2011 Regrets?

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our seventh year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Kverda
First Anime: Princess Tutu

Re: 2011 Regrets?

Postby Kverda » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:03 pm

Not giving my number to the guy who asked me to dance at the Lemon Demon concert. He was such a nice guy, and I'm stupid for not having my own number memorized. It would have been nice to have made a new friend. Oh well. Always next year, right?

maryxrawr
First Anime: Inuyasha

Postby maryxrawr » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:15 pm

Allowing myself to be made out with by a random guy at the rave x.x Never again
Youma2013:
Thursday Evening: "Are You My Mummy?" Doctor Who villain
Thursday Night: Saria
Friday: Saria
Saturday: Saria
Sunday: Normal Clothes

EdrickV
First Anime: Robotech

Postby EdrickV » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:16 pm

ki_chan wrote:I regret not shoving those people in the elevator out of the way when I told them (rather loudly), "Excuse me! This is my floor!" :x They wouldn't let me off and I missed my floor. Only good thing out of it is when I was going back down :P the elevator opened, I asked the security dude if it was going down. He said nope, but then shrugged and told me to go ahead and get in and he took me all the way down without stopping for any floors :) But seriously... people need to be more considerate towards those around them. I know its all fun, but there are people around you.

Not everyone is that bad, fortunatley. On one of my elevator rides on Sunday, with a full elevator, a couple people had to get out of the elevator multiple times in order to let other people off, but they did it. So people who happened to be in the back of the elevator still managed to get off on their floor.
Youmacon 2012 Pictures: viewtopic.php?p=266173#p266173
Youmacon 2012 Costumes:
FF1 Red Mage, Pokemon Scientist Trainer from B/W
Pictures include Pokemon, Final Fantasy, CLAMP, photoshoots and Misc. pics

PewPewLazors
First Anime: Mobile Suit Gundam/Sailor Moon

Postby PewPewLazors » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:20 pm

Hmm regrets
-Not talking enough
-forgetting my camera and having to use my phone
-spending too much money
-eating at the rice bowl :P
think thats about it

EyeReaper
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby EyeReaper » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:23 pm

My biggest regrets? I have two
1: Not getting Linkara's Autograph (I seriously don't know what i was thinking then)
2: Missing the Death Note Photoshoot
"Madness or Genius? the only difference is SUCCESS!!" - Taokaka

Epyon2050
First Anime: Doraemon

Postby Epyon2050 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:31 pm

I regret not meeting more bronies.

I regret going to the rave instead of Mario After Dark.

I regret not having the courage to have lengthy conversations with girls.

NemoNowAndAlways
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby NemoNowAndAlways » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:34 pm

Not getting the number of the girl I met at the VAT dance, therefore making me dateless for the rave the following night.

Worst decision ever.

However, everything else about the con was fantastic, so I have no complaints! :)
Youmacon 2011:

Yagura (three-tailed jinchuuriki, fourth mizukage)

ki_chan
First Anime: Sailormoon

Postby ki_chan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:44 am

I regret not finding that Ein plush first before that girl bought it ;[

President_Evil
First Anime: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Postby President_Evil » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:43 am

1. Not talking to ladies what have vidya costumes. Especially the absolutely adorable Chie Satonaka (of Persona 4 fame) whom reduced me to a quivering mass of anxiety whilst on my way to the Persona panel- which was an incredible and undeniably great first panel by the way! If you're reading this, add me? http://www.facebook.com/aredmond

2. Not cosplaying. This was my first convention so I really had no idea what to expect. So I just slapped on a Mario shirt (http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=RB-PLUMBERS&Category_Code=RB) and a ridiculous Mountain Dew hiker's backpack and went to town.

3. Not leaving certain panels sooner. I attended two that were outright horrendous; not naming names but I really should have got up and left.

4. NOT GETTING ENOUGH SLEEP THE NIGHT BEFORE. This almost ruined the con for me. I work late so I sometimes have trouble getting to bed at a decent hour. Next year = chocolate milk and Melatonin the night prior.

Overall though, this was an amazing, practically transformative first Con experience. I'm really looking forward to PLANNING next year out a bit more since I kinda winged it this year. Also, this is my first post; so HIHI!

pikachii
First Anime: Noein

Postby pikachii » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:42 am

maryxrawr wrote:Allowing myself to be made out with by a random guy at the rave x.x Never again

wow, same thing happened to me last year. o.O and you're 15? i was 15 too, lol.

thankfully, i don't think i really regret anything this year though... i just feel it should have lasted longer... that way i would have been able to meet even more people.

sailordeer
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby sailordeer » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:45 pm

-Not being able to attend the Sailor Moon Universe and Naoko Takeuchi panels!! Ugh Originally my group was planning on leaving a lot earlier but my friend's mom was driving us and she had stuff to do during the day so we couldn't leave until about 4pm...

-Not being able to take part in the Sailor Moon photoshoot. I finally got registered at about 7pm and I needed to rush to YoumaIdol right away! @__@ (I was a singing contestant there, if you have any photo/video of me let me know!!)

-Because of arriving so late on Friday, I haven't found any photos of me as Sailor Moon other than the ones I took!
-I regret not being Sailor Moon on Saturday as well cause that would've given me more opportunities for photos in my costume. Rather than changing I decided to be Terezi from Homestuck all day. I was Sailor Moon on Sunday but my group didn't stay very long since we had to leave right away and I don't think anyone took my picture. :C

-I regret not talking to other Moonies and making friends with them. I really do love the friends I made that are part of the Homestuck fandom but I really wanted some Sailor Moon friends too! (I guess what was holding me back was my friend that I came with was also dressed up Homestuck and we just kinda went with that group)

-I regret not taking more photos. Most of the photos I got are just of the Homestuck photoshoot(and I didn't even get that many) and I really should've gotten more photos of Sailor Moon cosplayers!
Youmacon Lineup:
-Marth: 65% complete

Pink Pixie Dust
First Anime: Evangelion.

Postby Pink Pixie Dust » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:06 pm

- Not giving my number to any of the cuties in the game room. Seriously, my friend and I spotted some hunks in there.

- Not having my cosplays together in time! It made me feel cruddy that my cosplays weren't complete.

- Not sticking around Saturday. My friend and I had to leave at 6 p.m. on saturday to go to a party. Everyone knows Saturday night is when all the good stuff happened. I didn't want to go to that stupid party anyway! :x

- Not interacting with more people. I feel soo sad that I only talked to a couple people, and only briefly at that. It's not like I'm shy or anything; I just didn't really seize the opportunity. I didn't get to make any connections, or meet any new friends. ): I wish I had...

Waaaaahhhhh! :cry:

maryxrawr
First Anime: Inuyasha

Postby maryxrawr » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:29 pm

pikachii wrote:
maryxrawr wrote:Allowing myself to be made out with by a random guy at the rave x.x Never again

wow, same thing happened to me last year. o.O and you're 15? i was 15 too, lol.

thankfully, i don't think i really regret anything this year though... i just feel it should have lasted longer... that way i would have been able to meet even more people.

Yes, it was a very bad decision on my part XD Next time, I'm coming with someone so that the temptation will no longer be evident. He kinda latched himself onto me after he asked me to dance, but I didn't make any effort to resist since he was oober cute. XDD Still bad idea though. If he has tattoo sleeves, he definitely too old for me.
Youma2013:
Thursday Evening: "Are You My Mummy?" Doctor Who villain
Thursday Night: Saria
Friday: Saria
Saturday: Saria
Sunday: Normal Clothes

G-Fan
First Anime: Voltron

Postby G-Fan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:51 pm

- Missing the Godzilla panel.
- Missing the Scott Pilgrim panel.
- Missing the Rare/Obscure shoot.
- Not having Reuben Langdon sign my copy of Sengoku Basara.
- Not having anything for Linkara to sign.
- Not buying a copy of Destroy All Monsters while there were still some left.
- Never once saying "YAPPA PIE" when I was the Hulkster.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy."
— Ishiro Honda

Dr. Cube (Kaiju Big Battel)
Hannibal Chau (Pacific Rim)

Pippocola
First Anime: Macross

Postby Pippocola » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:22 am

I regret not talking to many people this year. I did end up having fun, but I know that things will be different next year. Mostly because I won't have to deal with the stress of deploying ever again. I also would have liked to talk to one girl in particular, but I didn't. If I'm still around for next years Youmacon I'll be able to cosplay and do everything I usually do when I go to cons.

Return to “2011 Memories”