Most Memorable Moments

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our sixth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Miss-Bashful
First Anime: Pokemon

Re: Most Memorable Moments

Postby Miss-Bashful » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:09 am

I had a couple..

1) I got lost.
2) When I smiled and waved at this teeny, adorable boy who cosplayed as Naruto while I was standing in line, and he smiled and waved back. ^^ All kids should be that friendly, most just give me weird looks and walk away... ;w;
3) When me and my friend took candy from pedobear!!! 8D
4) I got tackleglomped by some random girls in Artist's Alley who then proceeded to fangirl. xD (I was cosplaying as North Italy from Hetalia) It made me feel awesome.
5) Watching my friend kick some serious butt at Limbo during the AMV Wars! >:D (She didn't win though. :c)

Probably more, but it's late and I'm sleepy... =3=
2013://
[Fri - Sat] Fluttershy (MLP: FiM)
[Sun] Navi (LoZ: OoT)

SOUL REAPER L
First Anime: Bleach

Postby SOUL REAPER L » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:32 pm

Bradical wrote:I spilled Dr. Pepper all over myself in the food court and it looked like I peed my pants. Funniest thing that happened that weekend.

Also running around drunk at 2 AM asking people if they liked my hat.

Hahaha! I shall avoid the Dr. Pepper this year! XD
You reminded me of one of my favorite moments... Youma was my first convention, and my mom was really skeptical at first. She hates (with burning fury) everything to do with Anime and Japan. So she didn't really... approve of Anime at first. And then she started walking around the con, and looking at the different cosplays. She called me and told me she was really enjoying it, and that she was glad that she came.
So I went to the food court downstairs with the school's Anime Club. I have never really been close with them or anything, but we all ended up showing up there at the same time. So we sit down to eat, and my mom comes up to talk to me. Then this random kid jumps right up in her face. She leaps back, thinking he's going to mug her or something. Then he says; "You like my hat?!"

She just stood there for a moment with this look on her face like; "That's it. We are out of here NOW!"

After a moment she says; "Um... yeah.... that's... a nice hat you got there..." The kid looked all impressed and then sat back down. That was a facepalm moment for me if ever there were one. I think she still has nightmares about that.... XD

When we got home, she turns to me and goes; "I hated that kid's hat."
It probably shouldn't have been as funny as it was...
"We stand in awe before which that cannot be seen.
And respect, with every fiber, that which cannot be explained.
And so fell the sword of fate"

CIAAPC
First Anime: YuGiOh/Tokyo Mew Mew

Postby CIAAPC » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:03 pm

XD! Reasons like these is why my dad would never be able to go to Youma, his reflex is to punch when scared XD
Youma2012:
Princess Celestia [I will attempt this, because I didn't see any this year ;-;]
Hinaichigo from Rozen Maiden

Post-con depression is depressing.....

SOUL REAPER L

Postby SOUL REAPER L » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:16 pm

CIAAPC wrote:XD! Reasons like these is why my dad would never be able to go to Youma, his reflex is to punch when scared XD

Haha! Mine is coming this year... good thing he is a big guy, so no one tries that stuff with him! XD Not to mention he will most likely be carrying around a fake machine gun... XD THAT'S enough to stop someone cold! XDDD

ClefJ
First Anime: Iria: Zeiram the Animation

Postby ClefJ » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:46 pm

Most memorable moment, mmmm... I was in the Youmacon Masquerade skits, and ours was the first one for the evening. Rightly frightening it was to be on stage for the first time and set precedent. But as soon as I walked out and there were so many cheers, and even an "I LOVE YOU LORD DARCIA! 8D", I do say, I squeed a little inside. And the skit performed wonderfully. I was quite happy with that, made up for all the hours I couldn't see a thing under that mask.

I also got a box of gummi worms that I ate in a comfy recliner in the hotel room overlooking the river and cityfront. Made me feel like some wicked lazy overlord. Pleasant evening, that.
...This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win -- and it can -- then I'll still be here tomorrow, to high-five you yesterday, my friend... Peace.

CIAAPC

Postby CIAAPC » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:12 pm

SOUL REAPER L wrote:
CIAAPC wrote:XD! Reasons like these is why my dad would never be able to go to Youma, his reflex is to punch when scared XD

Haha! Mine is coming this year... good thing he is a big guy, so no one tries that stuff with him! XD Not to mention he will most likely be carrying around a fake machine gun... XD THAT'S enough to stop someone cold! XDDD

See I WISH mine would come, I know they'd have a blast [they don't necessarily like anime but they're weird, and they like big events. That's why I wish the majority of my friends would come too =_= but that's almost hopeless...
Youma2012:

SOUL REAPER L

Postby SOUL REAPER L » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:46 pm

CIAAPC wrote:
SOUL REAPER L wrote:

See I WISH mine would come, I know they'd have a blast [they don't necessarily like anime but they're weird, and they like big events. That's why I wish the majority of my friends would come too =_= but that's almost hopeless...

I know what you mean... my mom HATES Anime, my brother makes fun of it, and the rest of my relatives are afraid I am going "goth", so not much love there... It's not like that at all though! People just do not have open minds these days... My mom and brothers went last year, and they were skeptical at first. But as soon as my mom saw the costumes, she fell in love with it, and wanted to come back again this year. If more people would just give it a chance, I think that they would be pleasantly surprised. But I am with you. Many people don't like it without even knowing what it is in the first place... :cry:

CIAAPC

Postby CIAAPC » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:14 am

SOUL REAPER L wrote:
CIAAPC wrote:
SOUL REAPER L wrote:Haha! Mine is coming this year... good thing he is a big guy, so no one tries that stuff with him! XD Not to mention he will most likely be carrying around a fake machine gun... XD THAT'S enough to stop someone cold! XDDD

I know what you mean... my mom HATES Anime, my brother makes fun of it, and the rest of my relatives are afraid I am going "goth", so not much love there... It's not like that at all though! People just do not have open minds these days... My mom and brothers went last year, and they were skeptical at first. But as soon as my mom saw the costumes, she fell in love with it, and wanted to come back again this year. If more people would just give it a chance, I think that they would be pleasantly surprised. But I am with you. Many people don't like it without even knowing what it is in the first place... :cry:

Theres a trick to that though, if you keep talking it up and talking it up, they'll eventually listen to you. I got about a quarter of my friends going next year. [Not that I have that many friends but, yeah]
Youma2012:

EdrickV
First Anime: Robotech

Postby EdrickV » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:47 am

Edit: Wrong tab.

Anyways, the method above won't be much use if your friends have already seen Anime and just aren't interested in it anymore.
Youmacon 2012 Pictures: viewtopic.php?p=266173#p266173
Youmacon 2012 Costumes:
FF1 Red Mage, Pokemon Scientist Trainer from B/W
Pictures include Pokemon, Final Fantasy, CLAMP, photoshoots and Misc. pics

CIAAPC

Postby CIAAPC » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:09 pm

It'll work if you talk up the non anime things that you like, like I CONSTANTLY talk up the 'rave' and now they wanna go because of it. [Theres not much else on the schedule my friends brought up, other then Anime Drink that Tune [only because its drinking =_=;] and How to make cosplay wings and how to make a plushie mascot.
Youma2012:

Return to “2010 Memories”