Big Problem w/Youmacon 2010 T-shirts!

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our sixth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

iheartspoonshine

Re: Big Problem w/Youmacon 2010 T-shirts!

Postby iheartspoonshine » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:11 pm

ffviki wrote:Reposting to say I contacted the emails above but haven't heard back from them yet... are they supposed to mail us back or anything? My shirt is just sitting there, staring at me in all it's smudgy goodness, mocking me, laughing cuz I can't wear it :( lol

I'm in the same boat you are, just wondering about that myself.

2012 Plans: Lolita Blue, Blue, Formal Blue (obviously I really like to cosplay Blue, lol) Ran Mao, Ms. Swan.

Zrana
Live Programming Staff
First Anime: SciFi's "Japanimation" block/SailorMoon

Postby Zrana » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:36 pm

I think many staff are still comatose from it being post-con. They may no longer be doing daily email check and may be moving to weekly checking. (I am totally guessing on how often email reading staff check email and may be wrong.)

I'd suggest going to typical business delay of 7-10 business days before getting antsy. The may be just collecting info for now and will send a mass mailing once they think they've been contacted by most of people who care enough to do so. For now just put the shirts in a place you won't lose them in case they need the messed up shirts back. I know the urge to re-email may be high, but just adding more stuff to an inbox that might have alot of stuff in it isn't always the best option.

Extended patience can be hard, I totally understand. ;_;

*is completely uninvolved in the shirt matter--only knows she never got a staff shirt*
Got Heartless?
*looks up at signature*
*cracks up*
Have I really not changed that since 2006?? XD

Hikaru0
Artists' Alley DH
First Anime: Vampire Hunter D

Postby Hikaru0 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:45 am

Zrana wrote:
*is completely uninvolved in the shirt matter--only knows she never got a staff shirt*

I got a staff shirt...and they did the same thing :x

I dunno personally what the status is on refunding the shirts. As Zrana said, many of the staff who would be in touch with the company who printed them, are still comatose or MIA for the time. I'll add my finger to the poking though, and see if I can get some response.

LadyWhaiyvern
First Anime: Tenchi Muyo: In Love (Sci-fi Channel's Sat. Mornin

Postby LadyWhaiyvern » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:48 pm

ffviki wrote:Reposting to say I contacted the emails above but haven't heard back from them yet... are they supposed to mail us back or anything? My shirt is just sitting there, staring at me in all it's smudgy goodness, mocking me, laughing cuz I can't wear it :( lol

Yea, I haven't heard anything either and I sent my e-mail back when they first said to e-mail them with the issue. I've got both my fiance's and my shirt sitting in our room and it depresses me to look at 'em. :(
You will not see me and my fiance at Youmacon. See you at other conventions.

Amara Mizuki

Postby Amara Mizuki » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:01 pm

Just out of curiosity, should I e-mail them? I asked earlier, but got no response. I know everyone is working to solve the problem and I don't want to annoy them more if I send them an e-mail stating the problem. If someone could let me know if I should just watch the thread for now and wait to see what is said or if I should just go ahead and e-mail them, that would be wonderful -^__^- Thank you.
YoumaCon 2016 Plans:

Mei - Overwatch

VessaSushi
Dealers ADH

Postby VessaSushi » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:22 am

Just hammering out the final word on what is going to happen, and then it should be posted, here, and hopefully on the website as well.

I recommend, that if you still have the shirt, to hold onto it for now. If you've already tossed it or given it away, no big, but if you haven't, keep it somewhere for the time being.

Thanks!

~Vessa
Plushthulhu at Youmacon2009 was a success. Let's see what crazy warm mascot cosplay I come up with next!

DarkBlueMidnight

Postby DarkBlueMidnight » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:06 pm

And I'm guessing the same thing goes for those of us with the black Youmacon 2010 sweatshirts that the decal is fading/peeling off of? We just email the company, right?

fusion duelist

Postby fusion duelist » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:23 am

I didn't get a shirt at all and I am pretty pissed off. Who do I contact? I still have my free shirt slip.

dracosapphire
First Anime: Pokémon

Postby dracosapphire » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:44 am

Hey, I think it would be awesome if you guys would maybe post some t-shirts and sweatshirts and stuff up for sale on your website. I really wanted to buy one this year, but when I went to the table, you were all sold out. :<
Youmacon 2012:
+ Nepeta Leijon [Homestuck]
+ Kanaya Maryam [Homestuck]

AnimeCanuck

Postby AnimeCanuck » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:33 pm

Amara Mizuki wrote: Another thing, when I was in the dealer's room earlier during the con, I noticed that the sweatshirts all had this years decal plus they had YoumaCon 2010 written on them as well. However, when I looked at mine, not thinking anything was different, I noticed that it does not have YoumaCon 2010 written anywhere on the shirt.

VessaSushi wrote:Hrm. Missing stuff on shirts...we had a few of those (you probably got one that was suppose to have been kept out of the selling pile due to missing parts).

Again, we are working on getting things worked out.
~Vessa

I think I may have been at fault for selling the hoodie without the Youmacon 2010 on it. I didn't notice any were missing it at first, but after I did, Vessa told me to pull them. There may have been 2 or three like that... or more. I'm pretty sure I missed one or two being pulled. Sorry. :oops:

Amara Mizuki

Postby Amara Mizuki » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:31 pm

AnimeCanuck wrote: I think I may have been at fault for selling the hoodie without the Youmacon 2010 on it. I didn't notice any were missing it at first, but after I did, Vessa told me to pull them. There may have been 2 or three like that... or more. I'm pretty sure I missed one or two being pulled. Sorry. :oops:

It's okay, I figured it was an accident, lol. I was just wondering if they were supposed to have the year on them or not, lol.

Just in case, I replied to the e-mail that was sent to us about placing our shirt sizes, but since I am not sure if you can reply to that e-mail, I was wondering if anyone knew if they're going to be replacing the sweatshirts too? of just the t-shirts? I am only asking this because I paid the $12 difference when I got mine (The free pass + $12 = Sweatshirt, lol). Just wondering. If not, the t-shirt is perfectly fine with me, I just thought I would ask and see.

If the reply to the e-mail makes it through, then I apologize for writing it here.

Thank you all so much for your help -^__^-
YoumaCon 2016 Plans:

Mei - Overwatch

ffviki
First Anime: Dragonball Z

Postby ffviki » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:46 pm

So...what exactly is going on with t-shirt replacements? I sent an e-mail a while ago and never heard anything back. And my shirt is a mess; it really sucks. :/ Are we supposed to get an e-mail back from them?
2010 pics: Fri/Sat - http://on.fb.me/cpgpCt
Sun - http://on.fb.me/bCTM8b

Cosplay.com: ffviki
http://www.facebook.com/valelteri
http://deviantart.com/valnika

Youmacon 2010:
Viki - Suikoden V
Yuna - FFX-2
Liz Thompson - Soul Eater

fusion duelist

Postby fusion duelist » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:06 am

I want to know too.

Garria
First Anime: Tenchi

Postby Garria » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:09 am

fusion duelist wrote:I didn't get a shirt at all and I am pretty pissed off. Who do I contact? I still have my free shirt slip.

I agree. Every time i go into the dealers room it's always sold out, and i paid $100 just for the platinum too. So I can get free food, gaming, and t-shirt. I couldn't get a t-shirt. kinda pissed off about it.
KASHA SWAGGIN ASIANS <3 DEE PHR3SH ;]
Youmacon 2011 cosplays: Tsunade-sama and Samui-sama(: FREE HUGS!

LadyWhaiyvern
First Anime: Tenchi Muyo: In Love (Sci-fi Channel's Sat. Mornin

Postby LadyWhaiyvern » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:01 pm

Have we heard anything about the replacement shirts? I know the e-mail I received at the end of last year mentioned that we would hear something in January. Anything yet? :?
You will not see me and my fiance at Youmacon. See you at other conventions.

Return to “2010 Memories”