Most Memorable Moments

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our sixth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

shortpixie89

Re: Most Memorable Moments

Postby shortpixie89 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:40 pm

Oh man where do I even begin lol?
First of all I loved meeting a bunch of new people at the con that I've been chatting with on these forums. All of you guys I got to meet are amazing and I hope to meet more of you next year!
I guess my favorite part was just roaming around being random lol. We had a few make shift parties in our room that were a blast and I went to the Bleach and Yu Yu Hakusho photoshoots. (My first photo shoots ever :D and I cosplayed in both)
The team 4 star panel was probably the most hilarious panel I've ever seen lol
Sunday our group was running around quoting forrest gump for everything and I thought I was going to pee my pants I was laughing so hard lol
It was also hilarious when we would yell at elevators across from us when we were stopping AT EVERY FREAKIN FLOOR on our way down. Luckily we were on the 17th floor so it wasn't horrible
Oh and I got a call from a random private number, wtf lol
There's so many other memories but these are just a few :)
2011 Cons: Youmacon and Colossalcon
Panty (PSG)- Red dress, Transformation outfit
Mizune (Soul Eater)- 5 sister combined form
Tohru Honda (Fruits Basket)- Casual

Tsuki Yosei

Postby Tsuki Yosei » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:31 am

Being awakened by people three different times. I was extremely tired Sat after having 2 hours of sleep...and I was waiting for my charity ball buyer to return. Dressed as ballgown Ciel, I ended up falling asleep on a little couch thing that the staff members pointed me to.

1) I woke up to a random C.C. gently rubbing her hand on my forehead...She said something and walked away...I was half asleep so I don't remember what she said and how I reacted.

2) Violin Sebastian woke me up, saying something like "Bocchan...It's time to wake up". I open my eyes and see and amazing Sebastian and had to hug him...for the way he woke me up was adorable and I felt like I was dreaming.

3) I hear someone say "blahblahblah wake up" and the first person I see is another ballgown Ciel...as well as about 6 other people around her including violin Sebastian again. It was Awesome! XD best way to wake up ever! and they were sooo nice to me. I just hope my mouth wasn't opened and crap while I was sleeping...I would be totally embarrassed if it was. Lol

Leoj
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby Leoj » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:35 am

As a Gary, I walked up to this girl dressed as Ash and said something along the lines of I'm better than you and she just silently stepped back, gave me a look and opened her vest to reveal all her badges. I was utterly crushed by her. She owned me.

gold7598

Postby gold7598 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:54 am

Neeneeinacup wrote:
Mango_Koneko wrote:The whole con was such a great experience and this year was the best convention I have been to since I have been attending these things. I have to say my most memorable moments were:

-Getting into an elevator with a bunch of people and all of the sudden this guy starts playing Rick Astley on his MP3 player and every single person in that elevator started singing until we got off.

-Meeting all the awesome new people I made friends with.

-My boyfriend dressing up as Frylock and dancing at the rave with his fries going everywhere.

I have a bunch more, but these are the ones that really stood out for me. Thanks to all you fine people for making the con experience great!

I was the Kaito on that elevator! Man, That was my favorite elevator moment. I was so sad when you guys got off, hahaha. It reminded me of the rave elevators we had sometimes when the con was smaller.

I lovedlovedloved seeing Homestuck cosplayers! Totally made my Saturday.

I liked our community Uno game in the wintergardens Friday night! Penguin, Blue, Shoulder, thank you so much for playing with us! RED Soldier and I loved it.

EDIT: I almost forgot! The Valve shoot was amazing. DAT PYRO. And all the Nicks, haha!

mMMMmmmphhh (:D I had fun having an excuse to be crazy... Hopefully I'll have an axetinguisher, flare belt, flare gun and backpack for ACEN and next Youma). Big shoutout to the cowboy hat RED engi who made my flamethrower and found my gas mask (surprisingly hard). And to the girls who sold me the brain slug at artist alley like 20m before that photoshoot

EdrickV
First Anime: Robotech

Postby EdrickV » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:11 am

Right now there are four moments that particularly stand out.

The first one was walking down to the VAT room Thursday night to see what that was like and discovering not only that it was closed due to technical difficulties, but that there was a guy playing video game music by request on a piano. :) I stayed there a while and got about 9 minutes worth of audio/video.

The second moment was encountering Celeste as gijinka Dragonair. From Thursday till Saturday I had been keeping an eye out for a gijinka Dragonair that I knew someone was going to cosplay as, but I hadn't thought to print out or otherwise bring any info on who was doing it, when they would be doing it, and any info on where I might find them, and I had totally forgotten. Saturday I finally thought of a way to get the info I needed with my phone but without racking up huge data costs: turn off images :b Then I found out it was Celeste, who I'd actually met in person Friday night, and that she was going to wear that outfit on Sunday. The day I knew I would not have much time at the con. So I pretty much spent Sunday morning looking for her, and just about when I thought I would have to give up, there she was and I got some photos before we both had to head on our ways.

The third moment was when I unexpectedly saw a certain Halloween Aeris on Sunday who I had seen (and video taped) at that impromptu piano concert mentioned above. I hadn't gotten any pictures of her the first time around, so this time I did. :)

Moment four was Pixelated Cloud at the Final Fantasy photoshoot. Got that video recorded, though getting it onto Youtube will require a bit of work.
Youmacon 2012 Pictures: viewtopic.php?p=266173#p266173
Youmacon 2012 Costumes:
FF1 Red Mage, Pokemon Scientist Trainer from B/W
Pictures include Pokemon, Final Fantasy, CLAMP, photoshoots and Misc. pics

Celeste_the_shinobi
First Anime: Sailor Moon, when I was five.

Postby Celeste_the_shinobi » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:35 am

EdrickV wrote:The second moment was encountering Celeste as gijinka Dragonair. From Thursday till Saturday I had been keeping an eye out for a gijinka Dragonair that I knew someone was going to cosplay as, but I hadn't thought to print out or otherwise bring any info on who was doing it, when they would be doing it, and any info on where I might find them, and I had totally forgotten. Saturday I finally thought of a way to get the info I needed with my phone but without racking up huge data costs: turn off images :b Then I found out it was Celeste, who I'd actually met in person Friday night, and that she was going to wear that outfit on Sunday. The day I knew I would not have much time at the con. So I pretty much spent Sunday morning looking for her, and just about when I thought I would have to give up, there she was and I got some photos before we both had to head on our ways.

Aww, that's really sweet of you to say and do! T.T I'm glad that there were at least a few people that really truly appreciated my Dragonair's design. ^^
And it was an honor to pose for pictures for those who asked! =D
Cosplays for 2014: Not saying yet!

♪ わたしはおんがくをあいして!♪

shortpixie89

Postby shortpixie89 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:11 am

Celeste_the_shinobi wrote:
EdrickV wrote:The second moment was encountering Celeste as gijinka Dragonair. From Thursday till Saturday I had been keeping an eye out for a gijinka Dragonair that I knew someone was going to cosplay as, but I hadn't thought to print out or otherwise bring any info on who was doing it, when they would be doing it, and any info on where I might find them, and I had totally forgotten. Saturday I finally thought of a way to get the info I needed with my phone but without racking up huge data costs: turn off images :b Then I found out it was Celeste, who I'd actually met in person Friday night, and that she was going to wear that outfit on Sunday. The day I knew I would not have much time at the con. So I pretty much spent Sunday morning looking for her, and just about when I thought I would have to give up, there she was and I got some photos before we both had to head on our ways.

Aww, that's really sweet of you to say and do! T.T I'm glad that there were at least a few people that really truly appreciated my Dragonair's design. ^^
And it was an honor to pose for pictures for those who asked! =D

If I would have found you, I totally would have gotten a picture. The costume turned out amazing! I loved all the shades of blue. It was very interesting to look at lol
2011 Cons: Youmacon and Colossalcon
Panty (PSG)- Red dress, Transformation outfit
Mizune (Soul Eater)- 5 sister combined form
Tohru Honda (Fruits Basket)- Casual

Celeste_the_shinobi
First Anime: Sailor Moon, when I was five.

Postby Celeste_the_shinobi » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:48 am

shortpixie89 wrote:If I would have found you, I totally would have gotten a picture. The costume turned out amazing! I loved all the shades of blue. It was very interesting to look at lol

Aww, thanks Laura! <3 I wish I could have gotten more pics of you guys in cosplays too. ><
Cosplays for 2014: Not saying yet!

♪ わたしはおんがくをあいして!♪

xMoro-Dashix

Postby xMoro-Dashix » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:07 am

First one was most definitely when I was dressed up as France with my huge, for me at least, Hetalia group and our Silent Hill nurse buddy and we were teaching Lithuania that Belarus breaking his hand was not love through a demonstration. SH nurse took my hand gently at first and acting the gentleman I bowed a little and pretended to kiss it and we both said that's love, then she turned it around and crushed it while I pretended to be in extreme pain and falling to the ground saying that wasn't. I got to do that with a few people including Lichtenstein, Canada and a couple others.

Second was just running around with my group and having fun, including straddling England on the ground at a point, and yelling out to characters I recognized.
Friday/Sunday - Dave Strider
Saturday - Tavros Nitram

kaari-senpai
First Anime: Tenchi Muyo

Postby kaari-senpai » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:43 pm

I actually made a list of my most memorable moments...it's kinda long but totally epic. You should read:

http://spiritcreature.tumblr.com/
*~2012 Cosplays~*
- Ciel Phantomhive (with Sebby boyfriend) and Loki (Thor film version)-
http://www.cosplay.com/member/193283/
Brad Swaile is my homeboy.

Leoj
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby Leoj » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:21 pm

I also got a nosebleed from the dry and cold weather outside when I had to step outside to drop some stuff off at my car. Had to sit in the bathroom for like 10 minutes fixing that. Was not fun.

The_Original_UberCuber
First Anime: Dragon Ball Z

Postby The_Original_UberCuber » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:28 pm

So I'm walking out of the cafe-ish place they got at the Ren Cen (the exact name escapes me, but I think they call it "The Marquette" or something), and some guy sitting there, talking on the phone stops me and says "Hey, what's all this supposed to be?"

Me: "What do you mean? Like what I'm dressed up as?"
Him: "No, I mean like all this stuff going on. What's it supposed to be?"
Me: "Oh, it's an anime convention"
The man looks chipper and says into his phone, "It's an Animated Convention"
Me: "Sorry sir, you got me all wrong, it's an ANIME convention. You know, like Japanese cartoons"

The man ignores me and then asks me who I'm supposed to be. I say "Oh, Rorschach from Watchmen. He's a comic book character"

The man has the same look on his face and says into his phone again "This guy's Roar Shark from a watchman, he says he's a cartoon character" At that point, I just think "screw it, this guy's an idiot" and walk away

Oh yeah, and this guy looked like he was in his early thirties.
In Soviet Russia, signature reads YOU!

2012 Plans:
Deadpool (with or without Hawaiian shirt)
Naked Snake (with or without Skull facepaint)
Tommy Wiseau

Katlynn888

Postby Katlynn888 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:27 pm

Definitely when I was asked by a random cowboy America what love was. I think I much have fumbled through an answer to do with wives and Ebay adoption before I finally stopped myself. My sister, England, told the America that love was when you made shoes for someone. At which point we all went, WTF?

That, OR the Americas singing the Star Spangled Banner at the photoshoot. I sing that song for my school, and I thought it was hilarious when half of them fumbled their way trhough the middle of the song. XD Also, I didn't hit ANY of the high notes because I was half-dead from screaming and walking around in my heavy coat, so that was unbelievably funny for some reason.

And, of course, the flying-tackle glomp which I received randomly from someone with a 'free glomps' sign. I asked for a free glomp and he looks around and says, "Are there any security guards nearby?" And after looking, we both stepped back and ran at each other. XD
Cosplays from 2010:
Thursday and Sunday: Canada from Axis Powers: Hetalia. Red Maple Leaf hoodie and Santa Bear Kumajirou.
Friday and Saturday: Sweden from Axis Powers: Hetalia. Slightly off-color coat, wooden quarterstaff, and black leggings.

Craig Bayfield
First Anime: Ah! My Goddess

Postby Craig Bayfield » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:45 pm

A fairly serendipitious moment of the weekend was when I went to the SMT/Persona panel. I was running late as I was wrestling with a pair of contact lenses which did not want to fit. I ended up entering the room about 2/3 minutes into the panel. Doors were already closed. Now, at this point I'll note I am dressed as the villain from Persona 3 who appears only during the Dark Hour (an hour between one day and the next only a select few people can experience). I walk in the door and the lights had just died and the commentators were mentioning how it was suddenly the dark hour and the room was reacting to the lack of light.

I felt pretty cool walking into a room at that exact moment. It was just ---so fitting.

Memorable only to me, perhaps.

kaari-senpai
First Anime: Tenchi Muyo

Postby kaari-senpai » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:57 pm

So... instead of making you guys read my long list of memorable moments, I'll just put down the best one.

I had asked Brad Swaile at the Maid Cafe if he would bring his guitar to his panel and sing the Death Note theme song for us. He said he would try.
So the next day at his Q&A, he brought his guitar but didn't have time to play it as so many people were asking questions. My 5 friends and I stayed after the panel after everyone had left and I commented on how it was too bad that he didn't have time to play his guitar. He then proceeded to open the case, saying it would be more 'intimate' this way, and then played and sang the Death Note theme song, 'The World' all the way through for just my friends and I. We were speechless. I can't think of a sweeter thing that a voice actor could ever do for his fans... It truly was an 'intimate' moment. <3
*~2012 Cosplays~*
- Ciel Phantomhive (with Sebby boyfriend) and Loki (Thor film version)-
http://www.cosplay.com/member/193283/
Brad Swaile is my homeboy.

Return to “2010 Memories”