Youmacon 2013 Artist's Alley Information (UPDATE OCT 7th)

Moderators: Hikaru0, Public Moderators

saratonin
First Anime: Dragonball

Re: Youmacon 2013 Artist's Alley Information (UPDATE OCT 7th

Postby saratonin » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:25 am

Hikaru0 wrote:I will put words in to have them redirect the lines then. They may still cut through a portion of the aa, with how the layout is, but I will attempt to put it out of the way.

Thank you Hikaru0. We also appreciate it. We look forward to seeing the new layout.

mikeluckas
First Anime: bebop

Postby mikeluckas » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:33 pm

I know this is a bit late, but I'd like to stress this:

PLEASE DO NOT have tables facing pillars or facing the back of the hall

I saw that a friend of mine (another participating artist) brought this up already in another thread after last year's convention, but I was in a terrible position last year. My table was placed in front of a pillar and facing towards the back wall (the food/seating area with large tables that not many people used). I hardly saw or spoke to a person the entire weekend. Not even my friends could find my table : /

Please don't do this to your artists.

A simple fix for this issue would be to move the back tables onto the aisle-side instead. If needed, the back could be blocked off with rope or a curtain to prevent attendees from walking behind the alley table spaces. I urge you to please take this into consideration. I know you can't control where there are pillars, but you can control the layout of your tables. Many conventions don't seem to understand how bad these rearward-facing tables affect the sales for the poor people stuck at them.

Thank you.

saratonin
First Anime: Dragonball

Postby saratonin » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:09 pm

mikeluckas wrote:I know this is a bit late, but I'd like to stress this:

PLEASE DO NOT have tables facing pillars or facing the back of the hall

I saw that a friend of mine (another participating artist) brought this up already in another thread after last year's convention, but I was in a terrible position last year. My table was placed in front of a pillar and facing towards the back wall (the food/seating area with large tables that not many people used). I hardly saw or spoke to a person the entire weekend. Not even my friends could find my table : /

Please don't do this to your artists.

A simple fix for this issue would be to move the back tables onto the aisle-side instead. If needed, the back could be blocked off with rope or a curtain to prevent attendees from walking behind the alley table spaces. I urge you to please take this into consideration. I know you can't control where there are pillars, but you can control the layout of your tables. Many conventions don't seem to understand how bad these rearward-facing tables affect the sales for the poor people stuck at them.

Thank you.

I support this as well, but it shouldn't be a problem if there are still a lot of empty tables. And with the setup being side by side w/ the dealers, there shouldn't be any pillars in AA this year, I think they will be in the dealers room.
I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Alex
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby Alex » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:21 pm

Speaking of empty tables... any news on the status of the waitlist?

Toxic
First Anime: Animate miami

Postby Toxic » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:09 pm

Hey this is Toxic-Mario.....one of the people in the artist alley. I kind of didn't realize how much of my MLP stuff I was bringing from Bronycon and I was wondering if there is a way to get a 2nd table added to my booth? I know I would have to pay to get the other another but I was wondering if that was possible on such short notice?

:rd:

Thanks,
Toxic-Mario

Return to “Artists' Alley”