Youmacon 2013 Artist's Alley Information (UPDATE OCT 7th)

Moderators: Hikaru0, Public Moderators

ETNsilverstar
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Re: Youmacon 2013 Artist's Alley Information and Processes

Postby ETNsilverstar » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:17 am

fallenrainxxx wrote:
WeeabooWarehouse wrote:
fallenrainxxx wrote:So if me and my roomate who makes perler bead magnets were to get a table that would be acceptable?

Take a look at the "illegal items" thread <3

Ok.. But that still didn't answer my question. I sell faux fur hats... Which apparently aren't aloud.. So If me and my friend were to go in on a table together that would be acceptable? It doesn't really make and sense to me. But if that's how it has to be I guess I'll have to go along with it.

As long as you met the "no more than 50%" rule, then yes. I sell hats myself, but they are crocheted and I only have a couple of them, and they're not a problem. If you and a friend split the table 50/50 then you should be okay. Do you have a link or something for your hats? That might make it easier to figure out whether or not your hats really do fall into the "unacceptable" category.

fallenrainxxx
First Anime: InuYasha

Postby fallenrainxxx » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:00 pm

Ok.. But that still didn't answer my question. I sell faux fur hats... Which apparently aren't aloud.. So If me and my friend were to go in on a table together that would be acceptable? It doesn't really make and sense to me. But if that's how it has to be I guess I'll have to go along with it.[/quote]

As long as you met the "no more than 50%" rule, then yes. I sell hats myself, but they are crocheted and I only have a couple of them, and they're not a problem. If you and a friend split the table 50/50 then you should be okay. Do you have a link or something for your hats? That might make it easier to figure out whether or not your hats really do fall into the "unacceptable" category.[/quote]

This is my etsy page

https://www.etsy.com/shop/KawaiiAtama

The only thing is... paying 500 for a dealers table sounds very pointless when I prolly wouldn't even be making much more than that :/

Pandasuu

Postby Pandasuu » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:46 pm

Hello everyone!

I have a quick question. Can I sign up for Artist Alley for a One table, One badge and when my other two artist friends have money they register and I get them switched to AA Badges?? I don't have the money to cover them right now so I'm wondering if this would be acceptable?

Thanks bunches :3
Working on - female Mugen

Bo
Guest Relations DH
First Anime: Voltron

Postby Bo » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:04 pm

Artist Alley registration for Youmacon 2013 is now Live.

https://youmacon.com/registration/artists
"Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" -Dr. Seuss

karmada

Postby karmada » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:07 pm

Once we fill out the form and make the payment, we get a receipt sent to our email.

I assume there will be a separate confirmation that we are officially in the alley? Or does receiving the receipt means we're in? I didn't want to redeem the badge codes until I knew for sure.

Just curious how I should be watching my email. :)
Alcohol and Calculus don't mix. Don't Drink and Derive.
5/4 people have problems with fractions.

Bo
Guest Relations DH

Postby Bo » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:10 pm

Correct. If for any reason an application is rejected, a refund is issued.
because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" -Dr. Seuss

CaptiveAura
First Anime: Soul Eater

Postby CaptiveAura » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:22 pm

what's the table size??

Bo
Guest Relations DH

Postby Bo » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:57 pm

CaptiveAura wrote:what's the table size??

Unfortunately I don't have the information to confirm this, but believe it's an 8 foot table.

CaptiveAura

Postby CaptiveAura » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:52 pm

Bo wrote:
CaptiveAura wrote:what's the table size??

Unfortunately I don't have the information to confirm this, but believe it's an 8 foot table.

I hope so! If we get in the setup we will have to do will require us to bring a few of our metal grids and set them up right in front of our table which will give us less sitting space but plenty of room for our product!

Hikaru0
Artists' Alley DH
First Anime: Vampire Hunter D

Postby Hikaru0 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:34 am

First off, everyone shower Bo with candies and sqwuggles because he really worked his butt off to make sure the AA system went off without a hitch. He also proof'd my AA agreement because I'm a bad DH, and deserves snugs for that.

Now, to answer a few questions;

If you are a full out, hats only table, you cannot be in the alley. Our conchair would like all 100% hat sellers to shift to the dealers room instead as it would fit your needs much better.
HOWEVER (always a however in caps!)
If you only have half of a table with hats, you can still be in the alley. In other words, if you sell mixed merchandise with a hat here and there you can be in the alley. Fleece hats are the most common, but all 100% hat sellers have to be in the dealers room. I would recommend mixing other media in with your hats if you really need to stay in the alley.

again I apologize for not being on top of communication all the time. I'm still trying to weed through things from last year. (and the mass amount of spam I've been getting because someone signed up the artist's email for gaiaonline and sent in ten billion inquiries o.O ) Now that the alley registration is up and running I'll be able to answer questions with more certainty. Sometimes when you don't hear from me, it's because I don't have the answers then, I know it's frustrating for you and I deeply apologize.

Pandasuu wrote:Hello everyone!

I have a quick question. Can I sign up for Artist Alley for a One table, One badge and when my other two artist friends have money they register and I get them switched to AA Badges?? I don't have the money to cover them right now so I'm wondering if this would be acceptable?

Thanks bunches :3

This is a question that I'd have to ask about. Personally I have no issue with you doing that but I'm not sure if the system can easily do that.

fallenrainxxx wrote:So if me and my roomate who makes perler bead magnets were to get a table that would be acceptable?

we have lots of artists who sell these each year so yes they are legal ^_^

WeeabooWarehouse wrote:
CaptiveAura wrote:I've just read through the current AA agreement. Is it still a rule where as long as fleece hats aren't all you sell (50% or less) then you can still sell them? Also, would we be able to hold a raffle for our products? I'm just hoping I get a response asap as reg is opening tomorrow!!!! XD

I'm very sure I read in a thread that raffles are a no-no
That goes for most cons I think. <3

Actually I will have to ask about this. If you guys want, maybe we could start an AA-only raffle with donations from artists. (I think Shutocon had something like this and it went over well?) I've always wanted to do -some- sort of event for you guys, but I can never get anything off the ground.

LillyInverse

Postby LillyInverse » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:20 pm

I think an AA-Only raffle would be awesome! I've run raffles at a few cons and they usually do very well. I can provide at least some of the tickets for them. I think the issue would be really figuring out how to pay everyone after the raffle. >.<

linksliltri4ce
First Anime: Deathnote

Postby linksliltri4ce » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:42 pm

I did a free raffle last year and no one seemed to mind. I gave out free tickets to anyone who came to my table - whether they bought something or not. If they were present at the end of the just before AA closed, I'd call out ticket numbers to give away free prizes. It worked out for us really well and I had repeat customers all weekend long. =)
My cosplay/commission site at http://www.linksliltri4ce.webstarts.com
and my online store http://www.vendio.com/stores/linksliltri4ce

Come check out my Zelda collection!!! http://linksliltri4cezeldacollection.weebly.com/

CaptiveAura

Postby CaptiveAura » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:46 pm

We got in! I need to figure out what kind of space we will have. We use grids to display a lot of our work. Could we bring our own small table and set our grids up? What is the exact size of our space? We would like to figure out how to set up asap!

ETNsilverstar

Postby ETNsilverstar » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:21 pm

The space is ONLY the table. There's a little space behind so you can usually get away with a display behind your table as long as it's not interfering with other artists. There wouldn't really be space for another table. I'm assuming the setup will be similar to last year, even if it isn't in the same spot in the room.

CaptiveAura

Postby CaptiveAura » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:11 pm

ETNsilverstar wrote:The space is ONLY the table. There's a little space behind so you can usually get away with a display behind your table as long as it's not interfering with other artists. There wouldn't really be space for another table. I'm assuming the setup will be similar to last year, even if it isn't in the same spot in the room.

We wouldn't be using the table provided in this instance.

Return to “Artists' Alley”