Youmacon 2011 Official Feedback

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our seventh year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

User avatar
Chamelion
Platinum Attendee
Posts: 503
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:11 am
First Anime: Project A-Ko
Location: Lansing
Contact:

Re: Youmacon 2011 Official Feedback

Postby Chamelion » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:49 am

tsukeru wrote:I have to step in to say something about the cost about the badge. I would be happy to pay the price of the badge if there were guests there that I actually wanted to see. Dragon*Con, Otakon... all get guest that are well-known (and not so less known). Look at Dragon*Con for example, they had 11+ guests and this is already for 2012!, including musical guests. I know for a fact, that this is what really bugs me about Youmacon. Please, for the love of ****, get a new guest line up list for 2012.


I admit I didn't care for the ... very... slow.... reveal ... of the 2011 guest list....

And if the con has grown as exponentially as it has; some new guests are certainly needed, especially from Japan.

I used the stairs most all the convention so I have very little to say about the Elevators.

The delay in start times was ridiculous, however. Knowing full well that delays happen beyond a person's control, some rules should be put into place for all panels.

1. Panels should end 5 minutes before the next panel's start time.
2. Panelists should be PREPARED. The Anime Name that Tune Panel didn't have working batteries for their buzzers. It's logical to check your equipment and make sure it's ready before you arrive to the room.
3. Besides musical guest sound checks, why not let people begin filtering into the larger venue rooms BEFORE the scheduled 'Start' time of the event. Waiting for all the guests to arrive at Opening/Closing Ceremonies before you let people in makes no sense. If you need to reserve a set of rows for your guests, just have a volunteer or staff direct arriving attendees to the rows behind and to the side of the Guests rows.
4. If there is going to be more space next year for events, put in 15/30 minute room clear blocks between panels and stagger the panels so there's 2-3 going on at all times.
5. The concept of putting two 'popular panels' in the same time slot to split up attendees is cool, but perhaps choose two-three of the more popular panels for two showings, or even back to back showings.. so if the line is cut off, the rest can go in for 'round two'.
6. I know 'Chair set up and take down' has been necessary in the past.. but if there is a way to schedule events that require floor space, back to back, that could minimize the amount of set up/take down time.
7. My first two years at Youmacon, I wasn't a volunteer, but I offered to go into the rooms and help move chairs, set them up and take them down... perhaps asking some people in line to help and in return they can take their seats once set up is done. Could speed up the process.
8. See about streaming events to the hotel TV rooms! Imagine being able to sit in your room for a panel/concert thats filled to capacity and not miss the event at all? Maybe... maybe stream filmed events to the Youmacon web site and only those with paid attendance can access it from their 3/4G phones, web devices or sit in the hotel lobby.
8A. Which brings me to a rather ironic thought.........it's free Wi-Fi in the hotel lobby, and you don't have to be a paying guest to use it.....but you spend $100+ a night for a room and NOW they charge you for net? LOL. Just seems rather backwards to me.
9. PLEASE... whomever is going to plan next year's schedule... take into account the travel time to get from Ren-Cen to Cobo when lining up major events. I know it wont work for everything, but it could ease some tension if people know they have time to make the trek.
10. Personal request; every year it seems the Godzilla panel (which I would like to attend) is ALWAYS placed opposite the Masquerade! Maybe next year place it somewhere else? :)

Notes - I love Mario Party, but I'm finding it becoming a bit boring. I feel the MC and staff running it need to be a bit more focused... getting distracted and not keeping up with the points awarded slows the game down a lot. I am also very open minded, but the After Dark version has gone from being Adult Oriented to down right crude and gross (speaking of some of the videos shown on the screen, NOT the games themselves.) They are not part of the 'party' and more an excuse to show scat porn rather then progress the game. My friend left right after those videos came up, grossed out and otherwise offended. I understand there are conflicting view points on the matter; but just because something is 18+ does not mean to just go ALL OUT. Back to the games chosen... Kudos for the new games this year, both for day and night versions.

I read about the Hentai panel and the underage art.. that's also inappropriate - a few set of guidelines may be necessary for these events.

I never once encountered negative staff, police or volunteers. However, I also don't dress up, so who knows. To think anyone would verbally comment negatively to another cosplayer blows my mind, really.

I hope we hear something about the major typos and mistakes in this year's guide. No description of where Autographs were being held 'at all' isn't very good at all. Maybe a few beta-testers next time? :P

Just some random thoughts.

--C
---------------------------------------
I am an astute observer of the glaringly obvious.
---------------------------------------

User avatar
cactusmomma
Guest Relations Staff
Posts: 521
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:47 am
First Anime: Speed Racer
Location: NW Indiana
Contact:

Re: Youmacon 2011 Official Feedback

Postby cactusmomma » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:31 pm

Disclaimer: This is my opinion as an attendee and not as a staffer.

tsukeru, is there ever anything in life that makes you happy? I'm asking seriously here. I ask, because almost every post I see you make (on 3 different boards over the last..3-4 years almost!) that isn't in a gathering thread is negative, gripey, or just flat-out bi*chy. If you're not happy with something, instead of continually griping, volunteer your time, voice your concerns in a more positive manner... or just don't go. All of your negativity brings people down, whether you realize this or not and I hate to see it happen time and time again.

As far as guests go.. don't forget, larger cons like Dragon*Con and Otakon also have major industry backing for their acquisitions. For Japanese guests, a con has to go through so many hoops to get people over. Dealing with Homeland Security is a pain in the butt. A con has to prove a guest is over on business..they can't just come on tourist visas. Guests can be denied entry if this happens.


Cons:
- Some of the security guards were getting pretty snippy.. but then again, after all they had been through that day, I can't blame them in the least for being short.
- Having to call for the elevators as a disabled person to get to floors 4 and 5. Who do you call for that? I know even when I had a large walking stick and was hobbling like a gimp, they told me I had to call for someone. Could we get a number or some kind of placard designating disabled? Granted, I'm personally not in a wheelchair, but getting up and down those escalators was pretty scary at times.
-Photoshoots. Yeah, there was that little issue with the weekday thing being held in the wintergarden (their food looked so good too..) and that couldn't be helped..but backup locations would be a nice thing to have, especially when people are getting a little crowded into space and end up blocking fire exits just to find a spot to be in. I wouldn't mind volunteering to schedule them for next year, if that's alright. In fact, I would love to schedule the times and places for gatherings.
- Post-con depression: I miss you all! ;_;

Pros:
- Seeing everyone again! Meeting so many new people!
- The diversity in guests. I'm personally very excited to meet and work with dub and gaming guests. It brings an entirely new monster to the table..and frankly, it was an enormous blast! There were so many stories that they've picked up from around the world and as they are more localized, it's a way to bring in more fans to the community.
- The diversity in costuming! I loved seeing things that weren't just anime or gaming.
- Photobomber Waldo: Thank you. You've made a new game for my daughter and I. She likes trying to find you amongst cosplayers.
- Elevators. They were largely pretty alright to make it through to get up the tower.
- DMG and Reuben Langdon's tournaments. I loved seeing the draw they brought and it was so much fun to play against them.

Oh dear BOB:
- To whomever left a bottle of lotion in panel room 5 after the Dramatic Hentai Fanfic Reading panel: Ewwwwww. REALLY!?
Guest updates and random con shenaniganry: http://beegobuzz.tumblr.com

User avatar
Raiji Magiwind
Platinum Attendee
Posts: 1069
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:17 pm
First Anime: Old School Gundam...:)
Location: Macomb County- Metro Detroit area, MI
Contact:

Re: Youmacon 2011 Official Feedback

Postby Raiji Magiwind » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:29 pm

cactusmomma wrote:-Photoshoots. Yeah, there was that little issue with the weekday thing being held in the wintergarden (their food looked so good too..) and that couldn't be helped..but backup locations would be a nice thing to have, especially when people are getting a little crowded into space and end up blocking fire exits just to find a spot to be in. I wouldn't mind volunteering to schedule them for next year, if that's alright. In fact, I would love to schedule the times and places for gatherings.


As I mentioned in my set of stuff, I to would be also be more then willing to help with organizing shoots and gatherings as well...:)
I usually already host several throughout the weekend usually, so helping organize and get them all planned for the whole weekend would be something I wouldn't mind helping with and I'd be happy to help out Magius with this stuff and join cactusmomma in organizing them all. :)
See Magius...ya got two people willing to help you with photoshoot and gathering organization for 2012...;)
Skype: raijimagiwind
Raiji's Scrib'd Shelf
--Go to my Scrib'd for the YoumaLingo Dictionary, Glomp Commandments and other fun stuff...

Zrana
Live Programming Staff
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:16 am
First Anime: SciFi's "Japanimation" block/SailorMoon

Re: Youmacon 2011 Official Feedback

Postby Zrana » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:01 pm

Chamelion wrote:1. Panels should end 5 minutes before the next panel's start time.
2. Panelists should be PREPARED. The Anime Name that Tune Panel didn't have working batteries for their buzzers. It's logical to check your equipment and make sure it's ready before you arrive to the room.
3. Besides musical guest sound checks, why not let people begin filtering into the larger venue rooms BEFORE the scheduled 'Start' time of the event. Waiting for all the guests to arrive at Opening/Closing Ceremonies before you let people in makes no sense. If you need to reserve a set of rows for your guests, just have a volunteer or staff direct arriving attendees to the rows behind and to the side of the Guests rows.


1: If I recall my original training the first time I was staff, we're supposed to give panelists a 10 and 5 minute warning, and end time is 10 til the hour. We didn't have our sign cards this year due to storage eating them sadly. BUt yes, panels ARE supposed to end before the next panel starts.
2: I was the staffer for that panel, and I was unaware there was an issue. I'll admit to being distracted by the one cosplay photoshoot I wanted to go to the entire weekend being held at the same time and running off 5-10 minutes after panel start time (volunteer had badge check under control, panelists had arrived and seemed to have everything handled as well, room wasn't filling up to the point that overcrowding would be an issue). Not sure how I could have corrected the issue any faster, but I'll offer my apologies for not being properly attentative.
3: I like this idea. I did similar for Whose Line to prevent hallway over crowding. With small hallways compared to crowds, it makes sense to do something like this when feasible.

6. I know 'Chair set up and take down' has been necessary in the past.. but if there is a way to schedule events that require floor space, back to back, that could minimize the amount of set up/take down time.
7. My first two years at Youmacon, I wasn't a volunteer, but I offered to go into the rooms and help move chairs, set them up and take them down... perhaps asking some people in line to help and in return they can take their seats once set up is done. Could speed up the process.


Two words for these: Union Rules. The hotel and RenCen are union, and we can't rearrange their rooms, they have to do it. We may be borrowing their house, but it's still theirs.

I just wanted to touch on the things I felt confident commenting on.

Unrelated to the above: I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it if Youmacon got a Japanese guest--or a few so they had people they could easily talk to if nothing else. Yes I know it would be a whole new level of difficulty and cost compared to our current guest alumni list, but I think it would be SO worth it. It might mean fewer guests total, but I don't think overall attendees would mind. That's my 2 cents.
Got Heartless?
*looks up at signature*
...
*cracks up*
Have I really not changed that since 2006?? XD

User avatar
Chamelion
Platinum Attendee
Posts: 503
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:11 am
First Anime: Project A-Ko
Location: Lansing
Contact:

Re: Youmacon 2011 Official Feedback

Postby Chamelion » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:26 pm

Zrana wrote:
Chamelion wrote:1. Panels should end 5 minutes before the next panel's start time.
2. Panelists should be PREPARED. The Anime Name that Tune Panel didn't have working batteries for their buzzers. It's logical to check your equipment and make sure it's ready before you arrive to the room.
3. Besides musical guest sound checks, why not let people begin filtering into the larger venue rooms BEFORE the scheduled 'Start' time of the event. Waiting for all the guests to arrive at Opening/Closing Ceremonies before you let people in makes no sense. If you need to reserve a set of rows for your guests, just have a volunteer or staff direct arriving attendees to the rows behind and to the side of the Guests rows.


1: If I recall my original training the first time I was staff, we're supposed to give panelists a 10 and 5 minute warning, and end time is 10 til the hour. We didn't have our sign cards this year due to storage eating them sadly. BUt yes, panels ARE supposed to end before the next panel starts.
2: I was the staffer for that panel, and I was unaware there was an issue. I'll admit to being distracted by the one cosplay photoshoot I wanted to go to the entire weekend being held at the same time and running off 5-10 minutes after panel start time (volunteer had badge check under control, panelists had arrived and seemed to have everything handled as well, room wasn't filling up to the point that overcrowding would be an issue). Not sure how I could have corrected the issue any faster, but I'll offer my apologies for not being properly attentative.
3: I like this idea. I did similar for Whose Line to prevent hallway over crowding. With small hallways compared to crowds, it makes sense to do something like this when feasible.



1. Ah, then for next year if staff can re-affirm to each panel a 5 minute cut off, that would be good. Even I would think 10 is too much, as smaller panels can tidy up quick.. and new panelists can set up while people are seated. It may not work for larger venues, but the smaller ones it could make for a faster turn around.
2. I'm not blaming staff, volunteers for this 'over-sight'. The panelists should be responsible for having all their equipment functioning before start time. If equipment loaned to the room, like projectors, fail, that is different.. and I should clarify I am not 'complaining' so much as just suggesting that anyone wishing to do a panel, make sure their equipment is up and running before they get to the room. :)
3. I don't know for anyone else; but I find waiting in a chair in the room a bit more comfortable then standing in line 40 minutes past showtime. At least it shows us that there's progress.


6. I know 'Chair set up and take down' has been necessary in the past.. but if there is a way to schedule events that require floor space, back to back, that could minimize the amount of set up/take down time.
7. My first two years at Youmacon, I wasn't a volunteer, but I offered to go into the rooms and help move chairs, set them up and take them down... perhaps asking some people in line to help and in return they can take their seats once set up is done. Could speed up the process.
-----------------------------------

Two words for these: Union Rules. The hotel and RenCen are union, and we can't rearrange their rooms, they have to do it. We may be borrowing their house, but it's still theirs.


Never been a part of the Union of any kind, but I can understand that.

--C
---------------------------------------

I am an astute observer of the glaringly obvious.

---------------------------------------

User avatar
thelaughingfool
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:13 am

Re: Youmacon 2011 Official Feedback

Postby thelaughingfool » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:15 pm

The VAT was WAY TOO SMALL this year. It seemed like every time I stopped by, the place was filled to capacity and then some. I barely had any room to dance during the AMV Wars. I know that Panel 1 is right next door, and with everything going on there they needed extra space, but there wasn't any other placement available?

User avatar
dairylives
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:38 am

Re: Youmacon 2011 Official Feedback

Postby dairylives » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:58 pm

Otakumals wrote:I have to say my only "complaint" of sorts was the inability to find the Artist Alley DH when I needed her (and Con Ops wasn't much help when I asked them to locate her for me). On Saturday there were a few people selling glowsticks in the Alley, and in the contract we signed it clearly states that only Art is to be sold in the Alley, not store bought merch. I did go up to one of the girls selling the glowsticks, and she pretty much gave me the "Well I could last year so I can this year without Beth's permission" spiel. She continued to sell glowsticks for the rest of the night and no DH or staffer came by to make her remove the glowsticks. I know how much money one can make from selling glowsticks (I do so when I am given express permission when I am promoting Shuto Con), but the AA is just not the place for that kind of stuff. Also, if my feelings are if the artist in question did get permission, then EVERYONE should.

4. Artists Alley is NOT A GARAGE SALE. I had to underline this as we keep having people doing this despite my griping, and their tables were revoked. PLEASE DO NOT DO IT THIS YEAR. Artists Alley is for art productions, not for your old, store-bought merchandise that you wish to get rid of.

15. All Artists must sign a contract . This contract will merely state the rules I have listed above and show that you are understanding of them and willing to comply to them, nothing more. If you refuse to sign the contract, you will not be allowed to keep your table.


geezus, what kind of artist are you? Who gives a **** what other people are selling? I can't for the life of me understand why some people, especially creative people, can't just mind their own business and let people do what they want. Obviously Youmacon had no problem with these people selling this stuff , so don't worry about it. I can't help but picture that kid in elementary school who would run around and tattle on people for no good reason. people hate tattle tales.


anyways, The staff this year was probably the best con staff ive ever encountered, and they were all very pleasant and helpful when it came to getting me and my crew from point to point. As a press member this year, and as someone who is new to being press, it was soooooo helpful to have staff willing to accommodate me and my crew whenever we needed it. Thanks again, Youmacon!

User avatar
EdrickV
Posts: 1518
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:18 pm
First Anime: Robotech
Location: Wixom, Mi
Contact:

Re: Youmacon 2011 Official Feedback

Postby EdrickV » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:16 pm

dairylives wrote:geezus, what kind of artist are you? Who gives a **** what other people are selling? I can't for the life of me understand why some people, especially creative people, can't just mind their own business and let people do what they want. Obviously Youmacon had no problem with these people selling this stuff , so don't worry about it. I can't help but picture that kid in elementary school who would run around and tattle on people for no good reason. people hate tattle tales.


anyways, The staff this year was probably the best con staff ive ever encountered, and they were all very pleasant and helpful when it came to getting me and my crew from point to point. As a press member this year, and as someone who is new to being press, it was soooooo helpful to have staff willing to accommodate me and my crew whenever we needed it. Thanks again, Youmacon!


If people were violating the AA rules, then they should be reported and dealt with. Letting anyone do anything they want regardless of the rules would be sheer anarchy. If, for example, someone was selling glowsticks in AA that they did not make themselves but bought from a store/wholesale dealer, then that would clearly be against the rules.
Youmacon 2012 Pictures: viewtopic.php?p=266173#p266173
Youmacon 2012 Costumes:
FF1 Red Mage, Pokemon Scientist Trainer from B/W
Pictures include Pokemon, Final Fantasy, CLAMP, photoshoots and Misc. pics

User avatar
dairylives
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:38 am

Re: Youmacon 2011 Official Feedback

Postby dairylives » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:23 pm

EdrickV wrote:
dairylives wrote:geezus, what kind of artist are you? Who gives a **** what other people are selling? I can't for the life of me understand why some people, especially creative people, can't just mind their own business and let people do what they want. Obviously Youmacon had no problem with these people selling this stuff , so don't worry about it. I can't help but picture that kid in elementary school who would run around and tattle on people for no good reason. people hate tattle tales.


anyways, The staff this year was probably the best con staff ive ever encountered, and they were all very pleasant and helpful when it came to getting me and my crew from point to point. As a press member this year, and as someone who is new to being press, it was soooooo helpful to have staff willing to accommodate me and my crew whenever we needed it. Thanks again, Youmacon!


If people were violating the AA rules, then they should be reported and dealt with. Letting anyone do anything they want regardless of the rules would be sheer anarchy. If, for example, someone was selling glowsticks in AA that they did not make themselves but bought from a store/wholesale dealer, then that would clearly be against the rules.


as an AA participant you have no business getting to decide what goes on at AA. You can report stuff, but then you look petty and juvenile. the "letting anyone do anything" is a responsibility of the AA staff members, not you or anyone else in the AA. Youmacon is nice enough to let people sell their wares, that should be enough. Again, its not your business as to how the AA is run.

User avatar
tsukeru
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:13 pm
First Anime: Sailor Moon
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Youmacon 2011 Official Feedback

Postby tsukeru » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:27 pm

dairylives wrote:
Otakumals wrote:I have to say my only "complaint" of sorts was the inability to find the Artist Alley DH when I needed her (and Con Ops wasn't much help when I asked them to locate her for me). On Saturday there were a few people selling glowsticks in the Alley, and in the contract we signed it clearly states that only Art is to be sold in the Alley, not store bought merch. I did go up to one of the girls selling the glowsticks, and she pretty much gave me the "Well I could last year so I can this year without Beth's permission" spiel. She continued to sell glowsticks for the rest of the night and no DH or staffer came by to make her remove the glowsticks. I know how much money one can make from selling glowsticks (I do so when I am given express permission when I am promoting Shuto Con), but the AA is just not the place for that kind of stuff. Also, if my feelings are if the artist in question did get permission, then EVERYONE should.

4. Artists Alley is NOT A GARAGE SALE. I had to underline this as we keep having people doing this despite my griping, and their tables were revoked. PLEASE DO NOT DO IT THIS YEAR. Artists Alley is for art productions, not for your old, store-bought merchandise that you wish to get rid of.

15. All Artists must sign a contract . This contract will merely state the rules I have listed above and show that you are understanding of them and willing to comply to them, nothing more. If you refuse to sign the contract, you will not be allowed to keep your table.


geezus, what kind of artist are you? Who gives a **** what other people are selling? I can't for the life of me understand why some people, especially creative people, can't just mind their own business and let people do what they want. Obviously Youmacon had no problem with these people selling this stuff , so don't worry about it. I can't help but picture that kid in elementary school who would run around and tattle on people for no good reason. people hate tattle tales.


anyways, The staff this year was probably the best con staff ive ever encountered, and they were all very pleasant and helpful when it came to getting me and my crew from point to point. As a press member this year, and as someone who is new to being press, it was soooooo helpful to have staff willing to accommodate me and my crew whenever we needed it. Thanks again, Youmacon!


Exactly. Rules are written for a reason. Otakumals has been selling in artist alley around the Midwest for a long time. They are a respectable artist. They have every right to report something they suspect against the rules, along with any other artist or con-goer. Artist alley isn't a place to sell anything and everything at any convention period. Some had started to hold a "garage sale" type junction at a convention, like Colossalcon, for example, which Youmacon should look into it if people are interested. But Rules are rules.
2012 Cosplay Plans:
Princess Bubblegum - Adventure Time (tart dress)
Frodo Baggins - Lord of the Rings
Kiyone Makibi - Tenchi Muyo

http://www.etsy.com/shop/tsukeru

User avatar
Kikai
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 7:02 pm
First Anime: Sailor Moon! 8D

Re: Youmacon 2011 Official Feedback

Postby Kikai » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:50 pm

dairylives wrote:
EdrickV wrote:
dairylives wrote:geezus, what kind of artist are you? Who gives a **** what other people are selling? I can't for the life of me understand why some people, especially creative people, can't just mind their own business and let people do what they want. Obviously Youmacon had no problem with these people selling this stuff , so don't worry about it. I can't help but picture that kid in elementary school who would run around and tattle on people for no good reason. people hate tattle tales.


anyways, The staff this year was probably the best con staff ive ever encountered, and they were all very pleasant and helpful when it came to getting me and my crew from point to point. As a press member this year, and as someone who is new to being press, it was soooooo helpful to have staff willing to accommodate me and my crew whenever we needed it. Thanks again, Youmacon!


If people were violating the AA rules, then they should be reported and dealt with. Letting anyone do anything they want regardless of the rules would be sheer anarchy. If, for example, someone was selling glowsticks in AA that they did not make themselves but bought from a store/wholesale dealer, then that would clearly be against the rules.


as an AA participant you have no business getting to decide what goes on at AA. You can report stuff, but then you look petty and juvenile. the "letting anyone do anything" is a responsibility of the AA staff members, not you or anyone else in the AA. Youmacon is nice enough to let people sell their wares, that should be enough. Again, its not your business as to how the AA is run.



You should probably head over the AA forum and look at where Hikaru0 asked to be let known who was selling the glowsticks. It's against the policy of the artist alley -- look it up. And if you can't figure out WHY selling glowsticks in the AA is bad, then I'm sorry for you.

User avatar
dairylives
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:38 am

Re: Youmacon 2011 Official Feedback

Postby dairylives » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:24 pm

Kikai wrote:
dairylives wrote:
EdrickV wrote:
If people were violating the AA rules, then they should be reported and dealt with. Letting anyone do anything they want regardless of the rules would be sheer anarchy. If, for example, someone was selling glowsticks in AA that they did not make themselves but bought from a store/wholesale dealer, then that would clearly be against the rules.


as an AA participant you have no business getting to decide what goes on at AA. You can report stuff, but then you look petty and juvenile. the "letting anyone do anything" is a responsibility of the AA staff members, not you or anyone else in the AA. Youmacon is nice enough to let people sell their wares, that should be enough. Again, its not your business as to how the AA is run.



You should probably head over the AA forum and look at where Hikaru0 asked to be let known who was selling the glowsticks. It's against the policy of the artist alley -- look it up. And if you can't figure out WHY selling glowsticks in the AA is bad, then I'm sorry for you.


no need to feel sorry for me, apparently youre not understanding my point. My point being: let the people who run AA, run AA. They may have had a reason to allow these people to sell these things, who knows. Who cares? It affects you in no way besides being "unfair". Unfortunately, especially at cons, things arent always fair and being a baby about not being allowed to do something makes you look like a sore loser. I get that there are rules, but whining and tattling about it is probably the absolute worst way to go about it.

User avatar
Piplup_393
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:01 pm
First Anime: Sailor Moon
Location: In my own little world
Contact:

Re: Youmacon 2011 Official Feedback

Postby Piplup_393 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:16 pm

This year was awesome =)
Unfortunately I waited too long for a cosplay, but I carried around my Pikachu pillow for all 4 days. Some of my highlights were:
- Linkara calling me very beautiful and running into him everyday at the con
- Hanging out with this awesome girl on Friday after Linkara's autograph session
- LittleKuriboh remembering me from last year because of my Pikachu winning Meet the Spartans in the Naruto Spoof panel
- People telling me how awesome my Perry the Platypus shirt was on Saturday
- Team Four Star playing catch with my Pikachu on Sunday
-Giving Vic a giant teddy bear
- Giving all of TFS plushies
- Meeting awesome people

I'd say the only main negative I had was panels starting about an hour late and having LK and Vic's autograph sessions cut off like an hour before they began. I liked it better last year when there were multiple autograph sessions at a time. Other than that I had a blast this year and I hope to have even more fun next year.

User avatar
Sukana
Gaming Staff
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:06 pm
First Anime: Princess Mononoke
Location: MI

Re: Youmacon 2011 Official Feedback

Postby Sukana » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:58 pm

dairylives wrote:no need to feel sorry for me, apparently youre not understanding my point. My point being: let the people who run AA, run AA. They may have had a reason to allow these people to sell these things, who knows. Who cares? It affects you in no way besides being "unfair". Unfortunately, especially at cons, things arent always fair and being a baby about not being allowed to do something makes you look like a sore loser. I get that there are rules, but whining and tattling about it is probably the absolute worst way to go about it.


This is the feedback thread and you view it tattling, fine, you have stated that.
If the rules for AA state one thing then they should be followed, sounds like the person who made the post went through the right channels and yet things still occurred. Rather than have it happen again they left feedback. I see no issue.
Dairylives your point was made, lets move on.
Youmacon '12
Fri- TF2 Solider
Sat- Chun Li / Mario Party Group

User avatar
dairylives
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:38 am

Re: Youmacon 2011 Official Feedback

Postby dairylives » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:37 am

Sukana wrote:
dairylives wrote:no need to feel sorry for me, apparently youre not understanding my point. My point being: let the people who run AA, run AA. They may have had a reason to allow these people to sell these things, who knows. Who cares? It affects you in no way besides being "unfair". Unfortunately, especially at cons, things arent always fair and being a baby about not being allowed to do something makes you look like a sore loser. I get that there are rules, but whining and tattling about it is probably the absolute worst way to go about it.


This is the feedback thread and you view it tattling, fine, you have stated that.
If the rules for AA state one thing then they should be followed, sounds like the person who made the post went through the right channels and yet things still occurred. Rather than have it happen again they left feedback. I see no issue.
Dairylives your point was made, lets move on.


i feel like im taking crazy pills. I never said stating it on here was a bad thing. In fact, thats the best way to go about it. " hey, i noticed some guy was allowed to peddle glow sticks" can someone clarify the rules for either him or i?" would be the best way to handle it. I haven't been rude, so please don't pretend to have some sort of higher ground here by telling me to stop voicing my opinion.


Return to “2011 Memories”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest