Most Memorable Moments

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our sixth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Moriko Suzuki

Re: Most Memorable Moments

Postby Moriko Suzuki » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:44 pm

>Sharing a waltz with Kermit the Frog himself. It was a pleasure indeed <3
>> Being recorded atleast 3 times of me singing XD embarrassing yet fun
>>> Having people run up to me and say "I REMEMBER YOU FROM LAST YEAR"
>>>> In my hotel room my friends and I were being silly and couldn't sleep the first night. We were all piled onto the bed together and suddenly I started to squeak because I was laughing so hard. Everyone went silent then started to crack up, which made me laugh/squeak louder. I couldn't breathe and I started to hypervenilate in small sqeaks... It was crazy but a lot of fun :D
>>>>> Watching my friend Zack who was Pedo Bear molest about 500 people... that was interesting.
>>>>>> A lady from the Artist Alley gave me a cupcake when I sang to her. She said "Shhh don't tell anyone" It made my day :D

And there's tons more that I could name.
2013 Cosplays:
Asuna - Sword Art Online
Nyotalia America - Hetalia
Sasha Braus - Attack On Titan

Emiko87

Postby Emiko87 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:14 pm

I was in the dealer's room and this girl who apparently is a giant fan of the character I was crossplaying (Lithuania from Hetalia) squee'd at me and was all "ohmigosh I have to hug you!" and after hugging me she proceeded to fangirl at me very excitedly with this long speech about how much she loved Lithuania and ended it with "You (meaning the character) are so gay." I wanted to laugh really bad (not to make fun of her, it was just so random) but I just said "I know" (I guess she's a yaoi fan lol.) What made that even more lulzy is that I was digging through a box of yaoi doujinshi when she came up to me. I didn't even know Lithuania had fangirls like that lol
q. how many kids with add does it take to change a lightbulb?
a. let's all go ride bikes!

...in America

Juvia Lockser 2014

G-Fan
First Anime: Voltron

Postby G-Fan » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:05 pm

L.C. DeAyora wrote:
G-Fan wrote:
L.C. DeAyora wrote:I'd have to say that one of my favorite moments was when half the Scott pilgrim cast met up randomly at the food court and we all arranged a photoshoot. I was super excited~ <3

That was pretty awesome, definitely one of the most fun times I had all con. Which Ramona were you?

I was the one with the darkest (I think) wig and the really big hammer. It says you were the Gideon in your siggy, so I was the one who was on your leg for the Ramona/Gideon shots. XD

Ah, yes, I remember.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy."
— Ishiro Honda

Dr. Cube (Kaiju Big Battel)
Hannibal Chau (Pacific Rim)

Traeonna
First Anime: can't remember that far back

Postby Traeonna » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:41 pm

MaleahLynn wrote:All Tied Up panel = <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I'm so happy to hear people had a good time. Mission Complete!
Youmacon 2012
All Tied Up, Panel/Workshop, Friday, 9P-11P, Panel Room B AND Saturday, 7P-9P, Panel Room E | FEEDBACK thread

Arashi-sempai

Postby Arashi-sempai » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:56 pm

Well, on Sunday, my friends wanted to stalk Vic Migllama (as I like to call him), and go see his Star Trek panel. We were all dressed as Chrno Crusade characters, and atleast I was comfortable in my costume. Well, at the end of the panel, my friend Kari goes up and starts telling Vic how much she loves him, how she missed getting stuff signed the day before, and how she cried. She ended up talking him into giving signatures. I had to say that was one of the funniest moments of the con.

Oh! and having a dance party in the back of the green room with Sebastian and Ciel, along with some other people, like Cakeguy. My friend Hoshi party boyed everyone.
2011 Youmacon Plan:
Vocaloid: Yowane Haku- Normal, Magnet, and (homemade) H_Type
OHSHC: Kyouya Ootori (skit)
2011 Jafax plan:
Vocaloid: Yowane Haku- Normal
Harvest Moon: Jack (HM: AWL)

npc_
First Anime: Robotech

Postby npc_ » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:37 am

A giant moogle killed a random expendable ninja and gained one experience point. Someone took a picture of this but I haven't found it yet online.
2012: http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums/z38 ... ?start=all

2010: http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums/z38 ... ?start=all

Photos taken by Random Expendable guys. All photos edited by me.

onestar
First Anime: Why is this a required field?
Location: I'm not sayin' that I'm the best, but uh, it's kinda obvious from the way you're hatin' on me

Postby onestar » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:45 pm

The rave at How to Con 2. If you weren't there you missed the superior rave.
The Velvet Room | Metagame 3 | How to Con: Elegant Garden Party | to be revealed | to be revealed | Youmacon Achievements 2014

arissa_the_ninja

Postby arissa_the_ninja » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:26 pm

well i had many but one is more of a large thank you to a staff member of the hotel lol. On the last day since all of the elevators were full me and my friends had to use the stairs to get to the first floor. Well my prob is I'm really weak compared to all of them so i was trying to carry a large rolling suit case along with a keyblade. Well wasn't working to well for me, we only got down 2 floors before lost grip of my suitcase and it landed on my leg when i was on the last 2 stairs. I just told my friends i couldn't do it and that i would rather wait forever for an elevator then deal with that. So i got off on that floor and waited in the elevator area forever it somewhat seemed. Then one of the elevators stopping on the floor had 3 people in it. Two older women and a Hotel staff member bringing luggage down on a cart. well there wasn't much room but the hotel worker let me in, i thanked her so much and we passed on to the first floor (not picking any other floors up). I don't know the staff members name but i want to really thank her because my leg was in a lot of pain and my ride was leaving soon when that happened. ^ ^
Youmacon 11:

Ranka Lee - Macross Fronter 75% (waiting for outfit in the mail then done)
Casual Sakura Haruno- Naruto 50%
School Uniform Stocking / Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt- 0% (will be 100% when all my stuff comes in the mail)

ATICE
First Anime: DragonBall Z

Postby ATICE » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:01 pm

- Security actually trying to be nice at the Vic signing after his Full Metal Alchemist convention video. I couldn't get an autograph and was standing patiently and they just were trying for like 10 minutes to get me an autograph but to no avail. I like it when they try at least you know.
- Getting on an elevator with Nappa and Vegeta... just quoting Team Four Star jokes and doing it again on another elevator! Especially just the Nappa and Vegeta moments! SO PRICELESS!
- Meeting a genuine fan of MKvsDC in the game room! That was awesome!
- Meeting a group of DC cosplayers who were like "OMG IMPULSE! IMPULSE!" sadly no pics, but it was still awesome how there were dc cosplayers who actually watch Smallville.
- Walking up like 20 flights of stairs with a woman who enthusiastically watches Smallville (like me) and took a pic of me. I couldn't thank her enough! ^_^
- Meeting Team Four Star! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! I got a Hellsing poster signed by all of them!

sorahellsing
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby sorahellsing » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:57 am

My favorite 2010 moment was when I went outside, to the river just across from Canada [or at least I think it was] smoking a cig [this was when I met my friends will and sam] and this guy ran past us chasing a squirrel. xD It was hilarious! I'd love to know who it was that did that!
Youmacon 2013 Cosplay List

Harley Quinn [Batman]
Ellis [Left 4 Dead 2]
Hunter [Left 4 Dead]
Haruhi Fujioka [Ouran High School Host Club]

[Days are not decided, probably constant costume change each day]

animegamer04

Postby animegamer04 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:06 am

The most memorable moments was the moments I spent with the GF I met there one year and spending as much time as possible with her the whole time this year like last year. lol team four star in the 18+ panel!! The best moment I can remember is meeting the people in the panel a few times wandering the con. The best memories is the random singing in the lines and the moments I spent with my GF I had at the time.

DemonBlackDragon
First Anime: Tenchi Muyo

Postby DemonBlackDragon » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:01 pm

I have a few great moments I'll never forget.

-A few girls at the slumber party that wanted me to kiss them in my Phanto costume as wel as them trying to steal my key XD
-Taka saying he loved my Franky Costume.
-The people at Burger King taking my picture with there cell phones.
-People screaming that I huanted there child hoods when I was Phanto.

I can't wait till November!! ><
Youmacon 2017 cosplay list:
Thursday: Male Ryoko with Female Tenchi (Tenchi Muyo)
Friday: The Joker with Harley Quinn (Batman)
Saturday:Hannyabal with Sadi (One Piece)
Sunday: Hugo with Posion (Streetfighter X Tekken)

kawaii_yuki-chan
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby kawaii_yuki-chan » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:30 pm

why is it that everything happened by the elevators!??
i was glomped, hugged and licked by Gir...o_o it was just one of those things you couldnt forget
but thats what happens when your Bel xD ushishishi everyone loooves the prince
Youmacon 2012
GodTier!John- Homestuck
Shiemi Moriyama- Ao no Exorcist
Mikage- 07-Ghost
Xerxes Break- Pandora Hearts

Kazuma Sakurai
First Anime: Cardcaptor Sakura

Postby Kazuma Sakurai » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:58 pm

Just seeing the Miror B. cosplayer (From Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD:Gale of Darkness) when I waiting in line for the Maid Cafe was an unofrgettable experience(He even had the glasses!). That character is definitely one of the last characters I would of thought anyone would of cosplayed ever, and being a fan of him and his dancing Ludicolo from the game, I was thrilled to get a hug and picture :D
"It's whoop-ass time!" - Maya Amano

Youmacon 2012:
Tohru Adachi (Persona 4)

notshort1
First Anime: Naruto

Postby notshort1 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:47 pm

Well, meeting vic is one. Oh yeah and meeting so many nice people who made my first con soo awesome. :D :D :D I am going back to youmacon this year definetly.
cosplays:
GT!Dirk (75%)
Sollux (100%)
Dirk Strider(75%)
Hooded Figure (100%)
--
♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓
❑ Single
❑ Taken
✔ Mentally dating Dirk Strider
--
Loading Swag. ████████████████ 99%