Youmacon 2013 Artist's Alley Information (UPDATE OCT 7th)

Moderators: Hikaru0, Public Moderators

ETNsilverstar
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Re: Youmacon 2013 Artist's Alley Information and Processes

Postby ETNsilverstar » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:52 am

CaptiveAura wrote:
ETNsilverstar wrote:The space is ONLY the table. There's a little space behind so you can usually get away with a display behind your table as long as it's not interfering with other artists. There wouldn't really be space for another table. I'm assuming the setup will be similar to last year, even if it isn't in the same spot in the room.

We wouldn't be using the table provided in this instance.

Hmm...well in that case, I'm not sure. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use your own table instead, but I guess it would depend on whether or not it is easy to move the provided table. Sorry, guess you'll have to wait till hikaru can answer.

karmada

Postby karmada » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:56 pm

Okay, kind of a weird bizarre question (unless I failed a perception check and I missed it, which is also entirely possible). I got accepted into the alley, and made my payment.

I received the first email saying badges had been purchased, and it had a code, and a link to redeem them. The day after I received my Artist alley confirmation email, but this one had two NEW codes, but no links.

Do I still redeem the badges from the original email? I would assume so, but I want to make sure I'm clicking on the right things.

(I didn't register for the alley last year, and didn't realize I had to redeem my regular badge until a week before the show in 2012! I just want to follow the proper procedure.)

Thanks!
Alcohol and Calculus don't mix. Don't Drink and Derive.
5/4 people have problems with fractions.

Damien_Damien
First Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist

Postby Damien_Damien » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:35 pm

I bought a general attendee badge before registering for the Alley, and I saw on the site to email webmaster@youmacon.com about getting a refund for the first badge. I wrote them several days ago and haven't heard back yet. Are they usually very prompt about responding, or should I wait a few more days to hear back before I try contacting them again?

ETNsilverstar

Postby ETNsilverstar » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:16 pm

karmada wrote:Okay, kind of a weird bizarre question (unless I failed a perception check and I missed it, which is also entirely possible). I got accepted into the alley, and made my payment.

I received the first email saying badges had been purchased, and it had a code, and a link to redeem them. The day after I received my Artist alley confirmation email, but this one had two NEW codes, but no links.

Do I still redeem the badges from the original email? I would assume so, but I want to make sure I'm clicking on the right things.

(I didn't register for the alley last year, and didn't realize I had to redeem my regular badge until a week before the show in 2012! I just want to follow the proper procedure.)

Thanks!

Last year that was how mine came through and I used the email that had the links in it. I waited till a week or something before the con to redeem them. ^_^;; this year I redeemed them the day I got the first email and the second email didn't have new codes. You should be safe no matter which codes you use though, since they're artist specific. Also, your perception check statement made me laugh. :D

Damien_Damien wrote:I bought a general attendee badge before registering for the Alley, and I saw on the site to email webmaster@youmacon.com about getting a refund for the first badge. I wrote them several days ago and haven't heard back yet. Are they usually very prompt about responding, or should I wait a few more days to hear back before I try contacting them again?

I'd say wait prolly another week. I've noticed emails don't get answered very fast no matter which account you're writing to. If you don't hear back, I'd say send another email and copy the AA email address on your message. Then it will be more likely to be seen.

Elicia
First Anime: Inuyasha

Postby Elicia » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:55 am

I have already registered for a table but after I signed up for classes for school I have found out that I wont be able to make it that weekend. I emailed the refund email about it but they havent gotten back to me in a few days. Is there something else I should be doing?

ETNsilverstar

Postby ETNsilverstar » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:59 am

Elicia wrote:I have already registered for a table but after I signed up for classes for school I have found out that I wont be able to make it that weekend. I emailed the refund email about it but they havent gotten back to me in a few days. Is there something else I should be doing?

If you haven't heard anything in 2 weeks, send them another email checking in on it. Otherwise you just have to wait. Prolly wouldn't hurt to send a note to the AA email too.

Hikaru0
Artists' Alley DH
First Anime: Vampire Hunter D

Postby Hikaru0 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:16 pm

The only emails I can direct you to for a refund is either webmaster@youmacon.com or media@youmacon.com. If you're not getting a response from either, I apologize, I will try poking one of them with a personal email.

Damien_Damien
First Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist

Postby Damien_Damien » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:05 am

I'm still not hearing anything back from either of these emails. Any chance you could poke 'em for us?

GenericDreamers
First Anime: Ranma 1/2

Postby GenericDreamers » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:03 am

I already got my table and badge squared away, but I'm still looking for people to help man the fort with me. Is it necessary / possible to get others into my studio?

Thanks
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=640124337
http://genericdreamers.deviantart.com/

floppybelly
First Anime: Pokémon

Postby floppybelly » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:55 pm

I'm also concerned about the refund process for double-badge purchases... I sent an email back in June and never heard anything, so I sent it again just now.

One other thing I'd like to know: Are there assigned tables in the Alley? If so, how can we find out where we'll be located? Can we make requests about which artists we're next to? If not, how does the table selection process work? And just to be entirely clear, because sometimes it's different at other cons- We DO get to leave our setup in place overnight, from day to day, and keep the same spot for the whole weekend, correct?

I had no idea where the Alley was last year (my first time at Youmacon), I just assumed that everyone in the COBO hall was a Dealer. Aside from our tables being shoved in the back, is there any real distinction between the two types of tables? Maybe there's a size difference, since I'm seeing both 8-foot and 6-foot tables as what we'll have provided for us. Maybe there's a division of some sort that makes it clear which is which. Maybe one is pre-assigned so as to tell their customers in advance where to go, and is shown on a map, whereas the others are first-come-first-serve or lottery-drawn...

WeeabooWarehouse
First Anime: Hellsing

Postby WeeabooWarehouse » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:58 pm

@Floppybelly

I do know that Artist Alley gets a standard 6 foot table and Dealers Room gets a booth, whether it be 8' x 8' or 10' x 10'.
And you can usually tell who's a dealer and who's an artist simply by the merchandise they sell.

saratonin
First Anime: Dragonball

Postby saratonin » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:08 pm

floppybelly wrote:One other thing I'd like to know: Are there assigned tables in the Alley? If so, how can we find out where we'll be located? Can we make requests about which artists we're next to? If not, how does the table selection process work? And just to be entirely clear, because sometimes it's different at other cons- We DO get to leave our setup in place overnight, from day to day, and keep the same spot for the whole weekend, correct?

Assuming things go as they have in the past, tables are assigned, but you wont know the location until you get there to setup.
The selection process is up to Hikaru0. I would email her with a request to be next to someone, and have them email her as well. The room is locked, so you can leave our setup in place.
Your assigned table wont change once you set up.

floppybelly
First Anime: Pokémon

Postby floppybelly » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:21 am

Okay, cool. Just a few more questions: Any idea what the hours will be that we'll be allowed into the hall for setup and teardown on Thursday/Friday and Sunday? Is there a loading dock or parking lot where we can bring loaded vehicles closer for convenience?

Hikaru0, what is her email address? Is she also the person I should ask about getting my extra badge refunded?

Hikaru0
Artists' Alley DH
First Anime: Vampire Hunter D

Postby Hikaru0 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:20 pm

For badge refunds please contact webmaster@youmacon.com, media@youmacon.com OR (as I'm hearing now) registration@youmacon.com. One of those three SHOULD respond to you and get your refund. Unfortunately I don't handle the money on my end.
I will be assigning seats, if you want to be next to someone email me at artists@youmacon.com. You probably won't hear back from me in regards to those requests BUT I do see them and I do make a note of them.

chelfie
First Anime: Rurouni Kenshin

Postby chelfie » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:37 am

I'm not sure if this information is somewhere else on the forum, but I have sent two emails with no reply so if someone could help me here that would be greatly appreciated ^^;

For the artist alley I already purchased 2 tables and 3 badges. However we now have a helper to accompany us that I need. We didn't get the helper badge at the time of registration because at that time we didn't know if we would have another person and I didn't want to get an extra badge with only 15 days for refund in case we get the badge and couldn't find anybody. Would we be able to purchase an additional artist/artist helper badge at this point and where do we go to do so? And how much would it cost?

Return to “Artists' Alley”