Big Problem w/Youmacon 2010 T-shirts!

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our sixth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Yukinari
Media Staff
First Anime: Macross

Re: Big Problem w/Youmacon 2010 T-shirts!

Postby Yukinari » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:39 pm

You all have NOT been forgotten about. As to why this has taken so long, i cannot say but i have taken a little time to put this in this issue into the spot light.
Few of my best Youmacon 2011 photos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/messier_code_bk-201/

KaZoMa
Guest Relations Staff
First Anime: M0use.

Postby KaZoMa » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:07 pm

Actually I still have my shirt (the white and sliver-ist one) and I notice something was wrong. When I first wore mine, when the shirt folds or shift the image on the shirt, it started to break apart before it could go any farther. I Set it aside thinking it need to dry, who know if the shirts were freshly made since it was Sunday and most of their stock were almost out. Then about 4 or 5 months in a closet hanging, I finally wore it without any problem, but i'm very carious about ever wearing it so I'd decided to frame it instead of losing it value. and for the lolz if I have the only shirt thats not damage. :D
Youmacon is my life. It gave me strength in myself. Morgan, you really made something that I hold dear & near to my very heart & soul. Thank you.

ffviki
First Anime: Dragonball Z

Postby ffviki » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:02 pm

LadyWhaiyvern wrote:Have we heard anything about the replacement shirts? I know the e-mail I received at the end of last year mentioned that we would hear something in January. Anything yet? :?

You actually got an email? I sent them one a few days after the con and never recieved any reply whatsoever. Should I send another email or just wait it out?
2010 pics: Fri/Sat - http://on.fb.me/cpgpCt
Sun - http://on.fb.me/bCTM8b

Cosplay.com: ffviki
http://www.facebook.com/valelteri
http://deviantart.com/valnika

Youmacon 2010:
Viki - Suikoden V
Yuna - FFX-2
Liz Thompson - Soul Eater

VessaSushi
Dealers ADH

Postby VessaSushi » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:34 am

Hello everyone!

I deeply apologize for any delay in the shirt fixing thingy. I personally was unable to deal with anything to do with it, as I was out of the continent and was unable to log into the site or forums to check on things.

I promise that I will look into the shirt stuff this month, and see what is happening, and get back to you all.

I thank you all for any and all patience you've managed for us during this. I understand fully that is fustrating and again apologize for any and all delays, and hope you'll bear with us for a little bit more.

THank you again, and please, please don't fret! We'll get this figured out!

~Vessa
Plushthulhu at Youmacon2009 was a success. Let's see what crazy warm mascot cosplay I come up with next!

animegamer04

Postby animegamer04 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:29 am

Well at least you were lucky enough to get a shirt, They never gave me and my old GF our shirts. I'm kinda glad if the shirts were reacting to washer machines in that way, maybe it was less stress for us to have no shirt? it's every unfortunate what happened to you though and that sucks. I did however end up getting an free shirt by being shot with an nerf dart but it's an different shirt I won, at least it's the first time that anyone can say being shot was worth it and live about it right? anyhow I hope they are more organized about the shirts next year and make them more durable.

onestar
First Anime: Why is this a required field?
Location: I'm not sayin' that I'm the best, but uh, it's kinda obvious from the way you're hatin' on me

Postby onestar » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:57 pm

So what's the story with this? Has there been a resolution? Should we be hesitant to buy a shirt this year?
The Velvet Room | Metagame 3 | How to Con: Elegant Garden Party | to be revealed | to be revealed | Youmacon Achievements 2014

LadyWhaiyvern
First Anime: Tenchi Muyo: In Love (Sci-fi Channel's Sat. Mornin

Postby LadyWhaiyvern » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:49 am

onestar wrote:So what's the story with this? Has there been a resolution? Should we be hesitant to buy a shirt this year?

No idea if a resolution has been reached. I'd like to at least have an update about whats going on. >.<

Off-topic- Awesome sig! My fiance and I are coming to Youma 11 cosplaying as Philip and Shoutaro from W. :D
You will not see me and my fiance at Youmacon. See you at other conventions.

ffviki
First Anime: Dragonball Z

Postby ffviki » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:10 pm

Same here... I still have this terrible looking shirt from last year, and it's the only souvenir I bought from the whole con :/ I don't even know if I'll be at Youma this year so I'd like to get this resolved. I sent an email a while back and never got a response :(
2010 pics: Fri/Sat - http://on.fb.me/cpgpCt
Sun - http://on.fb.me/bCTM8b

Cosplay.com: ffviki
http://www.facebook.com/valelteri
http://deviantart.com/valnika

Youmacon 2010:
Viki - Suikoden V
Yuna - FFX-2
Liz Thompson - Soul Eater

Raiji Magiwind
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: Old School Gundam...:)

Postby Raiji Magiwind » Tue May 03, 2011 11:16 am

Yes some updates on the solutions and situation would be much appreciated. I would like to see about finding out more as to what will be done for those who had the problems. Perhaps a voucher for a replacement or something? IDK...just getting some recent info on the status of this issue in general would be nice...:)
Raiji's Scrib'd Shelf
--Go to my Scrib'd for the YoumaLingo Dictionary, Glomp Commandments and other fun stuff...

Celeste_the_shinobi
First Anime: Sailor Moon, when I was five.

Postby Celeste_the_shinobi » Tue May 03, 2011 11:49 am

What everyone else said. I really wanted a shirt, especially since my platinum voucher fell out of a hole that was in the bottom of my bag. Maybe a minute after I'd gotten my reg stuff and gotten out of the line, too. =( So then I went and bought one with money out of my own pocket. And now there's this..... It's like the world really doesn't want me to have a Youmacon 2010 shirt. @__@;;
That put aside, we did get those emails asking for our mailing address, shirt size, and whatnot. So I'm going to assume that they were planning to send them out to us at some point? :'O
Cosplays for 2014: Not saying yet!

♪ わたしはおんがくをあいして!♪

realmsoldier
First Anime: Inuyasha

Postby realmsoldier » Wed May 18, 2011 11:43 pm

Celeste_the_shinobi wrote:What everyone else said. I really wanted a shirt, especially since my platinum voucher fell out of a hole that was in the bottom of my bag. Maybe a minute after I'd gotten my reg stuff and gotten out of the line, too. =( So then I went and bought one with money out of my own pocket. And now there's this..... It's like the world really doesn't want me to have a Youmacon 2010 shirt. @__@;;
That put aside, we did get those emails asking for our mailing address, shirt size, and whatnot. So I'm going to assume that they were planning to send them out to us at some point? :'O

has anyone else gotten information from youmacon staff about this because i have had yet to hear back AT ALL. i didn't get an email asking for shirt size/mailing address etc

Amara Mizuki

Postby Amara Mizuki » Thu May 19, 2011 11:36 am

realmsoldier wrote:
has anyone else gotten information from youmacon staff about this because i have had yet to hear back AT ALL. i didn't get an email asking for shirt size/mailing address etc

I remember getting the e-mail asking us for our t-shirt sizes and mailing address, etc., but that was back in December...

Um, were you one of the platinum badge attendee's? or did you send an e-mail asking about the shirts since they were out of a lot of them at the con? Just curious, because I believe all of the platinum badge attendee's got an e-mail, or were supposed to at least, lol.

I also would like to know what is going on with the shirts. I didn't think it would take this long to at least get an answer on what was being done. I know that after the YoumaCon it was busy, but it has now been 7 months since then...If anyone has any information regarding the t-shirts, we would all love to know, thanks :)
YoumaCon 2016 Plans:

Mei - Overwatch

Celeste_the_shinobi
First Anime: Sailor Moon, when I was five.

Postby Celeste_the_shinobi » Thu May 19, 2011 2:38 pm

Hmm....maybe it was the platinum people that got emails sent out then. But yeah, I'd certainly like an update on the situation, as well. ><
Cosplays for 2014: Not saying yet!

♪ わたしはおんがくをあいして!♪

realmsoldier
First Anime: Inuyasha

Postby realmsoldier » Mon May 30, 2011 8:58 pm

No i didn't have the money at the time to buy a platinum badge. I mean i can guess it's kinda the only way they can make sure they are replacing shirts since platinum members were promised one, however it's not really fair to the rest of us who bought one if we can't get ours replaced as well.

I'm hoping to be platinum this year but i really hope they help the rest of us you weren't platinum last year.

Amara Mizuki

Postby Amara Mizuki » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:43 pm

realmsoldier wrote:No i didn't have the money at the time to buy a platinum badge. I mean i can guess it's kinda the only way they can make sure they are replacing shirts since platinum members were promised one, however it's not really fair to the rest of us who bought one if we can't get ours replaced as well.

I'm hoping to be platinum this year but i really hope they help the rest of us you weren't platinum last year.

Oh no, I totally understand where your coming from, I was just seeing whether you were one or not since they have the platinum's e-mail addresses and such. I totally agree with having all the messed-up t-shirts replaced, especially if they are unwearable. That and the fact that you paid money for the shirt and now you can't get your money's worth by wearing it. I just hope that something will be done before the next YoumaCon (Unless they have them at the con for pic-up...but I don't run the con, lol, so I have no idea).
YoumaCon 2016 Plans:

Mei - Overwatch

Return to “2010 Memories”