Crazy or Bad Things that happened to you this year

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our sixth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

arissa_the_ninja

Crazy or Bad Things that happened to you this year

Postby arissa_the_ninja » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:48 pm

This year was my first year going as an adult *as of the fact that i turned 18 this year* so for once my mother dident come with me to youmacon. Usually i have some drama at Youmacon like last year my best friend ditched me for the whole con. This year was going great until Saturday night XP
So Saturday night i returned to my room from the MST4K and everyone else i was roomed with was asleep i look over twords my bed only to find one of my friends sleeping in it, i wasnt to bothered since it was my friend who was working staff so he needed his sleep. So i dident feel like waking anyone up so i ended up just sleeping in some of the cloths i was wearing for my panda cosplay * a short sleeve hoddy and shorts* so i go over twords the bed only to find my friend sleeping on my blanket and pillow i brought *not using them litterly sleeping on top of them* since im such a good person i dont decide to rudely wake him up or yank my stuff from under him. So seeing as most of the floor space was taken up by others *or as it seemed since the room was dark and i could not turn on a light or else i would wake the light sleepers up* i decide to sleep in front of the mirror and closet...bad idea. So i use a plushie as a pillow and a towel as a blanket since i was super tiered and dident care...well apparently at 2:30 am our room decided to become an ice box -_- and since i had no blankets available i was somewhat screwed. I gathered whatever towels i could find in the bathroom *some of them were kinda wet -_-* and attempted to be warm so i could get some sleep. Well plan dident work, i spent 2 hour's shivering, at one point i did fall asleep but i ended up waking myself up from how bad i was shaking. Oh at and this point my cell phone randomly died even though i thought i had at least 2 bar's of power left, so i had no idea what time it is since i dident have my glasses on and the clock was a bit away* So at what i was guessing was 5am *from what the numbers on the clock seemed to look like* i woke up from shaking once again, looked over at the room *my night vision kinda kicked in* sat up against the mirror and warped all of the towels around me then continued to cry -_- because i was freezing and at this point that made me want to go home, along with being exostied while this was happening. So at about 5:30 im guessing i hird one of the beds move and i jump up hoping that it was the bed my stuff was on, i ninja my way over to the bed seeing that my blanket *a very warm fuzzy blanket may i add* was lose. And it was, i let out a quiet squeal of happiness snatched up my blanket and ran back over to my spot and continued to pass out after warming up XD.

So what about you guy's?
Youmacon 11:

Ranka Lee - Macross Fronter 75% (waiting for outfit in the mail then done)
Casual Sakura Haruno- Naruto 50%
School Uniform Stocking / Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt- 0% (will be 100% when all my stuff comes in the mail)

Kiarii
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Re: Crazy or Bad Things that happened to you this year

Postby Kiarii » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:29 pm

It didn't happen to me, but when some girl glomped Todd Haberkorn I FELT SO BAD FOR HIM!

LovelyMetalhead

Postby LovelyMetalhead » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:08 pm

I would say that the only bad thing that happened was when I heard that my friend that went to the con (but not really) with me was talking about me behind my back. I'll just leave it at that for now.
EPIC LK PWNING MOMENT.

I WAS ZORC NECROPHADES.

Auds

Postby Auds » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:01 am

arissa_the_ninja wrote:This year was my first year going as an adult *as of the fact that i turned 18 this year* so for once my mother dident come with me to youmacon. Usually i have some drama at Youmacon like last year my best friend ditched me for the whole con. This year was going great until Saturday night XP
So Saturday night i returned to my room from the MST4K and everyone else i was roomed with was asleep i look over twords my bed only to find one of my friends sleeping in it, i wasnt to bothered since it was my friend who was working staff so he needed his sleep. So i dident feel like waking anyone up so i ended up just sleeping in some of the cloths i was wearing for my panda cosplay * a short sleeve hoddy and shorts* so i go over twords the bed only to find my friend sleeping on my blanket and pillow i brought *not using them litterly sleeping on top of them* since im such a good person i dont decide to rudely wake him up or yank my stuff from under him. So seeing as most of the floor space was taken up by others *or as it seemed since the room was dark and i could not turn on a light or else i would wake the light sleepers up* i decide to sleep in front of the mirror and closet...bad idea. So i use a plushie as a pillow and a towel as a blanket since i was super tiered and dident care...well apparently at 2:30 am our room decided to become an ice box -_- and since i had no blankets available i was somewhat screwed. I gathered whatever towels i could find in the bathroom *some of them were kinda wet -_-* and attempted to be warm so i could get some sleep. Well plan dident work, i spent 2 hour's shivering, at one point i did fall asleep but i ended up waking myself up from how bad i was shaking. Oh at and this point my cell phone randomly died even though i thought i had at least 2 bar's of power left, so i had no idea what time it is since i dident have my glasses on and the clock was a bit away* So at what i was guessing was 5am *from what the numbers on the clock seemed to look like* i woke up from shaking once again, looked over at the room *my night vision kinda kicked in* sat up against the mirror and warped all of the towels around me then continued to cry -_- because i was freezing and at this point that made me want to go home, along with being exostied while this was happening. So at about 5:30 im guessing i hird one of the beds move and i jump up hoping that it was the bed my stuff was on, i ninja my way over to the bed seeing that my blanket *a very warm fuzzy blanket may i add* was lose. And it was, i let out a quiet squeal of happiness snatched up my blanket and ran back over to my spot and continued to pass out after warming up XD.

So what about you guy's?

How many people were in your room! This sounds a lot similar to what happened to my friend Molly. I was fortunate to get bed space. Next time.. less people and bring a blanket & pillow from home. I did and it was amazing.

Shamanized

Postby Shamanized » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:28 pm

On Saturday, I got overwhelmingly depressed for a few reasons that were not worth getting worked up about. And I do not get depressed often, it's really a once every 4-5 months kind of thing. And it's usually expected and I just have to hermit myself for maybe 20 minutes or longer and I'll be perfectly fine. But basically, you know how when you're sad, seeing people happy and having fun can sometimes make things much worse? Well, walking around in the hallways and using the game room and dealers room when you're feeling that way is the wrong thing to do. In fact just being at an anime convention when you're depressed is a painful place to be. Some people might think otherwise, but it's different for each situation.

Long story short, I slid away from my friends hoping they didn't know how I was feeling and went to my hotel room just to be alone for about 2-3 hours. I had been avoiding doing that because I didn't want to waste precious con time but I'm glad I did it, because when I put on my costume and left the room a while later I felt like a ray of sunshine. Well, more or less. ^^;
PAST COSPLAYS:
Mr. Game & Watch
Banjo-Kazooie
Snape (A Very Potter Musical)
Bryan Fury
Ermac
Slender Man Victim
Jack Frost
Koh the Face Stealer - Avatar
2015 COSPLAYS:
Edward Mordrake - American Horror Story: Freakshow
Black*Star - Soul Eater

Suzume_Kuchiki-chan
First Anime: Saint Seiya Knights of the Zodiac

Postby Suzume_Kuchiki-chan » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:11 pm

Someone stole my D.Gray-man bag on Sunday at the very end before the ending cerimonies, which i'm still desperately searching for....

It had my ipod charger with a wall plug attachment thing, a PSP charger, a pink hetalia bandana signed by Tod and Vic, Vic's Remix CD, also signed by him (in silver/chrome pen), a small black hairbrush on the front zipper pocket (the only zipper pocket actualy) and about $30 which belongs to my brother and he was quite pissed about it.

So that kinda wrecked the rest of my day...
Now I'm on a Horse
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Youmacon 012'
Leonardo da Vinci-Assasin's Creed 2
Corsair-Assasin's Creed Revelatinos
Maybe a MLP cosplay? who knows! It's a secret!

Morbid Intentions

Postby Morbid Intentions » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:57 pm

my inner mod senses say merge these two threads

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=8981&start=15

JUS' SAIYAN!

Shamanized

Postby Shamanized » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:53 pm

Morbid Intentions wrote:my inner mod senses say merge these two threads

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=8981&start=15

JUS' SAIYAN!

I think this might be specifically for negative things. And it's more about inner drama so it wouldn't go into any Suggestion Thread either. Also, this is only for 2010 con whereas that thread is for this and any previous con. But yeah that thread would probably also benefit from anything written here. Still fun to read all the crazy drama that happened at this con though.
PAST COSPLAYS:
Mr. Game & Watch
Banjo-Kazooie
Snape (A Very Potter Musical)
Bryan Fury
Ermac
Slender Man Victim
Jack Frost
Koh the Face Stealer - Avatar
2015 COSPLAYS:
Edward Mordrake - American Horror Story: Freakshow
Black*Star - Soul Eater

bankai_shinigami
First Anime: Gundam WING

Postby bankai_shinigami » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:20 pm

Nothing overly bad, save for near the end, when somebody in our room removed the "Do Not Disturb" sign from the door. We put that on there for a very good reason. Room service come in, the camera is there. Room service leaves, and the camera disappears. Nobody was in the room to see the camera disappear, so we cannot prove anything. The camera in question cost roughly $300. I was lucky that my $600 laptop wasn't stolen, as that is the only way for me to charge my camera.
"Look Mr. Bubbles. It's an angel. I can see light coming from his belly. Oh wait. He's still breathing. But don't worry. He;ll be an angel soon."

"16th MS Team: Striving Towards A Better Battlefield."

arissa_the_ninja

Postby arissa_the_ninja » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:06 pm

Auds wrote:
arissa_the_ninja wrote:This year was my first year going as an adult *as of the fact that i turned 18 this year* so for once my mother dident come with me to youmacon. Usually i have some drama at Youmacon like last year my best friend ditched me for the whole con. This year was going great until Saturday night XP

So what about you guy's?

How many people were in your room! This sounds a lot similar to what happened to my friend Molly. I was fortunate to get bed space. Next time.. less people and bring a blanket & pillow from home. I did and it was amazing.

We had about 6 or 7 people in our room lol and i had brought a blanket and pillow but sadly people were sleeping on them T-T
Youmacon 11:

Ranka Lee - Macross Fronter 75% (waiting for outfit in the mail then done)
Casual Sakura Haruno- Naruto 50%
School Uniform Stocking / Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt- 0% (will be 100% when all my stuff comes in the mail)

the real death note
First Anime: Sailor moon

Postby the real death note » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:43 pm

I have a crazy thing. I was dressed as Sealand and a girl came up to me, hugged me and told me I was cute, and then spun me around. It was the first time I have had a fangirl lol. I have a bad thing to, it dident happen to me it happned to a friend that was staying with me. She lost her camera on sat., but luckley it was just behind the bed. She found it when we were leaving.
youmacon 2014
sailor mercury swag- 99% thur.
Dead!Dave- 100% sun.?
spritzee- 100% fir.,sat

Echo's_Song
First Anime: Cardcaptors

Postby Echo's_Song » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:46 pm

Okay so let me just say this was my first con and I had a blast and am planning on coming back next year.

Yeah, I had a lot of fun right up until it was time to leave.

See it was Friday night or maybe it had just turned Saturday morning, anyway one of those two and My mom, my friend and myself had decided it was about time to leave. (Although I would have stayed longer if I had been allowed, just not in the way I stayed longer in this story XD) So we decided we would make our way back to the parking garage....yeah that would have been fine right? Well it was, until we remembered we didn't know where the heck we parked or what way we came in. Long story short we tried to find our way out for two and a half hours. We walked around in a circle at least fifty times, and no I'm not over reacting with that number. I also ended up losing one of my hair bands while walking in the endless number of circles. I think we asked about ten people for help and at least five of them were staff members.....they all told us to go the wrong way. We all thought we were going to be trapped there for the rest of our lives. Let's just say next year we're staying at the hotel.

But hey we made it out and I laugh about now when I think about it.......well not the part about me losing the hair piece, I'm still ticked at that one but I'll just have to make a new one in time for Ohayocon!

Just want to say thanks to anyone who tried to help us get out. It was greatly appreciated even if we were going the wrong way. <3

KyaStar

Postby KyaStar » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:57 pm

@first post--that's why I brought my sleeping bag. xD

Crazy and bad thing for me--I waited over an hour for Team4Star and didn't get in. the back of the line got confused for the front because of that stupid circle set up. :( (but they chopped the thing in half so I got in the second one without any wait! ^_^)
"DANCE, WATER, DANCE!"

endless_witch_kimi
First Anime: SD Gundam: Defense Force

Postby endless_witch_kimi » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:36 pm

two things really, one: i lost my glasses. D: i was freaking out, because i KNEW my mom would shoot me in the face if i lost them. at first, i thought they were in the pocket of my cosplay i wore the previous day, so i wasn't worried. but once i searched there, my heart sank and i almost had a panic attack. like, fer real, i was in the bathroom, about to throw up. xD luckily though, i have three AMAZING friends who searched the lost and found for me and found 'em. :D they found me and just slid 'em on without saying a word and got glomped as a thank you. <3

second thing: i lost a seven dollar print i bought. it was super cool too! like, it was of a chick looking into a mirror of eyes, and really dark/gurro-y looking... Dx

linax22
First Anime: The Slayers

Postby linax22 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:20 am

On Friday night, between 4 and 7, money was stolen from my room by a roomservice person. We had left the do not disturb sign in the door and when we came back it was gone. And all our stuff was tossed in the room. Luckily, not all the money we had was there, but still, who steals from people? How can you be that desperate if you work for the marriott? I was told by security this happened to at least 6 other rooms within the same time period. I do not want stay at the marriott next year.

Return to “2010 Memories”