Youma Shoutouts!

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our sixth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Rit-chan!

Re: Youma Shoutouts!

Postby Rit-chan! » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:36 pm

Genten wrote:I just have a few:

~The Kareha in maid uniform who knew who I was cosplaying! I would've liked to talk to a fellow Shuffle! fan longer but I was quite busy that weekend. It's a shame she didn't see my friend dressed up as Asa XD
~The guy who took a picture of my Precure group on Saturday and even knew the anime we were from! He even knew the character's by name. Made my day.
~All of the awesome Touhou cosplayers! Especially the Yuyuko I took a picture of who took a picture of my costume.
~(Slight Youma-crush too): The DearS cosplayers that I ran into on Saturday. Thank you for cosplaying such an obscure and awesome series!
~The (one) Mikado cosplayer I saw. Thank you for being the only one to cosplay my favorite character....
~The guy I talked to at the booth selling dojinshi in the Dealers Room on Saturday. Thank you for listening my gripes about no one drawing doujins of my OTP from Drrr!
~Everyone that took pictures of me and my friends. I love you all and you really made my weekend.

aww! you knew who I was! I was also kareha in the maid outfit and the uniform from shuffle, I was also c2 for like 2 hours and then ciel for the rest. but yeah your welcome haha
you hit me once, I hit you back, you gave a kick, I gave a slap, you smashed a plate over my head, then I set fire to our bed!
I kiss with a fist is better then none <3

Rit-chan!

Postby Rit-chan! » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:39 pm

Super_Luigi wrote:OK, where to start...

First off, shout out to Genten above for being one of the four Shuffle! cosplayers I saw (and got pictures of). I was completely floored, actually seeing four of them. Shuffle! is my favorite anime, and it totally made my con to see all you guys. I'm not much of a talker, but I would've loved to chat for hours with you awesome Shuffle! fans. And apparently... I missed a fifth one? Kareha in maid garb...?! Man, I think I would have fainted. </end fanboyism>

Secondly, and I'm SO mad I didn't have my camera at the time, a huge shout-out to the Isaac cosplayer (from Golden Sun). I was Garet from the same series, and I was elated someone else was giving the awesome RPG some love, especially with the third installment coming out this month. Unfortunately they had switched cosplays by the time I retrieved my camera... I wanted to bawl.

Staying on the Golden Sun note, a big thumbs-up has to go to the people who recognized me in my cosplay. Especially to the person who recognized me from behind, and without my wig. :D They said they go on the Golden Sun Realm forums; perhaps they come here too? Add me on Facebook if you're around somewhere.

Props also have to go to the many Touhou characters, girls and guys alike. Yuyuko Saigyouji, Flandre Scarlet and Tenshi Hinanai were especially awesome (pics on my Facebook). All the love going around for Touhou was awesome.

Pokemon... Where do I start? There were a whole bunch of Pokemon I loved, and must give shoutouts to. For starters, Zoroark was an unexpected treat. Marill and Azumarill especially attracted my attention, since they're among my favorites. Psyduck and Poliwhirl, you were awesome. Basically, if I got a solo shot of you, I loved you.

This has gotten TL;DR-ish, so I'll stop there. Just know I had a blast seeing a large majority of my favorite anime and game characters represented, especially since most are pretty obscure. That's one of the things that makes Youmacon so awesome.

haha yes ill most pics of myself in the maid uniform, I was kareha in the waitress outfit
you hit me once, I hit you back, you gave a kick, I gave a slap, you smashed a plate over my head, then I set fire to our bed!

ffviki
First Anime: Dragonball Z

Postby ffviki » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:41 pm

Wife wrote:Shout out to the Sakura and Syaoran from Tsubasa!
When I asked to take a picture of you guys, Syaoran dipped Sakura and kissed her. It was amazing.Thank you for the awesome photo!

Aww these two are my friends! They say thanks for the shout out :)

And I just remembered another shoutout! All of the people who stayed at the Deathnote Mafia until well after 6am XD I was the Viki from Suikoden with the large staff who passed out at the table once we merged the games >_> I had so much fun with all of you!!
2010 pics: Fri/Sat - http://on.fb.me/cpgpCt
Sun - http://on.fb.me/bCTM8b

Cosplay.com: ffviki
http://www.facebook.com/valelteri
http://deviantart.com/valnika

Youmacon 2010:
Viki - Suikoden V
Yuna - FFX-2
Liz Thompson - Soul Eater

Rit-chan!

Postby Rit-chan! » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:53 pm

*sighs* where do I begin
Shout out
Thursday- to all the people in line, I was kareha and I tryed to entertain everyone

Friday- to everyone who didn't kidnap me, pick me up, tie me up or drag me away. haha and to the sebby who saved me from those honeys >_>

saturday- sebby for rubbing my feet for 3 hours, hannah and madam red for the tea party, yazmin for hugging peto bear to get her coke back from me, all the black butler people, and much more. and the heartless I had on a leash. and that usless sebby that helped madam red tie me up >_> and to all the people who just sat and took pics of griel and other fangirls tie me up

Sunday- to sebby for playin the violin while we where having tea. to the black butler people who had tea with me, to madam red for the m&m fight, and to danta and the cat boy who kept picking me up and running around with me. >_> and pedo bear who tryed kidnaping me...

thank you all, ive never been chased so much -_-

DarkHayama
First Anime: Tenchi Muyo

Postby DarkHayama » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:47 pm

Oh! I also want to give a shoutout to "Terra" from the family feud. The TARDIS coat was amazing.
Planned 2011 cosplays.
-Ted (Suikoden I)
-Super Secret Cosplay of Awesomeness

Csophae

Postby Csophae » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:54 pm

Also a shoutout to the Greed who sat with my friend and I outside the food court on Saturday. We were talking about the seven sins in FMA and the changes with Brotherhood. Expected to run into you again at the SSBB tourney and/or the rave, but we didn't make it to either. In looking at the photos it looks like you dressed as Vash one day (if that was you) and it looked awesome!
Despite massive costume problems, Wildberry Princess was ultimately a success.

tsukeru
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby tsukeru » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Genten wrote:~The (one) Mikado cosplayer I saw. Thank you for being the only one to cosplay my favorite character....

THANK YOU! You just made my day. I think there was only one other person besides the people at the Durarara shoot that actually knew who I was. ;_;

I don't understand why Mikado is so under-loved in Durarara. No one cosplays him and he has absolutely no merchandise. I'm anxiously awaiting my private photoshoot pics. I had a blast this weekend with my amazing Durarara group (even if we did not get many "group" shots like we planned). We shall be back in 2011! Hopefully, bigger and more complete of an awesome Durarara group =)
2012 Cosplay Plans:
Princess Bubblegum - Adventure Time (tart dress)
Frodo Baggins - Lord of the Rings
Kiyone Makibi - Tenchi Muyo

http://www.etsy.com/shop/tsukeru

tsukeru

Postby tsukeru » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:24 pm

Suki_kitty wrote:- The Luke and Guy who ran the Tales of Panel. Thanks so much for holding that. It's the only time of the year I can actually have a conversation with multiple other Tales of fans. And it's always the most audience-interactive panel of the con for me.[/i]

Thank you so much for being awesome and dedicated Tales of panel-goer. (And not to mention for my little Anise figure.) This panel may not always get a full room of people, but it's by far one of my favorite audience-interactive panels to run. I know us Tales of fans are rare these days, so it's always a great thing to find others who share our love for Namco. We will be back for our fourth year in a row in 2011!
2012 Cosplay Plans:

Hidden Laughs
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby Hidden Laughs » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:58 pm

-Celtyyy, the one who hung out with our DRRR group for the little private shoot! It was soo nice to meet you and we should totally get in contact again! :D
-Auds, for taking time out of your con to give my friend and I a private photoshoot! I absolutely cannot wait for the results!
-Fruits Basket cosplayers, thanks for all of you that attended the shoot! Even if we were just hanging out a bit of the time - I'm still happy that the fandom isn't entirely dead!
-Big Sister/Little Sisters, YOU GUYS WERE AWESOME. My friend and I were splicers running around and we wanted to get to talk to you but it was in the hallway and you were bombarded with pictures and it was really crowded!
-TotallyToasty, you girls are fabulous and I love both of you a lot! I'm glad I got to see you guys for the photoshoot but I can't believe we were on the same floor!
-Everyone who attended the Pokemon/Durarara/Baccano panel! Thank you for coming! I was the Misty/Masaomi for those panels! I had fun hosting both and both I think are returning!
-Walker! You were awesome, my friend. :D
-The male Izaya, you, my friend, were the epitome of Izaya creepin'.
-Julie/sreddous, I'm so glad I got to catch you on Sat/Sun for a minute to say hi! :D
-ALL MY FRIENDS IN THE SHOW YOUR FACE THREAD. It was very nice to finally meet most of you in person!!! You were all so adorable and fun and always said hi to me whenever I passed one of you guys!
-This girl in a panda suit who took a picture with us as splicers! You were really warm and we were very amused by you!
-Isaac and Miria! You two were absolutely adorable!
Youmacon 2013 Cosplay Plans~:
+. Syo Kurusu [Uta no Prince Sama]
+. Hanji Zoe [Attack on Titan]
+. Kurisu Makise [Steins;Gate]
+. Nagisa Hazuki [Free!]

tsukeru

Postby tsukeru » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:25 pm

- To my amazing Durarara group: you guys know who you are. We will be freakin' epic for ever. And I can't wait until Acen until we'll be together again!
- Celty - thank you so much for joining our group on Friday night! That totally made my weekend =)
- Creeper Izaya - You are amazing at staying in character. Keep at it!
- To my other Masaomi: sorry we never found a time to do a "private" shoot during the con. We were always doing different things at different times. But I promise, the next con we will! I can never have too many Kidas ;-)
- Issac and Miria - I wanted to hunt you down after the panel when I was cosplaying Baccano so we could of got a group pic, but thank you for not making me one of the only Baccano cosplayers there this past weekend! I absolutely loved you guys!
- To Elemental, thank you for taking your time out of your con to do our private shoot with us! I'm looking forward to seeing our awesome pics!
- Master Splinter - whoever you are; YOU ARE MY ****. Hands down.
- To the Fruits Basket people - you guys are awesome, but to cosplay mishaps, I couldn't stay in Hatsuharu alot on Friday
- Suki_kitty - Thanks again for coming to the Tales of panel!
- To the loyal Tales of fans who came for the 3rd year of the Tales of panel, thank you!
2012 Cosplay Plans:

Moriko Suzuki

Postby Moriko Suzuki » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:52 pm

Oh geez I have a lot this year...

~To all the friends I was rooming with which consists of, Team Magma, Pedo Bear, Tediursa, Peach, Itachi and Josh... He didn't cosplay. Lolz :3
~ Those guys I kept running into who called me sailor moon and made fun of me for singing... Quail Man, Charlie Brown and the others weren't dressed up...
~ The staff member who danced with me and my friend at the Charity Ball. I ran into you like 5 hundred times XD You were awesome and you taught me how to do the Time Warp because I was the only one who didnt know how to do it.
~ The guy in the kilt at the Charity Ball. You were a blast!
~ Kermit the Frog who waltzed with me at the Charity Ball
~ The two people who asked me and my friend to dance at the Chairty Ball... You two actually came up to us and offered a dance. It made me blush >w< Thank you for that
~ Mr. Joker who danced with my friends and I at the VAT dance and the rave... Thanks for the number by the way :3
~ One of the Miku girls who would randomly show up and sing with me... She wore glasses. (I was miku too btw. I was the "Will Sing For Hugs" one :D)
~ EmoAlucard... Thank you for singing to me... I'm sorry I did not sing for you. I felt bad ):
~ Those few people who remembered me from last year... Always a pleasure to be remembered <3
~ The dance group who rand the Dance 101 panel. You guys were HILARIOUS!
~ Everyone who took a picture or a video of me... I appreciate it. :3
~ Adam, I finally know your name :D
~ The girls I played 10 fingers with till like 5am. That was different XD
~ the guy who had a Free Hugs sign and wore a hat the whole time... I ran into you a lot and always gave you a hug! You're awesome :D

There's so many more that I could name, but I'm forgetting... I'll add on if I remember...
2013 Cosplays:
Asuna - Sword Art Online
Nyotalia America - Hetalia
Sasha Braus - Attack On Titan

Moriko Suzuki

Postby Moriko Suzuki » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:58 pm

Em0XAlucard wrote:-Brea- You and your recognizing me! It was awesome finally seeing you!

Yay! I know! I was so excited when I saw your sign! :D
2013 Cosplays:
Asuna - Sword Art Online
Nyotalia America - Hetalia
Sasha Braus - Attack On Titan

Reichan

Postby Reichan » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:27 pm

karmada wrote:
Amberspike-Sama wrote:Oh, Luke! I thought you were a fantastic Luke. XD I don't know, you just captured him really well, and I was laughing so much at your antics during that shoot.

Thanks! XD I have a lot of fun being him!

I'll have to make some of my alternate outfits one of these days...

I think all the tales cosplayers are so awesomely wacky, all the shoots I've been to with various ones have been so much fun and hilarious! They totally let me fall into character and play along, and silliness ensues. :)

The tales shoot is always my favorite shoot to be in since it's always such a blast :3 It is always one of the highlights of my weekend!

I hope all you fabulous tales cosplayers are going to be at acen for more antics! :3 :3
2011 Cosplays!!
- Fon Master Ion (Tales of the Abyss)
- Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji)

http://reizechan.deviantart.com/ & http://www.facebook.com/#!/nicole.krumm

Soul Eat3R
First Anime: Happy Lesson

Postby Soul Eat3R » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:49 pm

As of Now i'll give 10 Shotouts since there are so many I'd like to give.... well here goes
1) All the people on the Single forum, I want to meet up with you all again
2) Patty from Soul Eater, Running the show and cosplaying Well
3) Props to the Thunder and Ice Castle Crashers...... Nice going Guys
4) To both the Starkk and Linette Cosplayers... both looking great and the Linette wasn't feared for going all out on her cosplay
5) To the Girl's that Gave me hugs and the people who saw my Mifune Cosplay and took pics of it.
6) To all who came and worshipped Little Kurioboh and the Dangerous Boarxxx I made
7) To the people who said Bill from Accounting when I cosplayed him and put Scar marks on my face :D
8 ) The Santa Claus in the Dealers room with a gun.... My Christmas will never be the same again.
9) All Soul Eater Cosplayers..... especially Excalibur
10) To the Mature group I met and talked with around Midnight on thursday around the lobby in those couches..... we need to hang out more :D
That's all for Now
Attending since 07...YESSIR!!

shugotenchi

Postby shugotenchi » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:26 pm

ALL OTHER SEALANDS! WE SHALL INVADE THE EARTH AND EMERGE AS A WORLD POWER!

Eh...whoops! Sorry, didn't see you there, again. ;)

Return to “2010 Memories”