Big Problem w/Youmacon 2010 T-shirts!

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our sixth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

LadyWhaiyvern
First Anime: Tenchi Muyo: In Love (Sci-fi Channel's Sat. Mornin

Re: Big Problem w/Youmacon 2010 T-shirts!

Postby LadyWhaiyvern » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:39 pm

aya wrote:
Chamelion wrote:
aya wrote:interesting... I when I finally made it thru the registration line Friday evening. I got a badge at that was it. Platinum's were suppose to get shirts correct? Yet I failed to receive a shirt, kinda feel cheated on that.

Did you see the little tickets in your bag that listed Maid Cafe, Charity Ball, Video Game Tournament and T-Shirt? You exchange them to get the listed items.

C

Nope. No little tickets in my bag. And I looked for them as my friend said they should be in there. I was so dismayed by the pre reg line, that I did not even want to bother a staffer. Cause they seemed a tad bit overwhelmed and stressed beyond point. Yes I know that I paid for something that I did not receive. However... would you poke a person that looks like they are about to snap? *shrugs* Guess I'm too lax and had my sense of self-preservation working.

After my fiance and I went through the pre-reg line (granted this was Thursday evening when they first opened) we were handed little yellow, pink and blue tickets. Each one for a different item. Blue was for the maid cafe, pink was for the free shirt and yellow was admittance into one game tournament. Maybe by the time you went through the line they didn't have any more. That's a bummer thou.
You will not see me and my fiance at Youmacon. See you at other conventions.

LadyWhaiyvern
First Anime: Tenchi Muyo: In Love (Sci-fi Channel's Sat. Mornin

Postby LadyWhaiyvern » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:40 pm

Lei_nikos wrote:Oh do you know that the little dog tag that we all got with the platinum said `Youmacon 2009'

I saw that when I got back in our room. I was like..."wait..what?"
You will not see me and my fiance at Youmacon. See you at other conventions.

Naiiki
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby Naiiki » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:48 pm

I'm also curious about exchanging my t-shirt as well. I got a white one with silver details, and there are "mistakes" along the top and the black outlines are kinda... weak in a few parts.

Celeste_the_shinobi
First Anime: Sailor Moon, when I was five.

Postby Celeste_the_shinobi » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:08 am

So.....what do we do to get these shirts that are non-defective? I'm a tad bit disappointed with that since they gave me a bag that ended up having a hole in it so I lost my t-shirt voucher. I ended up having to take $18 of my own money and buying the shirt myself. And now this. =(
Cosplays for 2014: Not saying yet!

♪ わたしはおんがくをあいして!♪

Yukinari
Media Staff
First Anime: Macross

Postby Yukinari » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:40 am

Celeste_the_shinobi wrote:So.....what do we do to get these shirts that are non-defective? I'm a tad bit disappointed with that since they gave me a bag that ended up having a hole in it so I lost my t-shirt voucher. I ended up having to take $18 of my own money and buying the shirt myself. And now this. =(

i'm guessing this should b posted here too

MagiusT: I just talked with Morgan (one of the other conchairs), and he contacted the shirt manufacturer.
Anyone who had their shirt fade/run in the wash, please contact operations@youmacon.com and cc: conchair@youmacon.com about it. The manufacturer is aware of the problem and will be replacing it. So please contact the above addresses to get the process started. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

we aren't going to just say "ohh well, be on your mary way" we are going to fix things. it would be bad if we just left you guys with winded on $18 bucks and even if you got it for free, we still wouldn't leave you with faulty shirts.
Few of my best Youmacon 2011 photos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/messier_code_bk-201/

Warsmen
First Anime: Dragon ball Z

Postby Warsmen » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:01 am

I am going to put my 5th anniversary shirt in the was tonight, Chamilieon did the same thing happen to you? I want to make sure so I can be prepared to send an email...and not a kind email, a RAGING EVIL MEAN EMAIL! Lmao, nah just kidding I just want to make sure, if it happens then it happens no big deal. ^-^ I'll send an email if it happens. :) Also, why is it my shirt says 2009? O.O
Cosplays for 2010:
Star - Arakawa Under the Bridge
(100%)
Mammon (Viper) - Hitman Reborn
Sudowoodo - Pokemon (100%)

VessaSushi
Dealers ADH

Postby VessaSushi » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:30 am

To all those brave souls who ventured near the Merchandise Booth for your shirts, I thank you for your undying patience and the ability not to throttle me or my staff that was manning the booth. It really means a lot when something goes ary, and the attendees are relativly cool about it. Seriously, it meant a lot (especially since it was a large goof-up, for the most part out of our control).

The official word should be coming down the pipeline on what is going to be going on about the shirts, as Platnium badge holders pay a significant amount more for things like the shirt (which, if you look at the price, aren't really free, you just already paid for it).

I apologize about the size of the vouchers. I know now what size they need to be for next year, fret not. That is a total goof-up on my part, no one elses, and I beg forgivance!!! ;.;

The anniversary shirts should be okay for washing, as they were done with a different printer, and I've washed mine several times now, along with all my other years shirts, without a problem. Still, if one occurs, letting us know is good, so we can fix the problem (if it is in our power to do so).

Washing Graphic Shirts: Wash them inside out, to protect the graphic (especially if it's screened like ours), and in cold water, and with like colors. In fact, first wash I'd wash with darks or blacks. Best bet is to hang dry as well. This applies to all graphic shirts that use the screening process, and not dyed.
Plushthulhu at Youmacon2009 was a success. Let's see what crazy warm mascot cosplay I come up with next!

Amara Mizuki

Postby Amara Mizuki » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:56 am

I am also having some problems with my shirt. When I went to pick up the shirt, or sweatshirt (if they were out of shirts or down to only mediums, and you needed to pay $12 extra for them), I was not able to get the correct size, which is an XXL, and I had to settle for a L since, like mentioned, we technically all ready paid for the shirts in our badge registration, and I didn't want to just leave without one. The decal did not wash out like the shirts, but there is some major chipping all around the edges. I also noticed this slightly when I got back to the hotel room to put my sweatshirt away because I noticed white powdery stuff when I brushed my hand over the decal. Another thing, when I was in the dealer's room earlier during the con, I noticed that the sweatshirts all had this years decal plus they had YoumaCon 2010 written on them as well. However, when I looked at mine, not thinking anything was different, I noticed that it does not have YoumaCon 2010 written anywhere on the shirt. Was this supposed to be like this? If it is, then that decal is completely missing from mine.

I'm glad that things are being worked out for the shirts, because I was disappointed when I got mine. I have one from last year and everything worked out great (I am wearing mine now, as a matter of fact, lol).

Should I e-mail them as well, stating my problem, or should I wait til I hear something on this thread? I am just curious, since I know things are being done to try and fix the shirt problem, which I am very thankful for. If anyone could let me know what to do, that would be awesome :)
YoumaCon 2016 Plans:

Mei - Overwatch

VessaSushi
Dealers ADH

Postby VessaSushi » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:12 am

Hrm. Missing stuff on shirts...we had a few of those (you probably got one that was suppose to have been kept out of the selling pile due to missing parts).

As far as I am aware, none of the 2010 shirts say 2009. For those who have one that says 2009, what is the design on it? If it has red on it, then that is the 2009 Left for Dead shirt, and the other 2009 is the anniversary. If it is neither of these....then I need to know what the picture is to figure out what year it is from (despite what it says in lettering).

Again, we are working on getting things worked out.

~Vessa
Plushthulhu at Youmacon2009 was a success. Let's see what crazy warm mascot cosplay I come up with next!

Rob
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: Battle Of The Planets (back in the 70s, yo!)

Postby Rob » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:49 am

Not a Platinum this year, but I was disappointed with the seemingly terminal lack of 2010 T-shirts. The only time I saw any available, on Sunday morning, there were only S and M (I'm a 2XL, maybe an XL works). I do hope to have the opportunity to get a 2010 shirt in the future, even if it's not until Youmacon 2011.

If the shirts are being made right on that weekend, maybe instead they could be ordered and ready in advance, say a week earlier? It'd allow for quality control, as well as providing an ample supply already on hand (rather than having to shuttle back and forth between the manufacturer and the 'con). Giving the shirts a chance to "settle" untouched for a while, rather than giving out "hot off the presses" shirts, might also help slightly with the wash issue (okay, so that may be a bit of a reach, as I'm no expert in that area, but who knows, it couldn't hurt, could it?).
Youmacon attendee since 2005 - ninth year and counting!

Amara Mizuki

Postby Amara Mizuki » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:31 pm

Okay, I was wondering that when I noticed that particular decal was missing :)

Also, I believe that, when I ordered my badge and also my friend's badge for platinum, they asked what size shirt we were going to need. (I could be wrong, but I thought they asked...) If this is correct, would they have possibly been able to set aside the shirts with the person's badge name on them or no? Just curious since I know you all had so much stuff to prepare for and to take care of, lol

Thank you for looking into the problem too -^__^- and I hope something works out.
YoumaCon 2016 Plans:

Mei - Overwatch

VessaSushi
Dealers ADH

Postby VessaSushi » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:32 am

The big thing we had to deal with is that we had a last minute printer change, which meant making the guys doing the shirts pull all nighters to get what we had done, done. Won't be a problem next year, as we will have them done ahead of time, and in case of another printer bailout, have plenty of time to find a new printer.

I have put in a request that much like staff shirts are done, platnium badge owners can put in what size shirt they want. After that point, I (or whomever is doing it, but most likely me) will take those sizes out, and have them set aside. With the numbers we have right now, that is 250 shirts. Thems a lot of shirts ^.^

~Vessa

Amara Mizuki

Postby Amara Mizuki » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:07 am

VessaSushi wrote:The big thing we had to deal with is that we had a last minute printer change, which meant making the guys doing the shirts pull all nighters to get what we had done, done. Won't be a problem next year, as we will have them done ahead of time, and in case of another printer bailout, have plenty of time to find a new printer.

I have put in a request that much like staff shirts are done, platnium badge owners can put in what size shirt they want. After that point, I (or whomever is doing it, but most likely me) will take those sizes out, and have them set aside. With the numbers we have right now, that is 250 shirts. Thems a lot of shirts ^.^

~Vessa

O_O Wow, that is a lot of shirts, lol.

I'm sorry to hear about the printing problem that happened. I hope that everything will go okay next year so that you all don't have to experience that again, lol.
YoumaCon 2016 Plans:

Mei - Overwatch

ffviki
First Anime: Dragonball Z

Postby ffviki » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:50 am

Mine had the same issue, but my tshirt was white and is now half black because of the logo spreading >< I contacted the email addresses, thank you :) Hopefully this can get fixed.
2010 pics: Fri/Sat - http://on.fb.me/cpgpCt
Sun - http://on.fb.me/bCTM8b

Cosplay.com: ffviki
http://www.facebook.com/valelteri
http://deviantart.com/valnika

Youmacon 2010:
Viki - Suikoden V
Yuna - FFX-2
Liz Thompson - Soul Eater

ffviki
First Anime: Dragonball Z

Postby ffviki » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:23 am

Reposting to say I contacted the emails above but haven't heard back from them yet... are they supposed to mail us back or anything? My shirt is just sitting there, staring at me in all it's smudgy goodness, mocking me, laughing cuz I can't wear it :( lol
2010 pics: Fri/Sat - http://on.fb.me/cpgpCt
Sun - http://on.fb.me/bCTM8b

Cosplay.com: ffviki
http://www.facebook.com/valelteri
http://deviantart.com/valnika

Youmacon 2010:
Viki - Suikoden V
Yuna - FFX-2
Liz Thompson - Soul Eater

Return to “2010 Memories”