Youmacon 2013 Artist's Alley Information (UPDATE OCT 7th)

Moderators: Hikaru0, Public Moderators

User avatar
Damien_Damien
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:26 pm
First Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist
Contact:

Re: Youmacon 2013 Artist's Alley Information and Processes

Postby Damien_Damien » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:38 pm

I'm still not hearing back from anyone about badge refunds for double purchases. I've emailed all three addresses multiple times, and am getting no response. I hate to keep coming in here and posting basically the same thing, but I don't know what else to do at this point. :(

User avatar
Hikaru0
Artists' Alley DH
Posts: 730
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:08 pm
First Anime: Vampire Hunter D
Location: Hitchhiking across the galaxy

Re: Youmacon 2013 Artist's Alley Information and Processes

Postby Hikaru0 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:09 pm

Damien, I am incredibly sorry. I will take a 2x4 to them next on your behalf. :(
If they continually do not respond, the best I can do is give you a refund for your extra table at the convention itself. That will be the only time I have access to any sort of money. :/

chelfie wrote:I'm not sure if this information is somewhere else on the forum, but I have sent two emails with no reply so if someone could help me here that would be greatly appreciated ^^;

For the artist alley I already purchased 2 tables and 3 badges. However we now have a helper to accompany us that I need. We didn't get the helper badge at the time of registration because at that time we didn't know if we would have another person and I didn't want to get an extra badge with only 15 days for refund in case we get the badge and couldn't find anybody. Would we be able to purchase an additional artist/artist helper badge at this point and where do we go to do so? And how much would it cost?

I will have to look into this, I'm not sure our current system is set up for that.

User avatar
Damien_Damien
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:26 pm
First Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist
Contact:

Re: Youmacon 2013 Artist's Alley Information and Processes

Postby Damien_Damien » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:19 pm

Thanks very much, Hikaru. I'll remember that if I still haven't heard back by the con.

chelfie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:29 am
First Anime: Rurouni Kenshin

Re: Youmacon 2013 Artist's Alley Information and Processes

Postby chelfie » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:19 pm

Thank you. Please let me know if you find out! If not would I still be able to purchase another artist helper badge on site when I get there?

CaptiveAura
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:40 pm
First Anime: Soul Eater

Re: Youmacon 2013 Artist's Alley Information and Processes

Postby CaptiveAura » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:18 pm

Since I can't seem to find this information.... Two questions... I thought I read somewhere that we print and bring the contract with us when we come to set up, is that true? Or do we have to mail it in before hand?? And my second question is about the hours for AA. I know the con is 24 hours, but I didn't think that the artist alley was, does it close at a certain time? Will it be locked? It's just getting sooooo close, so I'm trying to have "all my ducks in a row". :D

User avatar
Hikaru0
Artists' Alley DH
Posts: 730
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:08 pm
First Anime: Vampire Hunter D
Location: Hitchhiking across the galaxy

Re: Youmacon 2013 Artist's Alley Information and Processes

Postby Hikaru0 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:24 pm

chelfie wrote:Thank you. Please let me know if you find out! If not would I still be able to purchase another artist helper badge on site when I get there?


I will have to PM you to discuss this.

CaptiveAura wrote:Since I can't seem to find this information.... Two questions... I thought I read somewhere that we print and bring the contract with us when we come to set up, is that true? Or do we have to mail it in before hand?? And my second question is about the hours for AA. I know the con is 24 hours, but I didn't think that the artist alley was, does it close at a certain time? Will it be locked? It's just getting sooooo close, so I'm trying to have "all my ducks in a row". :D


Ideally I'd like the contract printed out and signed by you, yes. I'll try to have copies on hand for people who forget or didn't realize they needed to sign a copy.
The AA hours will be the same as the Dealer's Room. Forgive me for not remembering at this time but I -think- the dealer's room closes anywhere between 7 and 9pm on friday and saturday and five on sunday. I'll post up a more official schedule for the AA in a few weeks.
Yes, the AA will be locked and guarded through the night. However, Youmacon is not liable if you decide to leave valuables or valuable merchandise in the open and it disappears overnight. We don't hire on thieves as staff, but things can get misplaced or lost.

User avatar
okelleok
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 10:37 am
First Anime: Slayers
Location: Detroit, MI
Contact:

Re: Youmacon 2013 Artist's Alley Information and Processes

Postby okelleok » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:45 pm

I'm slinking in to add a couple more questions to this thread – please throw me in the direction of the answer if it's already somewhere on here!

Badge pickup: Any special location/process? Or should I expect to wait in the prereg line Thursday/Friday? I'm not familiar with AA processes in general, so I'm afraid I don't know what to expect in this regard.

Setup times: Any set times yet, particularly for Friday?

Thanks for the support!

CaptiveAura
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:40 pm
First Anime: Soul Eater

Re: Youmacon 2013 Artist's Alley Information and Processes

Postby CaptiveAura » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:30 pm

Awesome! Thanks!
One more question, and I know I keep bugging about it, but is there any update on layout/space sizes?
ETA
When we register our badges, can we put whatever name we want to on them?

Ni.Hao.Panda
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:09 pm

Re: Youmacon 2013 Artist's Alley Information and Processes

Postby Ni.Hao.Panda » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:13 am

I don't know if this was already asked yet but i was wondering how the table picking process went?
Since we are not assigned a table when we register i was wondering if it was a first come first serve kind of thing?
and if so can we go on Thursday a pick our table or is the earliest you can go Friday at the set up time?

Thank you in advance for your answer! =]

Faith from CleanCanvas

User avatar
saratonin
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:39 pm
First Anime: Dragonball
Contact:

Re: Youmacon 2013 Artist's Alley Information and Processes

Postby saratonin » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:01 pm

Ni.Hao.Panda wrote:I don't know if this was already asked yet but i was wondering how the table picking process went?
Since we are not assigned a table when we register i was wondering if it was a first come first serve kind of thing?
and if so can we go on Thursday a pick our table or is the earliest you can go Friday at the set up time?


If they do it like last year, the tables were assigned and we didn't know the layout or table location until we got there.
Youmacon has not typically published layouts before the con.

Ni.Hao.Panda
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:09 pm

Re: Youmacon 2013 Artist's Alley Information and Processes

Postby Ni.Hao.Panda » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:10 am

saratonin wrote:
Ni.Hao.Panda wrote:I don't know if this was already asked yet but i was wondering how the table picking process went?
Since we are not assigned a table when we register i was wondering if it was a first come first serve kind of thing?
and if so can we go on Thursday a pick our table or is the earliest you can go Friday at the set up time?


If they do it like last year, the tables were assigned and we didn't know the layout or table location until we got there.
Youmacon has not typically published layouts before the con.



Thank you for the answer =]. I have been in other artist alley's but this will be my first in the youmacon artist alley so i wasn't sure.
Another ?tion >_> do we have to wait in the reg line to get our artist badge or do we go straight to the alley and some1 will have them there?
All the other ones i went to they had us go to the alley location and get our badges there.

User avatar
saratonin
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:39 pm
First Anime: Dragonball
Contact:

Re: Youmacon 2013 Artist's Alley Information and Processes

Postby saratonin » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:41 am

Ni.Hao.Panda wrote:Another ?tion >_> do we have to wait in the reg line to get our artist badge or do we go straight to the alley and some1 will have them there?


Last year we picked them up in the alley
If I recall correctly they didn't let us in until Friday morning, but we had several hours to set up.

yummy-suika
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:30 pm
First Anime: sailor moon

Re: Youmacon 2013 Artist's Alley Information and Processes

Postby yummy-suika » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:48 am

Hi there,

I'm wondering if it's too late to add a helper to my table? The contract says latest reservation by Oct.1, and I just want to confirm if that includes helpers as well? If so, the payment is $50? And can I send that via paypal?

Please let me know soon as Oct.1 is coming up soon and I haven't heard back after sending my email inquiry on this matter. >_<


yummy-suika <3

ETNsilverstar
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:27 pm
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Re: Youmacon 2013 Artist's Alley Information and Processes

Postby ETNsilverstar » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:01 pm

For anyone who needs additional helper badges, I would suggest just doing the standard Pre-reg. it will be the easiest way to guarantee a badge for your helper, though they will probably have to wait in the Pre-reg line at the con to get their badge. However, if setup is like last year, your helpers will be able to come in and help with setup stuff before going to grab the badge, as long as they don't do early shopping or anything.

yummy-suika
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:30 pm
First Anime: sailor moon

Re: Youmacon 2013 Artist's Alley Information and Processes

Postby yummy-suika » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:51 pm

ETNsilverstar wrote:For anyone who needs additional helper badges, I would suggest just doing the standard Pre-reg. it will be the easiest way to guarantee a badge for your helper, though they will probably have to wait in the Pre-reg line at the con to get their badge. However, if setup is like last year, your helpers will be able to come in and help with setup stuff before going to grab the badge, as long as they don't do early shopping or anything.


thanks for your reply!

so once i get the badge, do i just inform the AA staff so they can have an AA badge ready for my helper?


Return to “Artists' Alley”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest