youma 2012 shoutouts!!

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our eighth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Twistedguitar
First Anime: DBZ

Re: youma 2012 shoutouts!!

Postby Twistedguitar » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:22 am

I would just like to start off with a shout-out to EVERYONE! This was the first Youma where no one was being rude or mean. I mean, thank you all and your wonderful personalities and costumes, just :clap:

Alright now for some specific shout-outs:
All the Doctors! And all the Doctors who accepted my Jelly Babies.
All of you who took my picture, and even talked a little bit with me. I was a tad worried there'd be no Master love at Youma.
All of you who attended my panel on Thursday! It was amazing that so many came!
The Ten at the Doctor Who Photoshoot who shook me and surprised me by scooping me up into his arms. I honestly thought that request was a joke. :oops:
The person with the K-9. It just... It was wonderful and I can't wait to see it modified. Just major props.
All the SPN cosplayers. (Especially the Dean and Cas couples, ****! You all were so adorable!) (Also that Dean that was pointing to either me or my friend that was a weeping angel as we were going down the escalator to the food court. I thought you and Cas were going to try to hunt my weeping angel.)
All the Doctors who played along with me aswell.
-The 10 and 11 in the Dealers room
-The 11 that found me sleeping in those comfy blue couches with my friend on Sunday and had a screwdriver battle with me.
The people that me and my friend sat in the pre-reg line with on Friday. You guys were awesome.
The Bellhop Saturday evening who took us to wintergarden (Even though he wasn't supposed too, but a security guard convinced him.) so we didn't have to walk so far to the car with our heavy stuff.
to the Live programming staff who was dressed up as Fionna from Adventure Time and had a panel after us for being such a great person. We were so grateful you found our lost money and kept it safe for when we came back. Thank You! :D
(Edit)
OH! I just remembered!
That group of guys who lead my friends and I to the Cobo Friday! It was very entertaining even if it was a cold walk.
Youma '16 Cosplays:
Fate Series (Stay Night and Zero):
Gilgamesh
(Accompanied by my friend who'll be my lovely Artoria Pendragon)

Panda
First Anime: Dragonball

Postby Panda » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:54 am

Shoutout to everyone the had to get past the panda at Saturday's rave. it was a crazy night and panda will be back volunteering again next year.

KuroroCure
First Anime: Outlaw Star

Postby KuroroCure » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:04 am

Our Empress wrote:
KuroroCure wrote:Shoutouts:

Kain from FF6 (yay!)
Rocketeer cosplayer (my bf was so happy to see you!- he literally jumped out of the chair just to get your pic!)
Spyro the Dragon- thank you for cosplaying Spyro. I was happy to see such a well done Spyro... and glad you were able to see as well!!
Khajit from Skyrim. You're so sweet! Amazing movement in your lower jaw too...
Green fox in military garb on Thursday night. You were so nice and I loved hearing about your Ren Fest experiences.

I'm sure I'll have more....

Anyone that recognized my cosplay... regular Freya's normally pretty well known but since I did the Amano artwork it was a little less known, but to those that did know who I was thank you! :mrgreen:

Do you know who the Rocketeer guy was? He gave the greatest hugs.

I would love to know who he is. My bf took a picture of him and I'd like to give it to him. ;_; if anyone knows who he is, let us know!!
Youmacon 2014:
Saturday: The Nightwalker from Princess Mononoke

AsymmetricalGarbage
First Anime: Death Note

Postby AsymmetricalGarbage » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

LastCallForShaw wrote:I want to give a shout out to those who knew I was Finnick Odair from The Hunger Games, and those who made things less creepy by understanding my whole sugar cubes for your secrets bit! You guys made walking around basically naked, and in that cold worth while.

If you were the one with the sharpied back, you made my day Saturday. Kudos for braving the cold like that. :clap:

roserosered08
First Anime: death note

Postby roserosered08 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:44 pm

To the madoka magica cosplayers

Also the madoka,sayaka, and mami I hanged out with for the anime dating game =) You girls are awesome!

KawaiiDesuSunshine
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby KawaiiDesuSunshine » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:20 pm

The Zelda duh!!! you go girl! lol loloololl :love:

daisuke1200
First Anime: outlaw star

Postby daisuke1200 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:44 am

A shout out to the awsome vincent that kept me company saturday night
the adorable girl who kept hugging me everytime we ran across eachother
the amazing lord death from soul eater! (you were on of my fav's this year at the con)
All the other clouds out there (you guys looked amazing)
and to everyone whom i met, thanks for making the con special for me this year, its one that i'll never forget

Winter Breeze
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby Winter Breeze » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:35 pm

Not sure how big my list of shoutouts will be, but here it goes!

First out, shoutout to my 3 other roomies I roomed with in room 2011 for the weekend! You guys were awesome, even if we didn't talk as much as we would have liked. You all were really nice and fun to be around! And Brofist to Amy! :)

Shoutout to the PewDiePie cosplayer I did not get to meet. I was sad ;_;

Shoutout to the Cry cosplayer! I seriously tried to find you for 10-15 minutes so I could get a picture! I would have shouted to you, but I didn't want to seem like a weirdo! Thank you for allowing me to get your picture! ^_^

Shoutout to the CM Punk cosplayer I saw Saturday afternoon/evening (I think...) outside the Dealer room! I would have asked to take a picture with you, but you were busy I think and I was too shy to ask ;w;

Shoutout to the male!Pinkie Pie I talked with a little while waiting in line for the "What the Buck?!" panel! You were really nice and I regret not having a camera (or my DSi) with me so I could get pictures :'(

And a final shoutout to all the staff and volunteers this year! Especially the intern that was dealing with the autograph lines on Saturday. Wish my friend and I would have thought to give her the Nutty Bars we had in our purses, I think she needed it from dealing with all the stress :<
Youma 2016
Karkat Vantas [Homestuck]
Bonnie the Bunny [FNaF]
John Egbert [Homestuck]

SSunday
Live Programming Staff

Postby SSunday » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:14 am

Twistedguitar wrote:to the Live programming staff who was dressed up as Fionna from Adventure Time and had a panel after us for being such a great person. We were so grateful you found our lost money and kept it safe for when we came back. Thank You! :D
(

You are very welcome!

Ichigo Ikane

Postby Ichigo Ikane » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:27 pm

Winter Breeze wrote:Shoutout to the CM Punk cosplayer I saw Saturday afternoon/evening (I think...) outside the Dealer room! I would have asked to take a picture with you, but you were busy I think and I was too shy to ask ;w;

=3 He was awesome. In character too.

"So, drop any pipe bombs lately?"

"Well, I'm not allowed to go into Canada anymore."

"O_O What did you do?"

"What didn't I do?"
Help my eggs out with clicks! ^^

captainsay

Postby captainsay » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:51 am

Ichigo Ikane wrote:I want to give a shoutout to the staffers that were standing in front of the tabletop room doors dancing and trying to recruit people to go inside. =D They were a lot of fun. Ten times better than the random dancing people holding Little Ceasar signs.

Haha I was one of them! The girl who didn't cosplay. That was probably one of the most fun things but also terribly annoying, ahaha.

Shoutout to the awesome Dr. McNinja. Because he was fantastic.

Also the man in the panda kigurumi who did a sweet dance with our tabletop game sign!

LastCallForShaw
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby LastCallForShaw » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:43 pm

AsymmetricalGarbage wrote:
LastCallForShaw wrote:I want to give a shout out to those who knew I was Finnick Odair from The Hunger Games, and those who made things less creepy by understanding my whole sugar cubes for your secrets bit! You guys made walking around basically naked, and in that cold worth while.

If you were the one with the sharpied back, you made my day Saturday. Kudos for braving the cold like that. :clap:

Why thank you! That was definitely me lol. That cursed sharpie! It would not wash off! My brother called me sugar cube for days! :whyyyy:
aww but reading I made you saturday, made my day today :].

roserosered08
First Anime: death note

Postby roserosered08 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:54 pm

To all the whovians who went to the doctor who panel

To the people who danced gangnam style with me a few times in the dealers room

To all my fellow madoka magica and stein's gate cosplayers

To all the people I ran into

Also to the people who knew me as lina inverse and didnt mind taking their food and running off *I gave it back >.>* XD

SuperSpiralSoul
First Anime: Pokemon and Digimon

Postby SuperSpiralSoul » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:01 pm

Shoutout to all the people that participated in my Gangnam Flash mob outside! Thanks for the good times and the awesome footage! (i was the Kyoya filming, with the boombox)
[center]Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me! Believe in me, who believes in you!

Mustanghugger
First Anime: Soul Eater

Postby Mustanghugger » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:42 pm

The guy dressed as Steve from Blue's Clue's made my entire night. He was so in character and so cute! I saw him in the game room and shouted "Hi Steve" and waved. He waved back enthusiastically. It was fantastic :]

Return to “2012 Memories”