parking: Holiday inn express

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our eighth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

alva
First Anime: tenchi muyo

parking: Holiday inn express

Postby alva » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:46 pm

This is the first time i'm parking at the holiday inn and they only have valet parking. Is there somewhere near the hotel i can park that is cheap and has overnight parking? I looked on google maps and found a parking lot right across from the hotel, will that lot have a youmacon discount or am i just getting my hopes up and i just have to buy $80 for valet parking?

ngsilver
Fan Art Theater DH
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Re: parking: Holiday inn express

Postby ngsilver » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:01 pm

The only lots with a chance of having youmacon rates that I know of will be the ones around the RenCen.

Sally

Postby Sally » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:59 pm

You could just park at the RenCen the whole time and take the People Mover or walk to and from the Holiday Inn.

I also looked on a Parking app on my phone and they say that overnight parking for the Holiday Inn is $10 a night. I don't think that it's valet.

Sally

Postby Sally » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:23 pm

Just kidding, Holiday Inn only has valet parking.

Well then, if you want your car to be parked by the Holiday Inn overnight, but you don't want to pay $80 for the whole weekend, here is what you do.

When you get there on Thursday, park in the garage on Michigan Ave across from the hotel. A half hour in there will cost $4. Then when you are settled and go back to the convention, drive to the Ren Cen and park there. Then when you are ready to go to bed, drive back to the Holiday Inn and pay the $10 for less than 12 hour valet parking. Make sure you get up early enough to drive back to the Ren Cen for cheaper parking. Just do this every night if you don't want to pay $80. It will cost more like $40 for you to do it this way.

Or, like I said earlier, you can keep your car at the Ren Cen the whole time and just walk to the Holiday Inn. Or you can park at Combo the whole time if you want your car to be closer to the hotel but not valeted.

Hope this helps!

Aeithia

Postby Aeithia » Thu May 16, 2013 11:35 am

Don't stay at the HI Express, management stole $300 from us last year for damages that another room did :x

2016 Lineup:
Daenerys Targaryen (Game of Thrones)
Babydoll (Sucker Punch)
Sailor Venus (Sailor Moon)
Harley Quinn (Suicide Squad)

Return to “2012 Memories”