Youmacon 2011 Official Feedback

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our seventh year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Soul Eat3R
First Anime: Happy Lesson

Re: Youmacon 2011 Official Feedback

Postby Soul Eat3R » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:04 pm

I don't think this comment got a response so I'll repost this. Some Guest only got 1 Signing session, and if you had other things to do you were outta Luck. I would like to request more Sessions because I missed some of the guests because of that and besides that, we were limited to 2 things, I mean I pay good money to go platnium and it be nice to have a few extra sessions that way if I couldn't make it or I needed to have a extra thing or two signed it wouldn't be such a issue let alone Slowing down the Line and with 20+ Guest and 1 signing, it isn't easy to get to alot of them (except vic he had like 3 sessions) which I understand why though
Attending since 07...YESSIR!!

MissGyk
First Anime: Death Note and Higurashi

Postby MissGyk » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:43 am

Hikaru0 wrote:
MissGyk wrote:Well, the con itself was great, but I had an Artist's Alley issue and I tried to e-mail the Youmacon staff about it and I have yet to hear back from them. ^_^"

If your email is the one I'm thinking of, I'm still looking into getting a response from other staff about your request. I will reply to your email as soon as I get a response.

In that case, thank you very much.
Youmacon 2014:
    Beatrice (Umineko)
    Remillia Scarlet (Touhou)
    Personal **** Tier - Prince of Time (Homestuck OC)

glorwen01
First Anime: Totoro

Postby glorwen01 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:27 am

I LOVED that the con was on the weekend after Halloween (for the first time in a long time)!! It's nice to get to party with my less nerdy friends during Halloween and then party with my awesome friends at Youma. :3

Allenzero1
First Anime: Gundam Wing

Postby Allenzero1 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:56 pm

mgperkow wrote:How was your con this year? Tell us what you loved! Tell us what you hated! What do you want to see again? What would you like to see change? Post your feedback here.

The only complaint I have that could have been way better,
The rooms for the events an such were filled to capacity by lines forming up to an hour before they even opened...
Staff even passed out tickets to them so no ticket no entry?!?
Most of these events turned into a line of people with normal badges about 30 ppl long....
Then maybe 3 people get in after the platinum badges walk past an fill it.

Soul Eat3R

Postby Soul Eat3R » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:48 pm

No LK and T4S Shirts :(

Sally
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby Sally » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:23 pm

Soul Eat3R wrote:No LK and T4S Shirts :(

Because their t-shirt man couldn't make it to the con. :/

Soul Eat3R

Postby Soul Eat3R » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:22 pm

Either try to expand the con into Early Thurday or even Late Wednesday if possible to late Sunday. Or make some Panels real late because there was Just TOO much going on at Once and not enough time to exploit all the things Happening

Sally

Postby Sally » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:16 am

Soul Eat3R wrote:Either try to expand the con into Early Thurday or even Late Wednesday if possible to late Sunday. Or make some Panels real late because there was Just TOO much going on at Once and not enough time to exploit all the things Happening

Even just more panels on Thursday would be nice... not just like 3.

Kagthul
Gaming ADH
First Anime: Mobile Suit Gundam. Yes, the first one; im old.

Postby Kagthul » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:35 pm

Soul Eat3R wrote:Either try to expand the con into Early Thurday or even Late Wednesday if possible to late Sunday. Or make some Panels real late because there was Just TOO much going on at Once and not enough time to exploit all the things Happening

that's just a downfall of having a "big" con.

Try going to Dragon*Con or Otacon... when there are literally 10 things going on at once you want to go to - and probably 30 more things that are going on at the same time you dont care about.

Just gotta pick your choices.

As to extending the con into late sunday - that alone would cost the Con a TON of money - at that point a lot of the subcontractors wouldn't be able to get out of the building until monday, meaning the Con would have to pay them for an extra day, AND pay for all of the con space AND pay for a bunch of staff rooms for that night so they could be there. I dont see it as likely. Earlier thursday is a possibility, depending on how people's schedules work out.
www.Deadstatedesign.com

You should go there and check us out. Maybe say hi on the forums. Maybe convince other cons you go to that they need us. =)

MagiusT
Vice Con Chair / Live Programming DH

Postby MagiusT » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:30 am

Sally wrote:

Even just more panels on Thursday would be nice... not just like 3.

The only reason there is so few panels on Thursday is that 95% of the panelists who apply do not want to run their panel on Thursday. I put every panel I could find willing to run Thursday there. Maybe bonus incentives to run a panel Thursday might be a good idea to give us all more programming.

Shei

Postby Shei » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:58 am

Even having a few panels start earlier on Friday would be good. I know a lot of attendees show up that day and spend time in reg, but that's at every con. I'm almost certain the past few ACen's I've gone to, I've gone to panels that started at noon.
Also, for the panels that filled up quickly, maybe an arrangement can be made where they can have a second panel later in the day or the following day during a not so "prime" time.
Cosplays for Youma 2017!!
Sailor Moon!
Sailor Neptune!
Enma Ai - Hell Girl Mitsuganae

Alex A
First Anime: Dragonball Z!!!

Postby Alex A » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:18 pm

To much to read with little time i have so i will make this short and simple.....sorry if im just doing a repeat of what someone said earlier.

The Game room and Dealers room needs to be bigger!!!!....i felt that there wasn't enough good games either and it didn't matter what time i wanted to play most of the time they were all taken and i couldn't play any games.....the second pretty much ALLLL the people who works at the building itself.....they seemed REALLY rude me and my girlfriend always kept seeing the security YELL and SCREAM at people over the dumbest thing (like not being civil enough) and they actually even scared us. Plus we tried to have a party we weren't loud and no loud music but we were told it was a fire hazard and that we all need to get out.....ok if thats the case im sure i could of went around and found plenty of room (ex. panels, the rave, game and dealers room) soooo NO MATTER WHAT THIS WHOLE BUILDING IN A FIRE HAZARD!!!! I mean i totally understand the amount of space and people leaving the room would be kinda hard but im sure the rave room would have a harder issue and so would other rooms at the con....it was really dumb and pointless to break and party up because there was only 20 people in one room just drinking and talking not goofing off or anything yes we were all 21+.....just saying i thought they would have better things to do other than ruin peoples fun.

BUT I WANT THIS ONE IN ALL CAPS.....WHEN THERE IS A A HUGE CROWD OF PEOPLE IN FRONT OF YOU AND BEHIND YOU.....DON'T STOP! OR AT LEAST GET OUR OF THE WAY!!!! I KEPT FINDING COUNTLESS PEOPLE WHO WOULD BE REALLY STUPID AND JUST BLOCK THE PATH FOR PEOPLE TO MOVE SO WE HAD TO MOVE AROUND YOU!!! it is sooooo pointless to just not move off to the side u see someone u wanna talk to either get by them and talk or move on!! get their number be alittle kind to those who are trying to get somewhere its very annoying to try to move around you while others are either rushing through. I kept getting pushed because other got annoyed of those who were blocking the path, just standing there knowing your in the way but you don't care their lucky i didn't lay them out!

Other than that everything was good, i just hated how everyone there seemed so **** rude, the store hated us because we couldn't afford their expensive stuff sorry im not rich enough -_-
I think its time to party!

Soul Eat3R

Postby Soul Eat3R » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:43 am

Alex A wrote: their lucky i didn't lay them out!

Some Harsh words here and not the best use of words I must say.... Anyways I agree with this except for the occasional Can I take a Quick Pic thing, big deal if you had to wait 5 sec for a Picture. Numbers I can see, Talking I can see, but a quick Picture come on no big deal

Jenieve
Tabletop DH

Postby Jenieve » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:22 pm

Alex A wrote: Plus we tried to have a party we weren't loud and no loud music but we were told it was a fire hazard and that we all need to get out.....ok if thats the case im sure i could of went around and found plenty of room (ex. panels, the rave, game and dealers room) soooo NO MATTER WHAT THIS WHOLE BUILDING IN A FIRE HAZARD!!!! I mean i totally understand the amount of space and people leaving the room would be kinda hard but im sure the rave room would have a harder issue and so would other rooms at the con....it was really dumb and pointless to break and party up because there was only 20 people in one room just drinking and talking not goofing off or anything yes we were all 21+.....just saying i thought they would have better things to do other than ruin peoples fun.

I was given 3 warnings about fire code violations in the tabletop gameroom, They were going to shut me down if there was one more. I even had hotel security kick people out of the hall that lead to on of the tabletop gamerroms because there was a fire hazard. There are rules in place for how many people each room can hold. 20 in a hotel room is a hazard unless you have one of the suites which is made to hold more people.

Sally

Postby Sally » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:20 pm

The room capacity for the Rave in Main Programming is closer to 20,000 people, and considering that only about half of that number even went to the con, and not everyone went to the Rave, the people in the Rave were not causing a fire hazard. 20 people in a hotel room, however, are causing a fire hazard and the hotel really can't make exceptions for that. There's a reason why they don't allow more than 4 people to be registered for one hotel room.

Also if you had bothered to read through the whole thing, if we have Cobo next year, Dealer's will be moved there and Gaming will get the whole space.

Speaking of gaming, however, my boyfriend did complain that there were a lot of first-person shooter games that were all similar to each other and not enough of other types of games, aside from Nintendo games. There were many XBox 360s there but hardly any PS3s, is what he noticed.

Return to “2011 Memories”