2012 Calendar Contest Winners

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our eighth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

MagiusT
Vice Con Chair / Live Programming DH

2012 Calendar Contest Winners

Postby MagiusT » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:31 pm

Well here you go, the winners from this years calender contest. I'm going to list the handle, of the people who won and give a brief description of the picture. I am currently missing the emails of 3 of the entrants. They are as follows: Zhelly and Hythe, Melima, and KoriStarfire. You may also see a few ???'s as well. This is where not all the information was provided to me. Winners will be able to claim their prize at the Live Programming Ops room (Monet - 4th floor RenCen) as early as Friday afternoon of the convention. We had about 50 entries that survived the initial print screening process this year. I want to thank everyone for their wonderful entries. Now in no particular order, the winners.

Photographer: Elemental Cosplayers: Straywind Costume: Snow White from Snow White & The 7 Dwarves
Photographer: Elemental Cosplayers: Zhelly and Hythe Costume: Mytho and Kraehe from Princess Tutu
Photographer: Michael Schafer Cosplayers: Melima Costume: Rikku from Final Fantasy X
Photographer: Thea Beddes Cosplayers: Andrea Hartmann Costume: Kain Highwind from Final Fantasy IV
Photographer: Jack Liu Cosplayers: Kyle Breen Costume: Mako from Avatar: Legend of Korra
Photographer: Colleen Tappel Cosplayers: Jared and Allie Costume: Sniper and Scout from Team Fortress 2
Photographe: Colleen Tappel Cosplayers: Phil Costume: Lelouch from Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion
Photographer: AvatarZara Cosplayers: KoriStarfire, Chinasaur, CourtoonXIII, Sirene, and Solo-dono Costume: Vidia, Silvermist, Tinker Bell, Fawn, and Terence from Tinkerbell
Photographer: Elemental Photography Cosplayers: LividDoll, Remie, Avianna, Veence, Daguru Costume: Ayeka, Washu, Ryoko,
Tenchi, Yosho from Tenchi Muyo!
Photographer: Keith Klitses Cosplayers: Celeste Orchid Costume: Pisces Aphrodite from Saint Seiya
Photographer: Kevin Chan (Solartempest) Cosplayers: Takamiya Sakura Costume: Sakura from Tsubasa -RESERVoir ChroNiCLE-
Photographer: Wndy Zishka Cosplayers: Samaru Costume: Snow from Final Fantasy 13
Photographer: Jack Liu Cosplayers: Vickybunnyangel & Kurai Hisaki Costume: Homura & Madoka from Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Photographer: Jack Liu Cosplayers: Attyca Costume: Lin Bei Fong from Avatar: Legend of Korra

Elemental

Re: 2012 Calendar Contest Winners

Postby Elemental » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:48 pm

Zhelly and Hythe were entered by me (Amanda Irwin/Elemental). Do you need their emails to ensure I have permission to submit the image (I didn't send any in for the Snow White image).
My email is incidental.girl@gmail.com if you need to reach me.
Falling can be flying - if you're looking up.

Miki_KM
First Anime: Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics, Sailor Moon

Postby Miki_KM » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:22 am

Hi, KoriStarfire here, I don't know why the info wasn't there or that the info you do have for my photo is all goofed up especially since someone from the contest sent me an e-mail asking for more info on that group photo so here it is a 2nd time:
Vidia: KoriStarfire
Silvermist: Chinasaur
Tinker Bell: CourtoonXIII
Fawn: Sirene
Terence: Solo-dono

PHOTOGRAPHER: AvatarZara

Sorry for all the troubles this year.
Also, I PMed about my e-mail address cause I don't like posting it on public forums.
Thanks!
KoriStarfire
(The user name I have on these forums pre-dates my cosplay days! #ImOld)

Zexy

Postby Zexy » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:59 am

Hey, Zhelly here!! Gonna PM my email address as well. :*) Thanks, Elemental and judges! Excited to be included in the calender again this year!

MagiusT
Vice Con Chair / Live Programming DH

Postby MagiusT » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:36 pm

Yeah, I had assumed you would all pm me your email addresses.

Straywind
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby Straywind » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:26 pm

Not that I take any credit since Elemental submitted the entry and won, but was my Cosplay name spelled "strawind" in the calendar? That would be a typo. It should be Straywind for the Snow White picture. Just thought I would double check. ^^;
Costumes for Youmacon 2012: Sherry - Resident Evil 6, Sailor Moon, Integral - Hellsing, Halloween Witch Rei - Evangelion, Zoey - Left 4 Dead

alucardleashed
First Anime: macross

Postby alucardleashed » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:02 pm

So it looks like the calender wasn't available for pickup OR for sale during Youmacon weekend (due to printing delays, I was told). What can we do to get our free calender, and also to order more for friends, family, etc.?

Melima331
First Anime: Inuyasha

Postby Melima331 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:03 pm

I was told they may be able t mail our calendars. Do you want our addresses emailed/pmed?
2015 Possible cosplays:
Kitana (Mortal Kombat X), Daenerys, Catwoman, Baby Doll (Sucker Punch), FFX Rikku, Sailor Mars (Fan art version)

Cosplay page: www.facebook.com/melimacosplay

Miki_KM
First Anime: Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics, Sailor Moon

Postby Miki_KM » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:44 am

Is that what happened? :( It would be very kind if Youmacon would mail out calendars. Please consider this option, Youmacon! And maybe open up sales on the internet since you were unable to sell calendars at the con.
KoriStarfire
(The user name I have on these forums pre-dates my cosplay days! #ImOld)

invalidname
First Anime: Kimba the White Lion

Postby invalidname » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:03 pm

The winning cosplays sound great, but the calendars weren't available yet when I went to the Youmacon table in the Dealer's Room. Sure hope they're soon made available some other way, like via the website.

Avendasora
First Anime: Akira

Postby Avendasora » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:11 pm

Probably Youmacon has booths at other regional cons that they might sell merch at too... but yeah, it is too bad people at Youmacon couldn't buy the Youmacon calendar. Online sales would be nice... and either way, I'm just happy to know they liked one of my pics enough to choose it. =) Seeing it in print, whenever they can be mailed, is going to be fun.

Melima331
First Anime: Inuyasha

Postby Melima331 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:02 pm

Is there any word on if the calendars were printed yet? No rush or anything, I was just wondering if their were any updates.
2015 Possible cosplays:
Kitana (Mortal Kombat X), Daenerys, Catwoman, Baby Doll (Sucker Punch), FFX Rikku, Sailor Mars (Fan art version)

Cosplay page: www.facebook.com/melimacosplay

gman
First Anime: Gurren Lagann

Postby gman » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:07 pm

I as disappointed as well that the calendars could not be purchased at last years Con for this calender year. The calender is the one purchase I make a point to seek out. I too hope the staff will put up calendar sales on their website. I would buy one.

Return to “2012 Memories”