My Youmacon 2011 memory

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our seventh year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Msanimewatcher
First Anime: Sailor Moon

My Youmacon 2011 memory

Postby Msanimewatcher » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:04 pm

It was last year of november. Youmacon arrived in to the city of detroit. This was my second time going to youmacon that year. I had trouble getting transportation to go all three days of the con. Eventually I went and I brought my mom who's in her mid forties. She took me because my father couldn't due to working. Since this was her first time going to a anime con, she didn't know what to expect. She gave me some money to go into the dealer's room to buy stuff. When I came back, she told me everyobody near the dealer's room was yelling BUTTSCRATCHER. I was laughing so much. Like my dad, she thought the anime con was weird and odd. Because of this, my mom doesn't want to go to youmacon this year.

yippee5000
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: speedracer

Re: My Youmacon 2011 memory

Postby yippee5000 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:06 pm

Three years ago I ended up taking my daughter to the first Youmacon at the Ren Cen because my wife (having gone the first day) didn't want to go back..... Through together a minimal Cosplay overnight (my flight suit from my volunteering) and went with her the next 2 days...So here's were our stories differ...I loved it!! :brofist: the creativity shown by so many con=goers was (and is) amazing! Long story short this will be my third year with both my daughters and though we all have cosplays I have ....8 :hohoho: and I've had a hand in working on theirs as well......Tell your mom this...or give your dad another try!
Garp the Fist
Kiato syncronicity v.
Hetalia Imperial Japan
Dieshuu Kaiki..5 versions!
Admiral Sadri Fam
Tomomi Masaoka
Alex Rowe

Obsydian
First Anime: Wolf's Rain

Re: My Youmacon 2011 memory

Postby Obsydian » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:54 pm

^Thats so cool that you take your daughters!

I have a story similar to that: My second time at the con, I took a few friends who at the last minute told me they couldn't come unless an adult was there ( :roll: ). So my mother, being an awesome person, volunteered to go. (This was the first year at the Dearborn Hyatt.) There were TONS of joker cosplayers that year, The Dark Knight had just come out, I was worried cause mother wasn't 'fond' of that movie. My mother sat next to the elevators the whole day and just people watched. It was so cute cause at the end of the day she wouldn't stop talking about how much fun the con was and that she had a great time. I have to agree with Yippee5000, your parents could give it another try and see what they think in comparison. Every year is different.
My 2014 Line Up:
Gender Bent Spock
Merchant-Resident Evil 4
Fran Bow-Fran Bow
Amon - Legend of Korra

Return to “2011 Memories”