understand people like that don't represent all of us Hetalia folk. I know we have a bad name, but I just don't want people to dislike the fandom all-together due to some crazies. Every fandom has some crazies... But yeah, I am apologizing on their behalf, even though I do not know who they are.

I know you're not all the same, but it's true that all 3 girls who knocked me over were cosplaying Hetalia D: I think it's because Hetalia attracts a significant amount of the younger crowd, and the younger ones tend to be a little more hyped up in the moment and forget to be mindful of their surroundings. Thus, you get the reputation of the fandom. A lot of people at the con are like this and I wish more people would stop, take a deep breath, calm down, and think about how their actions are affecting those around them.

AKADave
First Anime: DBZ

Postby AKADave » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:06 pm

bowies in space wrote:Ran into someone you didn't want to see?

^ Mostly just this. A friend and i were waiting in line for our badges and I saw someone that I wouldn't exactly care to see in this point in time. She saw us, walked up to us, called us assholes, and then left...

Not much of a horror story but it wasn't like I could have just avoided the situation or anything. I was in liiinnneee...which was awful >.>
Click on the sig...You'll be glad you did!!!

Time Lady Katie
First Anime: Sailor Moon <3

Postby Time Lady Katie » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:42 pm

Photoshoots were a mess for me this year, which was a shame because usually they were highlights of cons. Probably my best one was GeekyJuu and I doing a two-person unofficial YuruYuri photoshoot. That was so cool. But Tales' Friday shoot was just sad. Some cosplayers joined two of us and then bolted while we were waiting for more people to show up. We had four, maybe five tops and all but two of us left before anyone took a camera out. It was heartbreaking, because Tales cosplayers are usually some of the most fun for me to hang out with before/at shoots. Final Fantasy was a huge screwup - I didn't have my Quistis wig so I had to come up with something. I know a lot of people liked my SeeD Lightning cosplay, though, and I might actually keep doing it. Lastly, Pandora Hearts, where for the third year in a row details about a photoshoot were either not decided or miscommunicated. I take Alice to every con, and have NEVER been able to go to a shoot with her!
Youma 2014 Cosplays:
Raine, Tales of Symphonia
Chitose, YuruYuri
And Others

Host of: Lily Girls, Talk Yuri to Me, Atelier Juu and Katie

Envisioner

Postby Envisioner » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:52 pm

this wasn't me but there was a guy that was in a wheelchair that he needed. and had to have an elevator called up for him because none was nice enough to let him take there spot. it wasn't a nice thing to see seeing it wasn't a prop and such, like some cosplays that were seen this year that used them as props.
facebook
http://www.facebook.com/Foxcross

shamrock2lilly
First Anime: Sailor moon/ Dragon Ball

Postby shamrock2lilly » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:53 am

My Con horror story...

Um I guess I have a few gripes but this year I think my major one was that I got hurt.
Yup day two as I was rushing around Maid cafe I had a huge blonde moment and stumbled in my 4 inch heels.
I did not land on my face but caught myself funny and twisted my knee a way it was not suppose to twist.
Only four people really saw me do it so I was not terribly embarrassed but more disappointed in myself.
Especially considering I just told some girls who asked "How do you walk in those?"
Of course my cutesy response was "Very delicately using my superior balance and lots of talent."
I know it was my own fault and super stupid of me and I have no room to complain. Should have knocked on wood.

This made my whole con horrible. I usually run around cheerfully assisting everyone and chipping in everywhere.
Instead I could do nothing more than hobble and sit, which drove me nuts, and gave everyone else a jab to throw my way.
I was slow and in pain a good 75% of this years con which I must say destroyed it since every little thing annoyed me after that.

Return to “2012 Memories”