Big Problem w/Youmacon 2010 T-shirts!

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our sixth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

ffviki
First Anime: Dragonball Z

Re: Big Problem w/Youmacon 2010 T-shirts!

Postby ffviki » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:57 pm

Is there still no update on this? I can't believe that it's been about 8 months since the con and I sent and email and never heard a response. This shirt was the only souvenir I bought at the entire con and I'd really like to wear it... Is anyone even still checking this thread that could do something about this? :( I'm really upset.
2010 pics: Fri/Sat - http://on.fb.me/cpgpCt
Sun - http://on.fb.me/bCTM8b

Cosplay.com: ffviki
http://www.facebook.com/valelteri
http://deviantart.com/valnika

Youmacon 2010:
Viki - Suikoden V
Yuna - FFX-2
Liz Thompson - Soul Eater

realmsoldier
First Anime: Inuyasha

Postby realmsoldier » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:55 pm

I'm not sure, i keep checking back weekly for a response but i think the mods and everyone are busy preparing for this years con, kinda tempted to message one of them to let them know that we still want a response.

ChibixOnigiri
First Anime: Dragon Ball / Sailor Moon

Postby ChibixOnigiri » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:19 pm

Well with the youmacon t shirts( I have a 2009, im sure the 2010 were made similar)
the image on the tee is vinyl, and it will tend to crack if its pulled. Happens with any vinyl, even ones you buy from the store.
best thing you can do to reduce cracks/breakage i the shirts is to wash it inside out OR wash it by hand. ( i have some knowledge on this since i worked ina shirt printing factory for some months and i've work w/ vinyl many times)
Uuuguu

LadyWhaiyvern
First Anime: Tenchi Muyo: In Love (Sci-fi Channel's Sat. Mornin

Postby LadyWhaiyvern » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:38 pm

ffviki wrote:Is there still no update on this? I can't believe that it's been about 8 months since the con and I sent and email and never heard a response. This shirt was the only souvenir I bought at the entire con and I'd really like to wear it... Is anyone even still checking this thread that could do something about this? :( I'm really upset.

Nope, I still haven't heard anything either and honestly it's starting to get extremely annoying. I check back here periodically but never see a single thing. It's honestly making me think hard if I truly want to come this year. :(
You will not see me and my fiance at Youmacon. See you at other conventions.

onestar
First Anime: Why is this a required field?
Location: I'm not sayin' that I'm the best, but uh, it's kinda obvious from the way you're hatin' on me

Postby onestar » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:10 pm

This is sad.
The Velvet Room | Metagame 3 | How to Con: Elegant Garden Party | to be revealed | to be revealed | Youmacon Achievements 2014

HelloxKimmi
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby HelloxKimmi » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:00 am

Okay, seriously, do you intend to do ANYTHING for all of us that are out money because of your shoddy shirts? If we're crap outta luck, could you at least tell us that we are, instead of ignoring us for the past almost nine months?
2012:
Vol. 5 Ramona (Scott Pilgrim): 100%
Applejack (My Little Pony): 100%
Rainbow Dash (My Little Pony): 0%
Katherine (Catherine): 40%
Fionna (Adventure Time): 15%
Scout (Team Fortress 2): 100%
... Vic.

Medieval
Technical Staff
First Anime: Star Blazers

Postby Medieval » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:26 am

HelloxKimmi wrote:Okay, seriously, do you intend to do ANYTHING for all of us that are out money because of your shoddy shirts? If we're crap outta luck, could you at least tell us that we are, instead of ignoring us for the past almost nine months?

Quoting Ngsilver here:
ngsilver wrote:As for the t-shirt issue. I know this year we are fixing the problems of last year, namely changing printers, but when and what will be done I still don't know and haven't been able to get anything out. This is something that requires upper management, and so far I have not heard anything from them despite my (and others) attempts to get an answer. So unfortunately all I can say is stay tuned and hopefully we'll have an announcement for you, preferably before the con.

I have heard a few ideas being thrown around. Many of which for most will require some proof that you had bought a shirt last year (platinum are a different beast as we know who you are), be that a receipt or your damaged shirt or ect. and possibly a trade at-con. I can't say this is exactly how this will happen, but at least it's something.

As soon as I learn anything else I'll let you know.

Believe me, their are several of us staff that are getting just as frustrated over this as all of you, and have been asking on it since the issue was brought to our attention.
This is my normal voice.
This is my mod voice
Please, please, don't make me use the mod voice.

LadyWhaiyvern

Postby LadyWhaiyvern » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:42 pm

Face it...honestly I think all of us got screwed. It's been almost a year and all we ever get is, "Were still working on it." Thanks, but me and my fiance won't be attending Youmacon this year at all. Will be going to other cons instead.

Raiji Magiwind
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: Old School Gundam...:)

Postby Raiji Magiwind » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:39 pm

Perhaps its time for attendees and some of the staff here to start bugging Morgan again maybe? I mean at this point, there should be some sort of general idea of what plans to be done. If there are fellow staff started to get annoyed about it, then perhaps these staffers should be putting pressure on the one dealing with the issue, and explain that 'Hey you got a boatload of pissed off people who want answers now, and are probably not far from coming and stabbing you with pitchforks and torches' pissed...so perhaps you need to decide what the deal is going to be for people on this issue.

Not to mention it just looks kinda bad in general for the con when you have something like this unresolved for this long and people are getting angry...
Raiji's Scrib'd Shelf
--Go to my Scrib'd for the YoumaLingo Dictionary, Glomp Commandments and other fun stuff...

ffviki
First Anime: Dragonball Z

Postby ffviki » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:32 am

I'm just upset because there's a 99.9% chance I won't be at Youma this year because I'm moving out of state and student teaching, so I can't do an at-con trade. This shirt is the only souvenir I bought at the con. Whenever this gets figured out though, I still have my shirt...so maybe I could mail it in and get a replacement mailed back to me? This just really sucks...
2010 pics: Fri/Sat - http://on.fb.me/cpgpCt
Sun - http://on.fb.me/bCTM8b

Cosplay.com: ffviki
http://www.facebook.com/valelteri
http://deviantart.com/valnika

Youmacon 2010:
Viki - Suikoden V
Yuna - FFX-2
Liz Thompson - Soul Eater

Krystal
First Anime: Dragonball Z!

Postby Krystal » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:51 pm

Maybe whoever got a bad shirt last year should just bring their shirt to Youmacon and can trade it in for a free 2011 shirt? That way you can get your money's worth back, at least, and youma doesn't have to reorder all the 2010 shirts?

I'm sure if they see the shirt damage at the booth, it would be sufficient enough to proove you can get a new one. But you'd probably have to turn in the old shirt so people don't go getting like 10 free tshirts.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

- Winston Churchill

onestar
Location: I'm not sayin' that I'm the best, but uh, it's kinda obvious from the way you're hatin' on me

Postby onestar » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:01 am

So was this ever resolved?
The Velvet Room | Metagame 3 | How to Con: Elegant Garden Party | to be revealed | to be revealed | Youmacon Achievements 2014

Soul Eat3R
First Anime: Happy Lesson

Postby Soul Eat3R » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:18 pm

onestar wrote:So was this ever resolved?

Unfortunetly Not and chances are probably never :(
Attending since 07...YESSIR!!

onestar

Postby onestar » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:35 am

Soul Eat3R wrote:
onestar wrote:So was this ever resolved?

Unfortunetly Not and chances are probably never :(

This is mad unfortunate, I'm kinda fence sitting telling people not to buy youmacon shirts this year... I'm sure they probably fixed the issue, but they sure as heck haven't said anything about it.

LadyWhaiyvern

Postby LadyWhaiyvern » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:59 pm

Good to see we still have yet to hear anything for those that got the defective shirts.... :evil:

Return to “2010 Memories”